Nike Air Trainer Huarache - OG colorway returns! 2011

If u in north jersey, footaction in jersey gardens mall has em and champs in willowbrook mall does also

Saw these last week and the suede threw me off. Now i never had the OG's but if i recall, the 2001's had a nubuck toebox right? I could care less about the strap size, but the suede just threw me off, didn't have that same "cool grey" look the 2001s had. Again I could be imagining things here, but idk....

edit: found charmcitykid's old listing

ka677q.jpg

vs

I think i'll hold off on the 2011 trainer's, unless I find them for under retail.
frown.gif

Great comparison pics, but at 100.00 per pair is it worth the risk of not finding your size for under retail?

Originally Posted by daaznfella

Saw these last week and the suede threw me off. Now i never had the OG's but if i recall, the 2001's had a nubuck toebox right? I could care less about the strap size, but the suede just threw me off, didn't have that same "cool grey" look the 2001s had. Again I could be imagining things here, but idk....

ka677q.jpg

vs

I think i'll hold off on the 2011 trainer's, unless I find them for under retail.
frown.gif

Ya, the gray is not the same but to me, its no biggy.

Plus eastbay had em for under retail with the coupon. $80 shipped and no tax, good enough for me..haha

ka677q.jpg

vs

frown.gif

honestly, these '11a do somewhat pale in comparison to those '01s i recently sold. ONLY reason i sold em is because they were a 9.5 and i need a 10 for it to fit comfy. otherwise there's no way i'da ever sold em. in fact, had these not been re-releasing, i'da just dealt with it.

Originally Posted by CharmCityKid

vs

frown.gif

honestly, these '11a do somewhat pale in comparison to those '01s i recently sold. ONLY reason i sold em is because they were a 9.5 and i need a 10 for it to fit comfy. otherwise there's no way i'da ever sold em. in fact, had these not been re-releasing, i'da just dealt with it.

yeah i remember having the 2001s and they were great, my first pair of huarache's. and they felt so nice too, i had to sell, as they were also .5 size smaller, and the guy i sold them too was jumping out of his socks to get em from me
to you guys getting the shoes for $80, kudos, i woulda done the same.....now i need to find myself a champs sports coupon some where...contemplating also if i want to get my girl a pair while they're sitll around

Originally Posted by balloonoboy

Really? One roll of the ankle and he woulda been dunzo.

yep. idk what he was thinking playin ball in those...then again he wore D&Gs in a game before so im not surprised
laugh.gif

How are those any different than a low top KOBE VI? Both seem to have minimal ankle support. I guess it all lies on how you wrap your ankle.
--------------------
This is all a part of Nike's brandishing and brainwashing. We got so used to the 2001 synthetic suede and nubuck that when REAL soft stuff 95% similar to the originals come out, people want what they were used to. I kind of fear what would happen if a air trainer 1 chlorophyll released with real suede and leather. The past 3 releases have been synthetics.

It's weird though, the other 2011 colorways specically the black.grey.blue accented shoe seems to have the 2001 era synthetic materials all over the upper. It seems like they really went out of their way to try and get it right this time.

Does it really matter? Arenas is done anyways..hahah..Rolling his ankles is the least of his worries. Its his bum knee is the problem..hahah

Originally Posted by WallyHopp

How are those any different than a low top KOBE VI? Both seem to have minimal ankle support. I guess it all lies on how you wrap your ankle.
--------------------
This is all a part of Nike's brandishing and brainwashing. We got so used to the 2001 synthetic suede and nubuck that when REAL soft stuff 95% similar to the originals come out, people want what they were used to. I kind of fear what would happen if a air trainer 1 chlorophyll released with real suede and leather. The past 3 releases have been synthetics.

It's weird though, the other 2011 colorways specically the black.grey.blue accented shoe seems to have the 2001 era synthetic materials all over the upper. It seems like they really went out of their way to try and get it right this time.

So Wally, you tellin me that the 2011 mimics the OG in materials/color better then the 2001? I didn't dig too deep in this thread (stopped when people talked about getting these for $80) would you mind reupping/bumping a picture if you have one?
But I guess I'm guilty of appreciating the 2001 pair, as I was in my teens when they came out, and remember finding them at the outlets for a really good price. I can totally see what you're talking about when you reference classic trainers + proper color blocking, but you gotta admint, material aside, the dark grey looks good with the black!

my head is going to explode with this release....arghhhhhh
ohwell.gif

Thanks to the footlocker $20 off $99 n up coupon 'EMEBV39N' I just copped my 2nd pair which seemed to be the last 14 they had. Thanks NT!

--------------------

So Wally, you tellin me that the 2011 mimics the OG in materials/color better then the 2001? I didn't dig too deep in this thread (stopped when people talked about getting these for $80) would you mind reupping/bumping a picture if you have one?
But I guess I'm guilty of appreciating the 2001 pair, as I was in my teens when they came out, and remember finding them at the outlets for a really good price. I can totally see what you're talking about when you reference classic trainers + proper color blocking, but you gotta admint, material aside, the dark grey looks good with the black!

ohwell.gif

Naw, they really didn't. They just used suede instead of nubuck, which is closer to the OG, but still off in terms of texture and color. It's not like they used high quality materials, thus the wavy toe.

--------------------

ohwell.gif
TO answer your question, Yes and No.
I mentioned a couple pages back with a photo of the trainer max 91 og colorway that Nike really leaves us all in a tough position. The grey toebox on these seems to be a really thin material. It may mimic the OG in appearance just slightly, but the waviness and ultimate texture seems to be that it's a very thin "soft" material with no foundation under it. The original texture seems to be a thicker soft material. So Nike likely cut some corners in getting soft material but not of the right thickness, leaving many shoes with that wavy toebox. The structure triax retro comes to mind as well.A shoe just sitting there should not look like that.

SO you have a sure fire success with the 2001 way of building a shoe. It's just smooth and sleek all around. I feel Nike tried but ultimately failed with this one as they couldn't go all the way with getting it right.. And right in their vault they have a 2001 model that was PERFECT in it's own right.

Maybe it's all one big technicality. They had something that was different but perfect. They had basically created an OG colorway 2.0 in 2001. Now they tried going back to the original but fell short. I have no true opinion on which one is better, but I can see how many can like the 2001 more.

Corgishoes has a good photo series of the OGs
http://corgishoe.wordpress.com/2011...92-air-trainer-huarache-blk-co-blk-wht-sz-12/
Even those seem to not be wavy. Just a straight solid SOLD foundation. I've always been one to say, don't fix what's not broke. And if you try to fix it, get it right 100% of the way. 85% is not good enough.

Review synopsis: 1 week wear Edition.

Wore them every day since they arrived last tuesday.

My thoughts thus far: Would love to have another pair.

Wore them to the gym thrice times, to a baby shower
and a co-rec football game last sat. They feel extremely
comfortable (let me place extra emphasis on the "extreme"
part because there aren't a pair of basketball sneakers-
from jordans, pennys, etc. that come close, feel-wise).

The ironic thing is my boy, who's an ex sneaker head who
plays in the co-rec league with me exclaimed, "man, those
are great for ballin'." Mind you, just a couple days later,
Mr. Agent Zero dons a pair against the Knickerbockers.

My only discrepancy is the magnitude of the wavy toebox.

It's like going on an international flight and realizing you
left your ipod at the crib.

Doh.

Originally Posted by dmxgod

Gonna cop these for the 50% off this weekend..saw these in my local Champs..happy as hell
pimp.gif

wait there is a 50% comin up??? when sat and sun??? or fri sat?

^footlocker/champs sports/eastbay/footaction all share the same stock....just an fyi

Yes i know, but I couldn't find a 25% off eastbay promo code because they had all expired last night, so I used footlockers coupon code/website. thanks tho

After all the fuss, cuss, details, debating over 19 year old v. 10 year old past released ones, people getting their feelings hurt and going way outta bounds...

Just enjoy the damn shoes folks.

You won't see them again for another 7 years minimum.

I'm not waiting that long... again...

Best thread on a trainer in a while.  Deserved.

The end.

laugh.gif

^fine you win, hahhaha

regardless, nikestore via twitter, said they haven't received the shoes yet, and they'll announce when they do....so for those who can't find their size, niketown.com will carry them, or so they say....

^fine you win, hahhaha

Oh na, nothing like that.

I was just trying to "Flavor Flav" these as much as possible, because I thought they deserved it.

Def. succeeded.  
laugh.gif

Back
Top Bottom