Nike Air Pegasus ALL NEW MODELS 30, 31, 32 and up

After a month of use I can honestly say the turbos are not a “step up” from the Pegasus but more are the lunar epic 2.0. The bounce and ride are near identical

Last edited:
After a month of use I can honestly say the turbos are not a “step up” from the turbo but more air the lunar epic. The bounce and ride are near identical

Bruh...........what did you even mean to say? "the turbos are not a step up from the turbo?" "More air the lunar epic?"
Wtf?!
giphy.gif

I expected the Turbo to be a faster Pegasus (more responsive)as its name suggests, but that shoe is all about plushness. IMO, the Turbo is a premium or a step above the Epic React.

The rumors suggested that the Turbo had Zoom X with a Forefoot Zoom Bag AND a CF plate! Lol
I think the react combo just didn’t give the push back they were expecting. Shoe is great for long relaxing runs but nothing turbo about it. I also highly reccomend against treadmill use. The bounce you get from the shoe and treadmill imo is a lot. Very good road shoe though. The concrete is your CF plate lol

I think the react combo just didn’t give the push back they were expecting. Shoe is great for long relaxing runs but nothing turbo about it. I also highly reccomend against treadmill use. The bounce you get from the shoe and treadmill imo is a lot. Very good road shoe though. The concrete is your CF plate lol

I'm feeling like the odd man out here :smile: I wasn't a fan of the 35 after the honeymoon period ended with the shoe and quickly switched it over to cross training duty only ( probably second to last in terms of my least favorite shoes this cycle in front of the Vomero). Perhaps it's because I'm a forefoot striker, but I'll take two separated, but taller zoom bags vs. the full length. But I loved almost everything about the turbo. My speculation is that the react foam was added to firm up the shoe a little and maybe even some cost savings? Totally speculating about the later since I've got zero insight into manufacturing costs for the two foams. But regarding the former, this is why I'm not the biggest fan of using the shoe on the track but love the turbo on the roads for everything from easy runs to 5:30 tempos (though I'll admit I like using the 4% way more for tempo training runs!). At slower paces it's nice as soft but it really firms up nicely at faster tempos.

Anyone else have issues with the zoom popping in their 35s? Both of my shoes did this week after only 6 mos of casual wear and walking the dog. Happened within a couple of minutes of each other. Crazy.
How can you tell? Or is it obvious?

I initially thought the same about the Turbo, it was soft and didn't think that it fit into any sort of category for me. But after coming back to it recently, I have done all of my running in it. From easy days to faster tempos down to 10k pace type workouts. Really enjoy it for longer and harder efforts especially because my feet don't feel beat up after 10 + miles of hard running. It handles 5:00min pace just as well as 6:30. Somehow flipped from not liking them that much to all of a sudden considering running a half in them. Opting for Vaporflys tomorrow but I think the turbos would hold their own in a half/full race if need be.

7741AB40-0EF1-41F7-B30B-7E5A63814518.jpeg
Let me say that I’m not by any means saying the turbo is a bad shoe. Just not the shoe I thought it would be and def not as versatile is the regular Pegasus imo. They’re my situational outdoor running only shoe. With that said I’m a minimalist to the core and any extra stuff if just too much for me sometimes. I do a lot of running in my boxing trainers lol. Just did 6 miles today.

Last edited:
Anyone else notice how Mo Farah's running shoes have the heel cut lower?
mooo.PNG
Yeah, if you look at most all of his training shoes over the past few years you'll notice this. Started out with him just cutting the backs of his shoes but then Nike started modifying the shoes for him. I know Nike claimed that the reason they flared out the back of the 35, turbo, Vomero, whatnot, was to help with rubbing on your Achilles, but you and I both know aesthetics probably played a huge (bigger?) role in that as well. Which is fine with me because I've never had Achilles issues and I really like the way it looks.

Still pissed no men’s white pair of turbos or CNY’s stateside...see tons of fakes of the white ones on sketchy sites though

Yeah, if you look at most all of his training shoes over the past few years you'll notice this. Started out with him just cutting the backs of his shoes but then Nike started modifying the shoes for him. I know Nike claimed that the reason they flared out the back of the 35, turbo, Vomero, whatnot, was to help with rubbing on your Achilles, but you and I both know aesthetics probably played a huge (bigger?) role in that as well. Which is fine with me because I've never had Achilles issues and I really like the way it looks.
The Peg 34 definitely irritated my achillies. The 35 is a lot better. I'm sure the looks is an added bonus for Nike (I like it as well), but it was to the point that I couldn't even walk around in my 34's without my achilles *****ing. That's the only shoe I had that problem with. Probably the two nubs or points on either side that were irritating my ankle.

Back
Top Bottom