Nike Air Jordan 4 Retro "White/Cement" - The Aftermath - NO BUYING/SELLING/TRADING

88s were an online release only. Imo that's far from easy. Took me about 25 mins before i was able to atc on fta

damn this is confirming my fears and my jordan pstd is kicking in from when I bought my first pair and ruined them and went back and learned that there NEVER will be more.. now I deadstock everything.  I blame jordan for my hoarding of anything remotely limited haha.

yes. it was weird that the 88's were easy to get and now the value of them is crazy high....

Bro the '88s were not easy to get at all. At 4:51 EST on 2/6/13 all hell broke loose online. I got lucky using both a PC and my iPad/iPhone. I added to cart somehow on on the idevice and finished check out on NDC. I actually thought I had taken an L since everything was crashing but when I reloaded NDC on the PC there they were. That was not a GR release and the current prices reflect that. They did sell more during ASW and that was probably the easiest place to cop.

These joints feel like the Oreo's, which is a very good thing.

I can only pray for OG Black Cement 4's on Black Friday.

88s were an online release only. Imo that's far from easy. Took me about 25 mins before i was able to atc on fta
Maybe they had a million pairs online? Where as the wc4 had million between online and retail stores ? I'm probably gonna hoard these. I have a feeling in a year or so they'll be good trade bait and their value will be high

$600 for some sneakers?? FOH hypebeast
not just some sneaker........1989 white cement 4's...the exact shoe...
with leather made from the great grandson of the pig that they used for the 89 pair or from pigs that don c birthed and raised himself 
laugh.gif
 the jim perdue of leather

My gut is telling me Jordan Brand is outsourcing their production to multiple factories in China. Each factory may be using different materials and Nike/JB isn't doing a A+ job of monitoring their quality control practices overseas. There's less centralization going on in my opinion and the easiest way for JB to produce a million pairs of WC 4s, a million pairs of 72-10s, etc is to use multiple production facilities. And in China, they're a dime a dozen.

This can also partly explain the reason why over the last couple of years, fake (aka UA/GM) pairs are getting much closer to looking and feeling like the real thing.
Nike doesn't own the majority if any of the factories that make the product. It's complicated, but there are Korean owned factories in Vietnam for example.
Good point. In this case, this can help to explain why the quality control during post-production appears to be lackluster for the most part. Nike can set its QA/QC standards and implement them jointly with the factory owners but the downfall is this: factory owners in China who use cheap labor (whether or not they are contracted with Nike) are more than likely not using lean production processes, no six sigma training & implementation, nothing.

Maybe they had a million pairs online? Where as the wc4 had million between online and retail stores ? I'm probably gonna hoard these. I have a feeling in a year or so they'll be good trade bait and their value will be high

Idk the production numbers but fact is once you strike out on an online release that's it. There were still pairs for sale in stores well into Saturday night for these 4s.

yes. it was weird that the 88's were easy to get and now the value of them is crazy high....
Bro the '88s were not easy to get at all. At 4:51 EST on 2/6/13 all hell broke loose online. I got lucky using both a PC and my iPad/iPhone. I added to cart somehow on on the idevice and finished check out on NDC. I actually thought I had taken an L since everything was crashing but when I reloaded NDC on the PC there they were. That was not a GR release and the current prices reflect that. They did sell more during ASW and that was probably the easiest place to cop.
Its luck.. but these were a relatively easy pick up for me.. I got me and two friends pairs with 0 effort.. I swear its rigged by IP or something bc I bought.. created a new nike login.. bought.. created a new nike login bought.. like it was just a normal shoe on a normal day.  Like @bigj505  said its just your luck that day (i think thats who said it) bc I struck out for hours on the blk/red (i know bred hurts feelings here) 13's and the playoff XI and basically every shoe between 2013-2015. Struck out on infra/carmine/motorsports 6 but copped multiple blk/rd 1's and too many 3lab5s on 3G in a pool in pr half asleep.. so yea its all luck.   Thats why I got so many raffles for these.. online is funny.

Resell for these are too high right now. $300+ for a GR like this? Im going to continue looking, I can find a pair of 11s for less than 300

I would snatch a pair asap. Even though these were made in huge quantities, this is a special shoe and resale prices will never drop below what they are now. A lot of people were laughing at me, but in a few years these will most likely resell for close or at '88s prices. Unlike other hyped shoes, lots of people bought these to actually wear and keep. A lot of people bought 2 pairs and at least one of them will be worn within the year. Next year I'd expect the avg prices to be $450-500 easily. This is why it is so important to always cop on RD. A lot of people underestimated this shoe given what we've seen with all the previous releases. A NA WC/BC 3 or 4 is a different beast.

I would snatch a pair asap. Even though these were made in huge quantities, this is a special shoe and resale prices will never drop below what they are now. A lot of people were laughing at me, but in a few years these will most likely resell for close or at '88s prices. Unlike other hyped shoes, lots of people bought these to actually wear and keep. A lot of people bought 2 pairs and at least one of them will be worn within the year. Next year I'd expect the avg prices to be $450-500 easily. This is why it is so important to always cop on RD. A lot of people underestimated this shoe given what we've seen with all the previous releases. A NA WC/BC 3 or 4 is a different beast.
thanks for the advice, I'll try my best to find even $260-80 if possible.

not white knighting jordan but the QC isn't the problem, its the disconnect between customer expectation of quality and company minimum quality standards.  1000's of owners are on here accounting for way more pairs than that and we only saw a max of 10 actual defective pairs that slipped.  Cars that are 100 times more expensive where issues can be life and death have worse defect rates than this.. check out some TSB's lol

Its luck.. but these were a relatively easy pick up for me.. I got me and two friends pairs with 0 effort.. I swear its rigged by IP or something bc I bought.. created a new nike login.. bought.. created a new nike login bought.. like it was just a normal shoe on a normal day.  Like @bigj505
 said its just your luck that day (i think thats who said it) bc I struck out for hours on the blk/red (i know bred hurts feelings here) 13's and the playoff XI and basically every shoe between 2013-2015. Struck out on infra/carmine/motorsports 6 but copped multiple blk/rd 1's and too many 3lab5s on 3G in a pool in pr half asleep.. so yea its all luck.   Thats why I got so many raffles for these.. online is funny.

The '88s were the only shoe I was able to get manually in that period. After that I found the free NDC bot and started using chrome. That was the only way for me to guarantee myself HGGs among others. Now I just take my chances online manually, but also go to stores. It was easier for me to double up on the XIs and these by going to the mall and that's what I'll do until that stops working.

Last edited:
The '88s were the only show I was able to get manually in that period. After that I found the free NDC bot and started using chrome. That was the only way for me to guarantee myself HGGs among others. Now I just take my chances online manually, but also go to stores. It was easier for me to double up on the XIs and these by going to the mall and that's what I'll do until that stops working.
Agree except for the bot.. It just stopped working for me after one release and I wasn't motivated enough to fix it bc I was in denial thinking I could cop manually still.  Took 2 years and a shoe I loved for me to be serious about copping lol

Agree except for the bot.. It just stopped working for me after one release and I wasn't motivated enough to fix it bc I was in denial thinking I could cop manually still.  Took 2 years and a shoe I loved for me to be serious about copping lol

Yeah the bot I had stopped working for me also and I just refuse to buy a bot for hundreds. I got really discouraged and just started buying Js again with the maroon release. I was out of the loop for a while so I didn't know hype had died down and I could actually buy them without any trouble.

Back
Top Bottom