Nike Air Max Plus Thread

Be careful if wearing. Those used a soft PU midsole and don't hold up well over time. Nike really needs to retro the TW 5.5 so I can cannabilize a pair to make my OGs wearable again :lol:

Always loved this shoe. In a lot of circles they were actually referred to as the TN3, due to their similarity to the AMP and fact they came out before the actual AMP3s.

I've still got a really nice pair of FNL exclusives from around 02 hiding somewhere. Triple black with gloss black accents and clear soles. There was a TW4 FNL exclusive in the same colorway but I can't find any trace of either online. I beleive the OG triple black Deluxes were part of this pack as well.

Back in the day, Nikes return policy allowed for anything "defective" to be returned within two years of the manufacturing date om the tongue. They were very lax with it and people were able to beat up their shoes, pop the air bubble and send them back to Nike. Nike would then send you a random pair in your size of equal value. Nike caught on to the fact that people were abusing this system and has since tightened up their inspection process :lol:
Anything I can do the make the polyurethane gain some strength? Was planning on wearing, will be happy if I can wear 10 times or so. I assume gel insoles would help. I’m in such a struggle as a young head who loves all the Alpha project model era shoes... never owned any of them and I fear many will never retro

As far as I know, there's nothing you can do to reinforce degrading PU. Gel insoles may be a good idea to soften the strike before it hits the midsole, but I'd imagine it only does so much.
A good test is to press your thumb nail into a few inconspicuous areas on the midsole and check the density. If it leaves a mark, I wouldn't trust wearing them. If there's no mark, you could be good to go for a while. I've had some astonishingly old shoes that maintained wearability long beyond what someone would expect. The Air Bubbles on your pair look extremely clear for the age, which is good sign in your favor.

Btw , what's the production date/color code on the tag?

As far as I know, there's nothing you can do to reinforce degrading PU. Gel insoles may be a good idea to soften the strike before it hits the midsole, but I'd imagine it only does so much.
A good test is to press your thumb nail into a few inconspicuous areas on the midsole and check the density. If it leaves a mark, I wouldn't trust wearing them. If there's no mark, you could be good to go for a while. I've had some astonishingly old shoes that maintained wearability long beyond what someone would expect. The Air Bubbles on your pair look extremely clear for the age, which is good sign in your favor.

Btw , what's the production date/color code on the tag?
Thanks for the tips my G, I was shocked the air bubbles were clear too, except the front. No production date until in hand, but I do know it’s classified as an Tailwind 5 + B COLOR CODE 609092-001

Don't know if these have a nickname but they are personally one of my favorite AMP colorways ever. Saw them in the Champs doc about the air max plus. I hope they see a return soon along with the lightenings.

Screen Shot 2018-12-03 at 9.22.06 AM.png

Tigers came in from End right before I was leaving for work this morning, so beautiful :nthat:
Can't wait to wear em, on to the Purps. Can't wait for more pics to leak.

I went TTS as well and length wise they feel fine, they're just a bit snug in the forefoot area. Especially on the inside around where the first thick vein(pause) starts by the laces. It was bothering the ball of my foot on the side and top, but a little bit of the pressure went away as I continued wearing the HBs. The upper is kinda stiff (pause) but it will soften up with break-in time, so I can see if you have WIDE feet you want to go up half a size.

Don't know if these have a nickname but they are personally one of my favorite AMP colorways ever. Saw them in the Champs doc about the air max plus. I hope they see a return soon along with the lightenings.

Screen Shot 2018-12-03 at 9.22.06 AM.png

I believe these are also an OG colorway, ceramic blues might be their nickname

he was talking about those
OG colorway also...they were in the choices for the vote of the air max day vote 2016, the one who had the AM1 elephant winning
nike-air-max-plus-1998.jpg

Greedys on end

i peeped end and saw nothing. but maybe you meant SnS?

https://www.sneakersnstuff.com/en/product/35247/nike-air-max-plus

edit: AirMatt91 AirMatt91 i apologize, guess theyre on end as well.
GrizzlyAnimal GrizzlyAnimal weird, clicking that link must direct me to a US portal, which does not have them on the page.

either way, i dont plan on getting them. but i will say, and maybe its the hype, but theyre growing on me. i was initially disappointed with them. the 95s set a pretty high bar and i, as prob did many, feel that the greedy amp tn couldve been executed in a similar fashion to show more creativity and balance. but we are dealing with nike, so we get what we get, and dont get upset.

Last edited:
i peeped end and saw nothing. but maybe you meant SnS?

https://www.sneakersnstuff.com/en/product/35247/nike-air-max-plus

edit: AirMatt91 AirMatt91 i apologize, guess theyre on end as well.
GrizzlyAnimal GrizzlyAnimal weird, clicking that link must direct me to a US portal, which does not have them on the page.

either way, i dont plan on getting them. but i will say, and maybe its the hype, but theyre growing on me. i was initially disappointed with them. the 95s set a pretty high bar and i, as prob did many, feel that the greedy amp tn couldve been executed in a similar fashion to show more creativity and balance. but we are dealing with nike, so we get what we get, and dont get upset.
It’s currently only available as a raffle on end
Code:
https://launches.endclothing.com/product/nike-air-max-plus-og-av7021-001

greedy named OG??? wtf ^^

it's not because they are orange & blue and with tuned laces that they are OG... imo they aren't OG and doesn't deserve this term/name

Last edited:
the FTL website is so trash, been trying to cop Tigers since the 20% code a few days ago. Tried using my laptop and phone, even went thru the ebates app and nada. :smh: :angry:

^ Is the issue that the coupon wont apply. If so, are you Paying via PayPal? Ftl, Eastbay, Etc. Can't handle coupons via PayPal so they charge the whole amount initially then refund the rest.

^ Is the issue that the coupon wont apply. If so, are you Paying via PayPal? Ftl, Eastbay, Etc. Can't handle coupons via PayPal so they charge the whole amount initially then refund the rest.
no, it keeps saying error occurred when I hit the "submit order" button. I tried using my debit card and PayPal but I couldn't check out once and for all. :smh:

My blue and white plus/97s came in yesterday... put them on to see how comfy they were and I’m highly disappointed... considering these to be air max... haven’t had a pair of air max since the 2011s and those were fire... why are these so hard on the feet???

My blue and white plus/97s came in yesterday... put them on to see how comfy they were and I’m highly disappointed... considering these to be air max... haven’t had a pair of air max since the 2011s and those were fire... why are these so hard on the feet???
97 upper and Plus Sole? Have the same color way and it’s my most comfy airmax, love them

Back
Top Bottom