Nike Air Jordan Retro Metallic V - 7/23/16

Nike's return/voucher policy is one of the best in all of business. I felt like it'd be highly unlikely for Nike to not honor that claim when I've gotten approved claims for far less.

My moldy shoe claim was approved by Nike.

EDIT WOW SAW THE PIC JUST NOW. Yikes!

Did they smell at all? Some of their shoes have the insole glued down to the foot bed. No way to check.

Last edited:
EDIT WOW SAW THE PIC JUST NOW. Yikes!

Did they smell at all? Some of their shoes have the insole glued down to the foot bed. No way to check.
No odor. I discovered it when I removed my insoles to see if I needed to trim them because it felt like they curled up at the end of the toe box. Mine weren't glued down.

Make a stock x account and use the $25 coupon to buy off there, will come out to under retail

I just came on here to say the same thing. I signed up, used the coupon, and got my pair for $198.

Overall really impressed with their site/service. You have to wait a little longer than retail/eBay (Purchased on 12/23, Delivered on 12/30), but well worth it for the authenticity check & customer service.

Oh, and the shoes are dope too :x

So it's been almost 6 months, and I'm wondering how everyone's black/metallic tongues are holding up, for those that wear these regularly?

My theory from back when these released was that JB made these particular tongues differently so as to make them more durable and to avoid the "patchy" appearance previous AJ V Retro tongues would get when the 3M coating started to get wear and tear, but I never could figure out what kind of material was used on the 2016's, although it obviously wasn't just a 3M coating. After getting in the AJ V reflective jacket this week and comparing it to the shoes, the tongues seem to be made of the same reflective polyester used on the jacket (which also seems to contain the same tech Nike put into the Vapor jackets a few years back), but of course with thicker padding behind it on the tongues.

After wearing the shoes at least a few times a week since release, my tongues are still in pretty much perfect condition and still every bit as reflective, and the shoes themselves are holding up remarkably well. To me these were unquestionably the most well made Retro of 2016, aside from the existing insole mold issues a couple people have had, which seem to be pretty isolated.

So it's been almost 6 months, and I'm wondering how everyone's black/metallic tongues are holding up, for those that wear these regularly?

My theory from back when these released was that JB made these particular tongues differently so as to make them more durable and to avoid the "patchy" appearance previous AJ V Retro tongues would get when the 3M coating started to get wear and tear, but I never could figure out what kind of material was used on the 2016's, although it obviously wasn't just a 3M coating. After getting in the AJ V reflective jacket this week and comparing it to the shoes, the tongues seem to be made of the same reflective polyester used on the jacket (which also seems to contain the same tech Nike put into the Vapor jackets a few years back), but of course with thicker padding behind it on the tongues.

After wearing the shoes at least a few times a week since release, my tongues are still in pretty much perfect condition and still every bit as reflective, and the shoes themselves are holding up remarkably well. To me these were unquestionably the most well made Retro of 2016, aside from the existing insole mold issues a couple people have had, which seem to be pretty isolated.

Been wearing mine almost non stop since release and the tongues are holding up well. No chipping, cracking, flaking or change in reflectivity at the creased portions.

10.5 for me, but I need to step to the plate. No excuse on my end. Wife wanted to buy on release day and I flaked out. Beyond PO'd now.

Does the nubuck do well if caught in the rain or do I need waterproofer ?

I've had mine get splashed with water, and they have gotten small, slight water spots, but I've gotten them off by using a small amount of generic nubuck cleaner sprayed onto a plain black hand towel.

Back
Top Bottom