Nike Air Jordan 1 "Chicago" - May 30, 2015. (LEGIT CHECK IN 1st POST)

How many pairs will you be copping?

• "1" is all I need.

Votes: 3 17.6%
  • 2. One to rock, One to stock.

Votes: 8 47.1%
  • 3+. I need to hoard for no valid reason.

Votes: 5 29.4%
  • 0. No OG Box? PASS.

Votes: 1 5.9%

• Total voters
I just bought a pair off ebay from a first time seller. Shoe came with a footlocker receipt but no tissue paper inside(Not that big a deal) nor is the inside box lid stamped by Nike like my SBBs & Cyber Mondays. Should I be worried? 

My box lid looks similar to this one recently posted by another NTer

If you're really concerned post up pics of the actual shoes in the legit thread section. Can't go off something like that, I personally ditch the paper since it yellows the shoes, for what it's worth.

This is the only release that I see the thread active almost a year after these dropped.. Must be up there as far as all time status I really appreciate my pair & contributed to the thread earlier but now I'm just thinking about these Breds.. Every week I see celebrities wearing these on blogs too it's like no one can get enough of Chicagos that's dope

This is the only release that I see the thread active almost a year after these dropped.. Must be up there as far as all time status I really appreciate my pair & contributed to the thread earlier but now I'm just thinking about these Breds.. Every week I see celebrities wearing these on blogs too it's like no one can get enough of Chicagos that's dope
It's a timeless shoe.

I dont think paper yellows the shoes anymore .
I have always made a habit of folding it onto the bottom of the box and nothing has yellowed, except for some icy soles, but that happens anyway.

If you're really concerned post up pics of the actual shoes in the legit thread section. Can't go off something like that, I personally ditch the paper since it yellows the shoes, for what it's worth.

Paper isn't the issue, Modern-day paper is far less acidic

Last edited:
I just bought a pair off ebay from a first time seller. Shoe came with a footlocker receipt but no tissue paper inside(Not that big a deal) nor is the inside box lid stamped by Nike like my SBBs & Cyber Mondays. Should I be worried? 

My box lid looks similar to this one recently posted by another NTer
View media item 2014767

My box lid from NTNY doesn't have a stamp either. I think majority chi's didn't have a stamp. Those look good to me as well.

Edit: I noticed one of the toebox holes wasn't completely ounched out, but I had a similar issue too. Still a great looking pair you have.

Last edited:
Lots of ones don't have the box stamp on the lid. Some even have them on the inside box in weird places

I have 2 pairs of Chi1s. 1 from Nike Kuwait and 1 from FTA.
Whats strange is the mesh pattern/direction on the back of the tongue of my wear pair is different with my DS pair.

Here's what I meant:

WEAR PAIR(Nike Kuwait)
Left Pair
View media item 2017995Vertical Pattern. All of my 1s are like this.

Right Pair
View media item 2017996Horizontal Pattern. This is why after I wore them a few times the mesh is wrinkled.

DS PAIR(FTA)
View media item 2018001Both tongue has vertical pattern.

I asked my friend who has a pair, and both of his tongue are in horizontal pattern like this:
View media item 2018003So I believe his pair will wrinkle after a few wears like mine.

Anybody notice this on their pairs? I mean people wont see them anyway but it bothers me a bit knowing that I have a wrinkled mesh behind my tongue. And Im afraid the longer I wear them, the worse it will get.
Many thanks guys..

I know this is frowned upon but I have a time sensitive "steal" on these through a FB group.. Can I get opinions on these please
Is the wings logo too small? Look how close these are to the top stitching.

Ask for pics of the back to check the shape. 

I could be wrong though.  I would wait to see what others think. 

Last edited:
Is the wings logo too small? Look how close these are to the top stitching.

View media item 2021823

View media item 2021824

Ask for pics of the back to check the shape. 

I could be wrong though.  I would wait to see what others think. 

Good eye.

Also, the u shaped curve by toe box is off. Looking at aerial view 1st two pics, left shoe especially

So should I get only pics of the left shoe ? I just asked for more pics ... Thanks everyone

Back
Top Bottom