NIKE AIR MAX 95 NEON DECEMBER 31st

Status
Not open for further replies.
How do i find out if mine are OG 95 i bought them in 2004 and they came in a long skinny box. I paid almost $280 for them on ebay. I know you guys say they released in 95 and 2005. Did they rlease in between those 10 years?

yep like the other guys said, date on the tag is the first thing you check. barring that, you look for the psi markings on the bubbles. as a sidebar, the og griffeys also had psi markings on the bubbles as well.

I can confirm that the og box is a grey/black/green one with airmax written on it with big letters, im sure yall know the one.

half orange and brown box suggests its into the 00's time range. nike has released the 95's about a dozen times since 1995, more than any other shoe if im not mistaken.

I hope this latest og release is a trend and they get better quality from now on, but well have to see.

yep like the other guys said, date on the tag is the first thing you check. barring that, you look for the psi markings on the bubbles. as a sidebar, the og griffeys also had psi markings on the bubbles as well.

I can confirm that the og box is a grey/black/green one with airmax written on it with big letters, im sure yall know the one.

half orange and brown box suggests its into the 00's time range. nike has released the 95's about a dozen times since 1995, more than any other shoe if im not mistaken.

I hope this latest og release is a trend and they get better quality from now on, but well have to see.
They look like ogs.

tag starts with 03, so that means 2003 usually.

id wear those at least a couple times a month if you want them to stay wearable for longer btw.

tag starts with 03, so that means 2003 usually.

id wear those at least a couple times a month if you want them to stay wearable for longer btw.
 How much longer will they really last if i wear them more often? i usually wear them 3-4 times a year so i keep them fresh, and only on nice days. I was thinking of getting this last release and wear those out first before this pair. Since iwanted to keep the older one "more fresh". would you guys wear these ones out first then move on to the newer one? One of the reason i also wanted to keep this pair i have now in good shape because this pair was my first ebay purchase to the start of shoe my sneaker craze in mid 2003. I guess the show is nostalgic to me...lol

i had a pair of ogs and they were worn and i decided to use them on a treadmill. big mistake the sole gradually came apart.

How much longer will they really last if i wear them more often? i usually wear them 3-4 times a year so i keep them fresh, and only on nice days. I was thinking of getting this last release and wear those out first before this pair. Since iwanted to keep the older one "more fresh". would you guys wear these ones out first then move on to the newer one? One of the reason i also wanted to keep this pair i have now in good shape because this pair was my first ebay purchase to the start of shoe my sneaker craze in mid 2003. I guess the show is nostalgic to me...lol

because the midsole is polyurethane it will eventually crumble. when that will happen I cant tell you for certian. it varies with how often you wear them, how hard you wear them, how you store them, etc etc, lots of variables. I would wear them once a month at minimum, even if its just around the house for a few hours. thats your best bet for keeping them wearable as long as possible.

I suggest you enjoy the heck out of the older pair within the next few years tho, cause there already a decade old now, and then putting them on the shelf to admire when age overtakes them.

no harm in getting the newest pair tho, from what ive seen its the best quality release in years, but it prolly wont even be as good as your 03 model.

Why would you want to scoop up a newer release if you won't even wear the one that's going to be 8 years old this year? I can somewhat understand having a trophy pair that never gets worn, but if I were going that route I'd want the original from 1995.

Still happy to have my HOA pair still DS but I wish I wouldve scooped a pair of the newest release

I just realized last week that my HOA 1's were almost 8 years old.I was thinking 4-5 years tops til I looked at the tag. Funny how time flies.

Seeing all these posts about how great the (Retro) '95 OG's are, I think I'll have to search out a pair. Cuz the DS 2010's I have fur sure suck.

Finally grabbed a pair.  Kicks Deals posted something earlier.  I was out and a bit pre-occupied otherwise I would've posted the info.  Wound up coming up to $135 and change.  Can't wait, definitely will be in my summer rotation.

my pair arrived from End today. pretty quick turn around (ordered last weds). i am VERY pleased with how these turned out. here's something this thread is seriously lacking tho, some quick shots i snapped tonight.

View media item 229115View media item 229116View media item 229124View media item 229120View media item 229121

Just got my pair off a reputable seller on eBay. Paid 150 which included priority shipping. Thanks jay kicks, your pics are what made me pull the trigger! Always wanted a pair, and missed the the link when these hit NDC. I love em, I may try and post pics later.

Why would you want to scoop up a newer release if you won't even wear the one that's going to be 8 years old this year? I can somewhat understand having a trophy pair that never gets worn, but if I were going that route I'd want the original from 1995.

I never thought of having the OG as my trophy pair. I wanted to grab another pair so I don't trash up my older pair. I have about half a dozen other 95's and the 2 newer ones are crap. The fit the shape and materials are just way better on this release. I've tried them on already and walked in them in the store. Lol. As per not wearing them more often at one point I had 200 pairs of sneakers and no doubles for about 6 years. Went back home and gave over 60 pairs to friends and family in the Philippines. I have time to rock them more now. [emoji]128539[/emoji]

I never thought of having the OG as my trophy pair. I wanted to grab another pair so I don't trash up my older pair. I have about half a dozen other 95's and the 2 newer ones are crap. The fit the shape and materials are just way better on this release. I've tried them on already and walked in them in the store. Lol. As per not wearing them more often at one point I had 200 pairs of sneakers and no doubles for about 6 years. Went back home and gave over 60 pairs to friends and family in the Philippines. I have time to rock them more now. [emoji]128539[/emoji]

reasonable response it just seemed weird to me the way you worded it. I killed my HOA pair in under a year and was pretty mad that they didn't last longer.

How many heads here have the EM 95's? Or even thought about copping them? Anyone try them on yet?

I actually got the EM pair before the OG, the em pair is super comfy, which seems to be the case with all of the em versions released so far. They look a bit different than the regular since there's so much mesh, but if you can get past that you might enjoy them. I did and now I like how the em version is a new interpretation of classics.

Surprised no one posted these were available @ the Johnson Creek outlet in WI. Only have a size 14 in the 95's now...

shouldnt have passed on these 
sick.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom