Nike Air Max Plus Thread

Weird I think these fit bigger than my 2013’s. They’re exactly the same but the 2013 had more padding inside the shoe and tongue is padded a little more making the 2013 more snug.
Do you still have your 2013s? If so compare them. There is not more padding, there is no padding in the 2018 Bro. True much more foam in the 2013 tongue, there is a sliver in the 2018.

But I’m still keeping my pair.

Last edited:
There is an excel spreadsheet somewhere on a Nike computer that calculates the savings yield against the sales when you remove material, and standardise materials across other models. Somebody gets a nice bonus at year end, and we end up with a pair of Nike Air Jerusalem (sandals). Nike are not the only ones doing it.

I agree sizing up is the only way to avoid this. Hopefully. Or remove the insoles and wear them without them.

Basically they stripped down this shoe drastically.

or insole swap for a thinner :wink: (it works fine for me, and I was the first to say that she was tight out of the box in TTS between the third vein and the beginning of the tongue), remove insole is not a solution imo, too uncomfortable (for me it's not an option, even if without the insole we have a lot of room)

drastically, yes it's your opinion, personally I would be more measured, but I join you... in hands they aren't perfect it's certain, but on feet they are nice (imo the OG shark spirit is there)

after the interior volume of the shoe must not have change a lot because determined in the factory by the volume of the shoe tree, or else he no longer uses the same shoe tree (as we all know the interior volume is determined by the shoe tree, and after it decreases again depending on the thickness of the insole)

Last edited:
or insole swap for a thinner :wink: (it works fine for me, and I was the first to say that she was tight out of the box in TTS between the third vein and the beginning of the tongue), remove insole is not a solution imo, too uncomfortable (for me it's not an option, even if without the insole we have a lot of room)

drastically, yes it's your opinion, personally I would be more measured, but I join you... in hands they aren't perfect it's certain, but on feet they are nice (imo the OG shark spirit is there)

after the interior volume of the shoe must not have change a lot because determined in the factory by the volume of the shoe tree, or else he no longer uses the same shoe tree (as we all know the interior volume is determined by the shoe tree, and after it decreases again depending on the thickness of the insole)
You are right

If Nike really wanted to make these "OG" we would have gotten the "performance running" insoles. I remember the original insoles, at least from this one pair I had from 1999, were extremely solid and really supported your feet.

I have a few Air Max Pluses from 2006 that still have the better insoles (albeit not as solid and durable), going to switch out the existing flat rubber insoles from the 2018 and replace.

For those who feel these aren't as comfortable, switching insoles may help, if you have any from older Air Max Pluses.

I already removed the arch support and put them in my Air Max 98s. 20181201_141636.jpg

greedy (nike pics...)
behind-the-design-air-max-plus-tn-se-greedy.jpg

behind-the-design-air-max-plus-tn-se-greedy2.jpg

behind-the-design-air-max-plus-tn-se-greedy3.jpg

(Edit: more i see them, more i don't like... OG are so lot better, but it must something for all tastes... and honestly if you own the OG's, buying these shoes is really not necessary imo)

Last edited:
you're right about this, error on their part. Gonna wait for a better coupon cause they're only offering 15% off and only 2.5% cash back.

Where as Champs is having 20% off with 3% cash back, but they don't seem to have sizes 3.5-7 listed the same as FTL does.
Ftl has code, December, that’s 20% off now.

Europe never gets reductions on air max models this quick its crazy but it’s easy to see why when the Air Max line is probably the biggest market in Europe would love to grab the tigers with 20% off already instead of full price

Back
Top Bottom