Nike Air Jordan VI White/Red 23rd Anniversary Edition (Jan/Feb 2014)

What I've learned about NT, the majority of the people always complaining and comparing retros to OG's, don't and/or have never even owned a pair of OG's. Come RD, they'll still be sitting in front of the computer whether they'd like to admit it or not. GG!
true indeed man none of these shoes are going to amount to there OGs so if its pink or red or whateva who cares if they hot then cop if not then dont...other than jb knowing how to make extra bread off us, what difference does the color red on the shoe make anyway?

Last edited:
What I've learned about NT, the majority of the people always complaining and comparing retros to OG's, don't and/or have never even owned a pair of OG's. Come RD, they'll still be sitting in front of the computer whether they'd like to admit it or not. GG!
I'll be going for the infrared23 6s instead. I'm not into predominantly white shoes that much.

:lol: at the eggshell white JB do with the leather, the laces stand out more than the actually upper color

Man, want those too.. Hoping to grab both. Should be an eventful day..
eyes.gif
defiantly an eventful day in a crazy month.  All this month is crazy with the releases!!!

Yall must have some masculinity issues if youre not getting jt because its pink. Oh well, more pairs for me
it's not even pink lol. This is a blessing I'm glad people think it's pink. Easier cop, in theory. Why do they care so much about this thread if it's pink to them? Move along kiddies. ain't nothing to see here. Chances are they will cop down the road for a $225 if they showing this much interest lol
mean.gif

All I want to know is if the leather is soft like the 2010 varsity red or super hard like the 2012 olympics.

agreed man all the retros are never going to be or look just like there ogs, all these different reds is getting OC (outta control)  varsity red looked the best IMO but i would wear any of em, i still call them the white or black 6s

My thoughts exactly. Varsity reds are the best. By no means am I slamming the pink reference of the infrared. I am just stating when people say it is the og form, I am saying no it is not because I had and remember how the og's look. It wasn't that bright pink/red color. I have my fair share of pink shoes from foams, infrared 3lab5's and just phone ordered the thermal foams for......$79 shipped. So my issue isn't the pink....just educating that it isn't the exact og infrared

But isn't that the point of a retro? To release a shoe in it's original form.  Otherwise, it would make it, what should be considered a retro+ colorway.

I've never been a fan of the original version or this one but these pictures that have released look odd.  Almost like the pics have been altered because it seems like the infrared is glowing; very vibrant.

ALL THESE PAGES… AND PPL ARE STILL COMPLAINING AT EACH OTHER LOL!

"I HATE EM THEYRE PINK NOT BUYING" FOLLOWED BY "GOOD MORE FOR ME, BUT IF YOU DONT LIKE EM I HATE YOU AND YOU'RE ANNOYING GET OUT" … GOOD OL NIKETALK

PATIENTLY WAITING FOR 1 SINGLE PAIR… 8)

My thoughts exactly. Varsity reds are the best. By no means am I slamming the pink reference of the infrared. I am just stating when people say it is the og form, I am saying no it is not because I had and remember how the og's look. It wasn't that bright pink/red color. I have my fair share of pink shoes from foams, infrared 3lab5's and just phone ordered the thermal foams for......$79 shipped. So my issue isn't the pink....just educating that it isn't the exact og infrared
Gotta disagree, I also had both og's growing up and from my recollection they were neon red, some would even say pink. When i wore the whites in particular, it felt like it would glow in the dark, as to how vibrant the infrared streaks were. And from the leaked pics, videos and from reading around, they say it's the same color they used on the recent infrared 3lab5's, which I own. If it truly is like that, it's an easy yes for me.
It's one thing to prefer the varsity red color Jordan brand uses on it's models but since this is a retro of the og infrared model, not sure why folks are surprised about the shade being so bright. I feel most just have the recent memory of the latest retros on their mind, which looked nothing like the actual model they intended to retrofit. Thus JB changing the hue of the infrared yet again, to please the 2010 complaints of the consumer.
No retro will ever truly replicate an og. That's a given but some will be closer to it than the others. That's why JB labeled these as "Infrared 23".
Edit: Forgot to add some pics I found online, as the date nears...
View media item 790005View media item 790006View media item 790007

Last edited:
i agree..  People have no idea what is good anymore.. For me the only 2 releases this month im going for will be these infared 6's and the powder blue 10's
Lol I'm only worried about one release all year, black infrareds, if I could get these, I'll roll with it, if not $170 saved. Liking them 10s though, good luck with those, hope you don't need it.

I think older heads will be cool with the infrared on this release. Some never had the chance to see the OG's and is more familiar with the varsity red 6's released, thus the reason some are calling the hue pink.
yup im cool with this release. I had the OGs and i pretty much knew they werent going to duplicate that or the true red. but these are cool

will the all star pack day before being dropped make these or all the reds easier to cop?

Back
Top Bottom