I'm having a lot of fun mocking up Peg Trail 2 / 3 Hybrids :emoji_smile:

Free Flynit NM X Pegasus Trail 3 - Black Volt.jpg

Flyknit Chukka X Pegasus Trail 2 - Burgundy.jpg

Flyknit Chukka X Pegasus Trail 2 - Crimson.jpg

Flyknit Traner X Pegasus Trail 2 - Blue Glow Volt.png

Flyknit Trainer X Pegasus Trail 2 - Flintstone.jpg

Flyknit Lunar 1 X Pegasus Trail 2 - Volt.jpg

Zoom Elite 8 X Pegasus Trail 2 - Lactic Acid.jpg

Peg Turbos arrived today. Wearing them in today and taking for a ride in 2 days. I’ll post up my thoughts then. God I hope better than the ZF5 🙄. So far they seem really comfortable, unsure about the fly knit though as I haven’t had a great experience with flyknit shoes in the past, always found flyknit to be not sturdy enough. POSSIBLY should have gone down a size too, but I’ll see.

I took the Peg Turbo NN for a second run today and put them through a mix of paces today to see how they handle as an all around shoe.

The run was two easy miles (7:20/mile) followed by a moderate mile (6:55) and then two at marathon pace (6:30/mile). The Peg Turbo NN was able to handle all the paces well.

For me, I think they work best for easy and moderate runs as well as progressive runs working down to marathon pace or slightly faster. If I was going for a long tempo trying to dial in marathon pace say for 10 miles, I would probably prefer the tempo next, Streakfly, or a race shoe like the AF or VF Next.

These are a solid shoe and will be a big part of my rotation.

I took the Peg Turbo NN for a second run today and put them through a mix of paces today to see how they handle as an all around shoe.

The run was two easy miles (7:20/mile) followed by a moderate mile (6:55) and then two at marathon pace (6:30/mile). The Peg Turbo NN was able to handle all the paces well.

For me, I think they work best for easy and moderate runs as well as progressive runs working down to marathon pace or slightly faster. If I was going for a long tempo trying to dial in marathon pace say for 10 miles, I would probably prefer the tempo next, Streakfly, or a race shoe like the AF or VF Next.

These are a solid shoe and will be a big part of my rotation.

Thoughts on sizing?

Is there a marked difference in the cushioning from the OG Turbo sole versus the Natured version?

Got my Pegasus Turbo Next Natures in on Wednesday and have taken them out on two runs and also used them as a casual shoe in between. Some thoughts for those who care:

This shoe is basically a 'stylish' daily trainer. When I press my fingers on the midsole, it felt really soft but when you run in it you don't feel it. I land on my forefoot/midfoot but if you land on your heel I think the ZoomX would be much more felt. It's okay and it feels more like a Pegasus than the previous Peg Turbos. I've found that there's a range where the Pegasus feels good and the Next Natures are like that - it feels best within a range and okay outside of that (either faster or slower).

Pick it up if you want a versatile shoe that can do okay within the range above slow recovery runs and below tempo runs. If you're looking for an easy day recovery shoe this isn't it and if you're looking for a good tempo/fartlek day shoe I think you'll be disappointed.

Got my Pegasus Turbo Next Natures in on Wednesday and have taken them out on two runs and also used them as a casual shoe in between. Some thoughts for those who care:

This shoe is basically a 'stylish' daily trainer. When I press my fingers on the midsole, it felt really soft but when you run in it you don't feel it. I land on my forefoot/midfoot but if you land on your heel I think the ZoomX would be much more felt. It's okay and it feels more like a Pegasus than the previous Peg Turbos. I've found that there's a range where the Pegasus feels good and the Next Natures are like that - it feels best within a range and okay outside of that (either faster or slower).

Pick it up if you want a versatile shoe that can do okay within the range above slow recovery runs and below tempo runs. If you're looking for an easy day recovery shoe this isn't it and if you're looking for a good tempo/fartlek day shoe I think you'll be disappointed.
Took the words out of my mouth, exactly as I had placed it in my mind. Between tempo and easy. Foam feels super soft on touch but minimal on a run, I’m also a forefoot/midfoot runner, taken Turbo Natures on two runs a 10km and a 12km. I will say though I did really enjoy running in them in that range, it felt good however I am also someone who doeen’t enjoy the crazy soft foams like Invincibles, so it probably works well for my liking. If you buy them for that level of speed it’s a nice run. First run for me was kinda meh, really gotta wear them in, I had to walk around in them and break them in longer than shoes without the glue between the foam.

A couple of new pick ups.
C8C6CCB1-155A-4768-8262-FB85282D02F9.jpeg

I took the Peg Turbo Next Nature out for a run this morning and I really enjoyed them. They have a bit of a firmer feel but were responsive while not feeling too harsh.
Those volt/mint Tempos are real nice. I may have to keep my eyes open for those sometime.

Late to the Pegasus 39 party but here’s a quick review in case it’s helpful for anyone.

First of all, this was the second straight Nike running model where I’ve had to send back my initial pair (first was a midsole on the first run of Streakflys that arrived torn)… there was something wrong with the insole of the right shoe that irritated the medial side of my foot. I tried adjusting it but it just wasn’t working. My second pair seems to be better, hopefully these two experiences are outliers and not the start of a troubling new trend.

Overall I feel like the 39 is a bit of a cross between the 36 and the 38. The upper takes cues from the flywire and lacing of the 39 and even seems to borrow from the silhouette a bit. The midsole also seems to have been inspired by the 39 with the rear Zoom Air returning along with what feels to me like a slightly lower stack height (but I could be wrong). The outsole overall feels similar to the 36 as well.

That being said, on foot and in use, the shoe feels more similar to the 38 than the 36 overall. It just doesn’t quite have the same airy feel of the upper and midsole that the 36 had. The 36 upper felt more seamless and lightweight, whereas the 39 feels a little more layered and more plush, especially in the tongue and around the ankle. And while the 38 now has both forefoot and heel Zoom Air, it doesn’t have the continuous feel that of the 36’s full-length unit.

This isn’t meant to be criticism — I have been happy with the 39 so far and expect it to be on par with or slightly better than the 37 and 38. I would imagine folks who typically enjoy the Pegasus line will like the these. Thumbs up from me overall so far, even if I wish there was just a bit more 36 in the DNA!

Back
Top Bottom