Nike Air Jordan Retro Metallic V - 7/23/16

Excited for this release.

Obviously we've yet to see the final product, but? ..the pics surfacing thus far give me hope.

I've been out the loop for awhile now. Last kicks I copped were the Carmine's. The lower numbered models are the only J's I funk w/, so the 'remastered' BM V has me warm on the inside.

I knew the Maroon VI and WC4 were dropping, but slept on BOTH, and regret it. So? ..I'll be all over these.

Definitely looking forward to July.

People are out here scamming folks for these early pairs smh
Those look pretty bad on the collar\ankle. But all in all, I think this GM pair will get us a general idea of how they're going to look. Blue sole is definately there on the Nike pic just for reference.

^Love these so much i would buy but those look awful, look at the E, sitting low like Easy in his 64

I really cant wait for these, release of the year

Last edited:
Yeah because the retail pairs will look completely different |I
not going to debate on how nice and close these early pairs are. The Nike preview sample show shows no blue sole, thinner Durabuck cuts, and an outline where the collar bump is but hey, I guess that's the same View media item 1955488View media item 1955489

You know what I meant, now your just nitpicking. :tongue: But you're right I'm not here to argue with you over GM pairs. Thanks for posting that pic I must have missed it. I'm pretty happy it shows them without the blue tint. There's still hope for a clear sole :D

You know what I meant, now your just nitpicking.
tongue.gif
But you're right I'm not here to argue with you over GM pairs. Thanks for posting that pic I must have missed it. I'm pretty happy it shows them without the blue tint. There's still hope for a clear sole
happy.gif
That's definitely blue tint, it's just the white background.

man please tell me these will not have that blue tint and black tongue netting
They will have that beautiful blue tint sole that look amazing on these, But no they will not have that black tongue netting. The newer pictures that some of you still Q_Qing as fakes have the clear netting. 

They will have that beautiful blue tint sole that look amazing on these, But no they will not have that black tongue netting. The newer pictures that some of you still Q_Qing as fakes have the clear netting. 

ogs didnt have that tacky blue tint sole

they really need to come off that remastered price if they are going to keep doing this

hope to god the retail pair doesnt have the blue soles what are they thinking?

midas whale blue tint the netting too

they really need to come off that remastered price if they are going to keep doing this

I don't care that the OGs didnt have blue tint soles lol I'm not with you guys that live and breathe by the "OGs>all models". The blue tint sole looks good on black sneakers that have minimal red on it. With these they look great. 

Imma cop if it's blue or whatever...I just started collecting 2 years ago and the way I see it I picked a great time! They doing the 1s right now on top of the nike air models...didn't waste money all those years on the weaker product!

^Love these so much i would buy but those look awful, look at the E, sitting low like Easy in his 64

I really cant wait for these, release of the year

I was just about to say the same thing 1c3m4m 1c3m4m ...

The E looks like it's smoked a couple LOUD blunts...

:lol:

That right there should let you know that those are fakes. Durabuck also looks like the Ashy Larry nubuck that was on the 2011's

I completely disagree. The patent leather cut was changed for the worse imo. The 2000 retro also lacked ankle padding.

Yeah, the ankle collar on the OG XI was reinforced. It was somewhat reinforced on the 2000 retros, but completely lacking on the recent XI's. The recent XI's are terrible in terms of inner construction, patent leather, shape and cut of the shoe. I hope they address some of these issues when they remaster them this Christmas.

I want to also note, that my 94 1s have a reinforced ankle collar as well. I think they replaced that on the 01s with extremely thick padding which was a good replacement.

I am so glad the air units are clear and not colored. Thanks JB.

I still don't understand why so many people are freaking out over the blue tint.  First, although it's pretty strong in some of these pics, in person it's really hard to see, and requires the right light.  They just don't look that blue on feet in the real world.  I'm speaking from experience with others I have that came with the tint.  I have to look pretty closely at the right angle in the right light to really see it.  It just delays yellowing.  Eventually it disappears, and they turn yellow anyway.  I don't know where this whole green thing came from.  Whether you like it or not, it's going to go away and be icy as per the OGs.  I bet if worn enough, they'll turn piss yellow just like the OGs too (which I find ugly personally).  Anyway, the number of people who decide not to get these solely for this reason will be few and far between no doubt!

I like the blue tint tbh, same thing with the Infrapinks. Also, they don't turn green, they turn grey and then yellow out. IMO the only thing the OG has going for in my eyes is the better netting. The 2000 had a better toebox (subjective) durabuck and an NA that didn't lowride.

However, this blue tint is a nice touch and looks fresh on foot. If they're well put together, I'll say they are better than the OG's and 2K's. Don't put the OG's on a pedestal, they weren't well put together shoes in any regard.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom