Nike Air Raid?

Man, i almost hate to admit I had Cross Colours that coordinated with my Maroon VIs.

word that was a whole diff era lol cross colours, karl kani, MFG,used, wicked. embarrassed to say i actually wore those :smh:
Bet you had the snap back with the chrome bill too, right? :lol:

That was a dope era for kicks, clothes, and music.... Don't be ashamed brah.

Y'all killing me in here.[emoji]128514[/emoji][emoji]128175[/emoji]I'm blessed to be born in 83[emoji]128591[/emoji] I was born and raised into this Nike Life.

Man, these Raids take me back.
It's interesting how when these originally dropped Reebok was on top of its game, & basically blanketed the outdoor hoops market.
Any of you old cats remember the (Malcolm) X hats/necklaces trend that gave birth to this Air Raid shoe design?
I do.
Like it was yesterday.
:nerd:

The Reebok "Battleground" releases were killing it back then.

Lol. Cross colours are making a comeback. It's wack compared to what it used to be.

Truth be told, it was always wack. I'll defend a lot of stuff from my youth, but Cross Colours was not a good look.

Thats actually not a bad price.

If only they came correct on the colors and materials. Something looks off on them or maybe its just the lighting?

The toe box material looks ghastly.

Last edited:
Damn these take me back :smokin

Might pass. But I remember copping the navy, yellow, and white joints from the outlets for $40 back in the day. Had 2 pairs :lol: :smokin

the midsole on my other pair is mad yellowed so i def wouldn't mind a fresh new pair to play in.. even if the gray is a little darker

price jumped to $125? thats a pretty big markup from the last release. still willing to pay but probably wont double up

Quote:
Who remembers tar max? By converse
laugh.gif
wink.gif

Actually according to Tinker, the Air Raid had been in design well before the Spike Lee movie and all the X merchandise came out. The inspiration behind the X straps was simply to strap the wearer in to prevent injury. The Malcom X craze perfectly coincided with the shoes release and certainly helped with their popularity, but it's a common misconception that the trend influenced the design of the shoe. Pure coincidence.

Wow i just noticed on this 2014 version you can barely see the nike air on the tongue and worse you cant even see the words air raid on the velcro part. Its so dark it looks like its blacked out lol

These have been out here in Charleston for almost two weeks now in FNL. Just happened to stumble upon this thread.

Not feeling the darker grey though. My previous retro ones are still fresh...

Welp, passing on the 2014 retro. Will look to cop one of the older retros. Hopefully the Urban Jungle joints are still releasing.

Need to see these in person, been excited about it since I knew they were dropping. If the color is right, I will definitely be using a FTL VIP certifcate on 'em.

Welp, passing on the 2014 retro. Will look to cop one of the older retros. Hopefully the Urban Jungle joints are still releasing.

They're on FA and eastbay release calendars for 3/29 so I think we're good to go on them. I'm glad my black and grey are still good cuz I'm not liking the 2014

Last edited:
135? What? Nike trippin

They want you to pay that for a very bad version with fruit roll up straps?

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom