Nike Air Jordan Retro Metallic V - 7/23/16

Not a perfect retro, but I do think this was a great retro overall. Personally, I think the toe box looks more OG than the FR5s that just launched. Those are too low and just off. Side profile looks great; from the top...yuck.

Not a perfect retro, but I do think this was a great retro overall. Personally, I think the toe box looks more OG than the FR5s that just launched. Those are too low and just off. Side profile looks great; from the top...yuck.
If we are talking strictly the originals, we are not even close yet with black metallic retros to what the original shape or toes were IMO.

JB1.jpg

JB2.jpg

The blk/silver has been moving. Was watching a pair that had just been posted on eBay and it sold not long after. Wish I was on these the minute they retroed in 2016, but better late than never. Sleek.

These were an easy pass when I got them in person. The shiny tongue and the ridiculous Nike stitching on the back. Materials were adequate, nothing special. Now we got cats dropping almost double retail? Trash...

I was so confused lol. Anyway.. I def need another pair of these. IDK how I let this happen lol This was a big deal pair and best V to me. Knowing me, I was being selective at the time. I slowed down from around mid 2013-2016.

TLD hype got a hold of these too.

I was so confused lol. Anyway.. I def need another pair of these. IDK how I let this happen lol This was a big deal pair and best V to me. Knowing me, I was being selective at the time. I slowed down from around mid 2013-2016.

TLD hype got a hold of these too.

that documentary definitely inflated prices for all og colorways. As I said I was watching a pair to go for for a trifecta, and it sold for 400.00+( plus taxes).

Was cleaning up a few pairs, and decided to bump this thread lol. This release was so close to perfect in my eyes except that damn tongue smfh. JB can never give you the full package. Held on to my 2011 pair, I know I’m in the minority but I actually love that pair. I treat it like a LS release, still very clean on feet to me.

2671484D-CBF7-406D-A76D-B49FAAA4106D.jpeg

had 3 pairs of these on release date but i ended up returning the third pair and kept the other two...i wanted to have an extra pair on deck but the tongue annoyed me so i ended up returning that one too... i am glad to have at least 1 pair though... quality was pretty nice only thing i hated was the tongue... the 3m was nice but the material they used was garbage...

had 3 pairs of these on release date but i ended up returning the third pair and kept the other two...i wanted to have an extra pair on deck but the tongue annoyed me so i ended up returning that one too... i am glad to have at least 1 pair though... quality was pretty nice only thing i hated was the tongue... the 3m was nice but the material they used was garbage...
They could’ve left the tongues from 06-13 releases on. They weren’t as good as the 2000 retros but they were definitely better than what they give us now. That’s really my only complaint about this shoe.

Back
Top Bottom