Nike Air Tech, Information?

Ive read a couple old performance reviews and saw that alot of people had written about there shoes that contained tuned air, can Someone explain to me what tuned air is, and what shoes That are available that have them in it.

Tuned Air was created by an employee of Venator (parent company of Footlocker/Champs/Eastbay) which is why they were the only ones who carried those products initially.  It was basically Air Max with hemispheres arranged in various configurations intended to enhance the cushioning set-up depending on the category (running/linear, basketball/lateral, and crosstraining/hybrid).  I owned the running and basketball shoes and they were comfortable, although I don't remember a noticable difference from Air Max.  As far as I know, there are retro shoes still being sold but I don't think there have been any new Tuned Air shoes in about ten years.

eastbay-memory-lane-running-98.jpg

Good looks CWK. The Air Max Plus were some of the dopest Nikes ever IMO; the gradient effect and the TPU ribs are so slick.

I remember back in like 06 when I worked at Footlocker this european lady came in and saw we had a unique colorway of these and she offered to buy out our entire stock so she could bring them home to europe and sell them
laugh.gif
Then when I went to europe a couple years ago I still saw them all over the place.

Back
Top Bottom