Nike Air Jordan Retro Metallic V - 7/23/16

Lol you guys and the OG models. OG models look like trash compared to what's been remastered.

So you guys would be willing to take the AJ3 OG over say the '13 FR for example? Hell no, the shape, design and tongue is miles better than the OG. I can't wait to see the remastered TBs.

The AJ5 from 2013 were a little off (terrible leather too), but the remastered 5s I've seen from JB have been dope as hell. Put down the nostalgia glasses.

Last edited:
Damn! You know times have changed when these kids think retros look better then OG's
mean.gif
Kids? The 3 silhouette from 2013 is superior to the OGs. I'll give you that the materials used on the OGs were probably better, but as Tinker said a lot of those factories aren't around anymore to produce an exact copy.

I'm talking strictly from an aesthetic view, all the remastered Js so far look a ton better than the OG models.

It's like the Air Force 1. When it was redesigned in 07 looked miles better than the 82 shoe.

Last edited:
Damn! You know times have changed when these kids think retros look better then OG's :smh:

Kids? The 3 silhouette from 2013 is superior to the OGs. I'll give you that the materials used on the OGs were probably better, but as Tinker said a lot of those factories aren't around anymore to produce an exact copy.

I'm talking strictly from an aesthetic view, all the remastered Js so far look a ton better than the OG models.

It's like the Air Force 1. When it was redesigned in 07 looked miles better than the 82 shoe.

Yeah kids. Most with this opinion are too young to even know what OG's were like, so they like what they know(retros) better. You have the right to your own opinion and I respect it but I disagree.

Yeah kids. Most with this opinion are too young to even know what OG's were like, so they like what they know(retros) better. You have the right to your own opinion and I respect it but I disagree.
I was around when the OGs dropped and had a pair of the black infras and grapes, but dude it's been like 25 years since they first came out so I don't really remember them all that well.

All I have to look at now are videos/images of OG pairs, and to my eyes much prefer the remastered stuff.

There's not one retro I'd take over any OG model. Not one.
1, 3, 5, and 6, the first retroes, for me at least.

I've owned a beat down OG Infrared 6 and a Grape 5, I traded both for their 2000 Retro equivalents in better conditions. They're just mediocre quality 90's b-ball shoes, I'm just here for Tinker's design. Of course, I still like either a cheap price ($100-120 for 13 years) or okay quality.

Last edited:

I was around when the OGs dropped and had a pair of the black infras and grapes, but dude it's been like 25 years since they first came out so I don't really remember them all that well.

All I have to look at now are videos/images of OG pairs, and to my eyes much prefer the remastered stuff.

It's all good man, we don't have to have the same opinion. You can like whatever you want.

Quote:
Nike hasn't change retros to look better. They change them to be cheaper and have succeeded. They've been so successful people believe the cheaper versions at extremely high prices are better. Ha ha ha
And I already said the materials have been poor, but I much prefer the updated designs of the AJ line than when the OGs dropped.

The AJ3 silhoutte from 2013 and probably this upcoming TB are timeless.

Nike hasn't change retros to look better. They change them to be cheaper and have succeeded. They've been so successful people believe the cheaper versions at extremely high prices are better. Ha ha ha
Because fixing the collar leather, making better durabuck, and redesigning the EP isn't a good thing? Is the Steel 10 with the toecap magically better because it's "THE OG DESIGN I GREW UP WITH!!"

I don't support the Gentry era cost cutting, but don't fool yourself, even the OG Jordan 2 was a mediocre quality shoe.

Last edited:

I hope your health insurance plan has vision

Because fixing the collar leather, making better durabuck, and redesigning the EP isn't a good thing? Is the Steel 10 with the toecap magically better because it's "THE OG DESIGN I GREW UP WITH"?
Yeah the EP on the 3s are sooooo much better. Props to you man.

Quote:

And I already said the materials have been poor, but I much prefer the updated designs of the AJ line than when the OGs dropped.

The AJ3 silhoutte from 2013 and probably this upcoming TB are timeless.

I thought the 3 was beautiful from jump. The OG version is the one I fell in love with. I never thought a change was needed. Therefore any changes made is unnecessary IMO. That's how I feel about all original models being into sneakers for decades now. If I didn't like them then it doesn't matter what changes they make. I still won't like them.

I never saw a OG pair of 3s and said man if only the toe was different.

Because fixing the collar leather, making better durabuck, and redesigning the EP isn't a good thing? Is the Steel 10 with the toecap magically better because it's "THE OG DESIGN I GREW UP WITH"?

Doesn't make a difference. I don't buy shoes to store or keep in a vault to look at. I wear them. These issues that the OGs had are non issues to me. If I wanted a improvement in materials or design I'd buy LeBrons, Kobes, KDs for that. I want the sneakers I had growing up. Not altered versions of them.

The dropped toe box will always be better than the banana shaped ones we've been getting for over a decade :x
Is the 1994 and 2001 one a banana now? The 1994 being superior to the chuck taylor toebox 88's is a pretty popular opinion. TBH, I'd take a tab swapped 2001 TB3 with the extra blue paint over the 88's.

jordan-III-true-blue-2001-1.jpg

air-jordan-3-iii-retro-1994-white-cement-grey-1-570x426.jpg

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom