NIKE AIR MAG 2015

at 1m pairs sold at $500 would be half a billion dollars towards PD. but I can only imagine the amount of complaints and issues they would have with the autolacing feature/led's even if they put a disclaimer that there was no warranty with the purchase of the shoe. 

Last edited:

at 1m pairs sold at $500 would be half a billion dollars towards PD. but I can only imagine the amount of complaints and issues they would have with the autolacing feature/led's even if they put a disclaimer that there was no warranty with the purchase of the shoe. 
Bingo

Nike employees had a raffle for 1 pair...............1 damn pair, SMDH. I guess the chances were alot better than the general raffle, but still. And it was only 1 entry allowed per employee.

While I am salty, Im sure this is not the last we have seen of the Nike Mag. Once they streamline the manufacturing process, and stop trying to keep them a secret, they will produce more, and in different colorways.

Didnt Tinker say there were entries were in the MILLIONS? Assuming he means actual entries, even at 1M entries thats at least 10M generated in one year for charity. I think they did what they intended.

If hyperadapts actually retail for $1000, Im thinking making MAGS in mass production is not feasible

Last edited:
ya Nike definitely could of made more money and that would be a better donation... but imo they made less this time because of the power lacing which is why they didnt even have a full size run... they made like only 4 sizes which shows these were not easy to make... but trust me i wish this was made like the quantity of the holiday jordan 11s so everyone can cop including myself

I WOULD BELIEVE THAT EXCEPT THAT THOSE HYPERADAPTS WILL PROB HAVE MORE PAIRS AVAILABLE AND MORE SIZES SO IF THEY CAN DO IT FOR THAT SHOE, I DON'T SEE WHY THEY CAN'T FOR THE MAGS.

Im betting there will be more drawings in the following years, no way they spent 10 years engineering this shoe only to make 100 of them and call it quits.

That's why we will have the HyperAdapts.

I believe they've even stated they've used the technology from the adapts and incorporated it into the Mags

ya Nike definitely could of made more money and that would be a better donation... but imo they made less this time because of the power lacing which is why they didnt even have a full size run... they made like only 4 sizes which shows these were not easy to make... but trust me i wish this was made like the quantity of the holiday jordan 11s so everyone can cop including myself

I WOULD BELIEVE THAT EXCEPT THAT THOSE HYPERADAPTS WILL PROB HAVE MORE PAIRS AVAILABLE AND MORE SIZES SO IF THEY CAN DO IT FOR THAT SHOE, I DON'T SEE WHY THEY CAN'T FOR THE MAGS.
From he sound of it they had trouble fitting the mechanics into the mags. With the adapts they're starting fresh and can design around the necessary parts. Not sayin that's the sole reason, but it's not a clear cut comparison.

Yeah the MAGS arent even fully automated or fully sensing like in the movie. I can definitely see them putting more time & effort into an actual shoe that people a with PD or other physical disabilities can actually benefit from & wear on a daily basis, instead of focusing on movie memorabilia at this point

Yeah the MAGS arent even fully automated or fully sensing like in the movie. I can definitely see them putting more time & effort into an actual shoe that people a with PD or other physical disabilities can actually benefit from & wear on a daily basis, instead of focusing on movie memorabilia at this point
I'll wait it out for the 50 year anniversary and they will drop another mag

:lol: yeah lets wait for the next iteration

...Tinker & Tiffany & Mark will be like screw Nike & sneakers by that point. Theyll be sitting pretty on a beach island drawing retirement, divided, & royalty checks. The newcomers that take over wont care about BTTF. :\

THE ONLY THING THAT IRKS ME IS HOW MUCH MORE MONEY THEY PROB COULD OF MADE FOR THE CHARITY. HOW MANY, LIKE ME, DIDN'T ENTER CUZ THE CHANCES WERE SO LOW? IF THEY MADE 1500 PAIRS, THE SAME AS THE 2011, OR MORE (PREFERRABLY 5,000). I PROB WOULD OF DONATED $3K OR MORE ON TICKETS BECAUSE THERE IS A HIGH CHANCE WITH THAT MANY TICKETS, I WOULD OF SCORED A PAIR. I'M SURE OTHERS WOULD OF DROPPED A BIT MORE THAN THEY DID THIS TIME AS WELL. MORE MONEY FOR THE CHARITY. I PERSONALLY DON'T BELIEVE MORE PAIRS WOULD OF CAUSED LESS DONATIONS.
Yeah man I don't understand. If Nike REALY wanted to help out charity while making a little profit for themselves, they could have made 1,000,000 of these things and priced them at $500 and they would have sold out instantly. 

*edit* Sorry I just saw Memphis's post and quoted him. After posting I scrolled up and read the thread backwards and see that a ton of people mentioned the same exact thing I did even down to the price and quantity made lmfao.

Last edited:

You do know the mags in the movie weren't motor driven right? The laces were pulled down manually :lol:

Got me thinking of this. Gotta love the 80's :lol: View media item 2202957

Last edited:
You do know the mags in the movie weren't motor driven right? The laces were pulled down manually
laugh.gif
Yeah someone was underneath this foot right? 

DAMNNNNN THE SALTYESSS NEWS I EVER HEARD FOR 2016... THE KID WHO WON AIR MAGS WITH ONE TICKET AND A WINNING EMAIL NOTIFICATION, JUST CHECKED IN WITH NIKE THAT HE ACTUALLY DIDNT WIN A PAIR.. YOOOOOOOOO IM DEAD

Nike could makr a million pairs at 500$ per and sell every 1 of them
Do you know how many pairs of 2011 Mags broke ? i swear i've seen more than 20 with broken LEDs. Now imagine 20k+ pairs in the market.

imo i think this is why they wont make so many. they probably wont even release many Hyper adapt

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom