Nike Air Trainer Huarache - OG colorway returns! 2011

Originally Posted by CharmCityKid

besides, if we hit u err time we need somethin u gon be like, "man, these_____'s..."
laugh.gif
[Cole voice from Martin] "Used to be my homie... Now you act like you don't me..." 
laugh.gif

I feel what you saying -- and I know you got funds so you never tripping -- but anyone in my sig is FAM.  Period.  It's different.  Ain't no "hook up" at all.  NO work being done, besides a gmail/phone call to a manager.

Anywho, public thanks to "Bush Man 2002" for the 3rd pair.  1 more, than officially OD'ed.

d7535747efe5b32cf7f546b87b9d90554298f65.jpg

Thanks for the neatly modified box and pre doo-doo stained shoe Eastbay.

My right shoe has a plethora of defects (oddly shaped toebox, excess rubber hanging off the sole like foreskin, bent ankle collar,
glue stains, etc.) where my left shoe is perfect.

*does the splits with only shoes on*

Originally Posted by nanbeezy

Eastbay been tripping lately. They sent my last pair of shoes to a my old house. I haven't lived there in seven years.
roll.gif

Originally Posted by BinYe

Thanks for the neatly modified box and [color= rgb(255, 0, 0)]pre doo-doo stained shoe[/color] Eastbay.

My right shoe has a plethora of defects (oddly shaped toebox, excess rubber hanging off the sole like foreskin, bent ankle collar,

Yeah, that's clearly Eastbay's fault.

Peace,
   J

Originally Posted by jshortt

Yeah, that's clearly Eastbay's fault.

Peace,
   J

I'm just messing (pardon, it's hard to read sarcasm through text). Isn't even a big deal to me.

As for the box, I stapled the contraption and it holds together a o.k.

But yeah, i'm not one to bicker about quality, i just buy the shoes and call it a day... but this being
such a special sneaker to me, it's hard to be indifferent bout how they approached the craftmanship
of this shoe.

I was surprised they were manufactured in Indonesia... as i'd expect so much more from their Indo plant.

Are these worth doubling up?

This time around? I wouldn't invest in another.

I'm glad ppl aren't settling and saying something about Eastbay's poor service and comical errors.....its a shame.

Any where in the bronx that has these, looked around 3rd ave this past weekend and nothing...

put me in the pissed off at eastbay line

mangled box looking like a britney spears camel shot

shoes all bent up due to the lack of a functional box

i mean damn, the simple fact that yall get paid to answer questions on a shoe forum allows me to know that we feed yall quite well

shoes should be double boxed no matter what

i'm done with yall boys

Originally Posted by All Ready

i mean damn, the simple fact that yall get paid to answer questions on a shoe forum allows me to know that we feed yall quite well

i'm done with yall boys
It's like it came wrapped up in a Glad trash bag. Sorry for being so disrespectful, not a Glad trash bag, a generic trash bag. Freaking terrible. My left shoe looks like the eastbay warehouse employees practiced sliding into 2nd base with them, terribly creased. I'm going to snap some pictures and send them to the reps later on today.

Originally Posted by All Ready

i'm done with yall boys

Originally Posted by JorPun662

It's like it came wrapped up in a Glad trash bag. Sorry for being so disrespectful, not a Glad trash bag, a generic trash bag. Freaking terrible. My left shoe looks like the eastbay warehouse employees practiced sliding into 2nd base with them, terribly creased. I'm going to snap some pictures and send them to the reps later on today.
Ouch, that sounds terrible.
ohwell.gif
You're right, there isn't any excuse for it, especially when you receive damaged or defective merchandise as a result.  Even if that's how we received them from Nike, that's not suitable to send out to our customers.  Many apologies for this situation.

In cases like these where the shoes themselves have been damaged or are defective, we will cover the cost of return shipping and can refund the entire original order, including shipping costs.  Just PM us with your order info if you'd like us to set that up, guys.  I would offer to send out exchanges, but our sizes are basically all gone for this shoe, unfortunately. 
frown.gif

If you don't want to return the shoes, we still appreciate the photos.  I really hope we can get double boxing implemented as a standard feature (or at least an option) in the future.

EastbayRep - Ryan

Originally Posted by eyes of hazel

"ptngina,"

You got any bball huaraches in your garage?

Or running scream green huaraches?

nerd.gif

Please double check for da kid, pretty please! 
laugh.gif

Na I dont. Im looking for a pair or 2 of them Fab Five huaraches in OG color or any color.

EeastbayRep, ive been a customer for over 10 years and this plastic bag packing has to stop. I can understand if the plastic bag packing doent destroy the box but 70-80% of my orderd the past 10 years have been damaged 'cause of your packaging. Ive called eastbay, used twitter, complained here and nothing has been done unless its a Jordan shoe thats ordered. Sending you a PM with pictures is just a waste of time 'cause obviously eastbay dont care 'cause they still sending loyal customers shoes thats packed poorly. Ive bought 2 pack of socks and it came in a box. Seriously, socks gets a box but shoes dont... Lol

I'm glad ppl aren't settling and saying something about Eastbay's poor service and comical errors.....its a shame.

I'm not totally defending Eastbay but you all have to have noticed how incredibly shabby the boxes are Nike has rolled out the past few months, regular orange or brown NSW.  I'm not one to complain about petty stuff but these new boxes are GOD AWFUL 
30t6p3b.gif

On a side note, I think Eastbay should just offer the boxed option for around .50 to $1.00.  I know people are gonna rant and complain that "oh it should be free" and yadda yadda but let's be honest.  Doesn't matter how much you love or hate them, they're still a business and every business operates with revenue - expenses = profit.  I'm sure it's considerably cheaper for a couple hundred thousand plastic bags vs cardboard boxes so I'm not mad about that.  But if you really care about customer service, offer the boxed option for a buck so if the customer needs the shoe boxed they don't have to cross their fingers.

Originally Posted by d e beatup

I'm not totally defending Eastbay but you all have to have noticed how incredibly shabby the boxes are Nike has rolled out the past few months, regular orange or brown NSW.  I'm not one to complain about petty stuff but these new boxes are GOD AWFUL 
30t6p3b.gif

On a side note, I think Eastbay should just offer the boxed option for around .50 to $1.00.  I know people are gonna rant and complain that "oh it should be free" and yadda yadda but let's be honest.  Doesn't matter how much you love or hate them, they're still a business and every business operates with revenue - expenses = profit.  I'm sure it's considerably cheaper for a couple hundred thousand plastic bags vs cardboard boxes so I'm not mad about that.  But if you really care about customer service, offer the boxed option for a buck so if the customer needs the shoe boxed they don't have to cross their fingers.
I totally disagree with this, their revenue won't be hurt by sending out orders boxed, all the other sites do it, Eastbay has customer from all genre of shoes so you know they're making alot of sales. Why take a risk sending out products and the merchandise being damaged for .50 to $1.00. and then risk them being returned, when you can simply double box all your orders and only have defective from nike corp pairs sent back. Customers are taking their buisness to NDC just because of double boxing, makes no sense Jordan boxes get the special treatment and then Lebron 8 boxes don't, I personally don't care if the box is bent slightly, but mangled boxes torn and ripped makes no sense.

Got my pair from Eastbay today, initial thoughts:

Box came in good condition considering it wasn't double boxed

Glad I went up .5 size on these from 11 to 11.5, I knew from the old retros how tight these can be

The strap is definitely smaller than the previous retros

No wavy toe boxes on my pairs

Very satisfied with this shoe, it looks beautiful
pimp.gif

I just got mine today as well from Eastbay, and I'm whatever about the box. The shoes are in deadstock, and undamaged condition, so in that regards I have no complaints.

The one thing I have minor issues about is the overall feel of the shoe. I didn't own the 2001 retro's, but I did absolutely destroy my OG's back in 1992-93. Even though that was almost 18 years ago, from what I remember, they had to be one of the most comfortable shoes I ever owned. These 2011's feel narrow (and I don't have all that wide of feet) and just don't feel anything like the OGs. Even my retro Huarache Flights have the same light and snug feel as the originals, but these cross trainers don't. Now I know they are using different materials, and blah blah blah, but I guess I was just expecting the same, and I got something different. I seriously have been waiting for this day to come for such a long time, its sad to be disappointed. It reminds me of when I wanted NHL 94 for Christmas, and what I got was NHL Stanley Cup. At least I was able to exchange that game for what I really wanted.........

But in the end, I guess beggers can't be choosers, and I'll rock these to death as well. It will just take longer than a year like back in the day.......=)

I've got an idea for Eastbay to save the money that they can start spend on doubleboxing our shoes. STOP SENDING ME 20 CATALOGS A MONTH IN MY MAILBOX. I don't need em and any good releases or sales are gone by the time I get it anyways. Give us an option to opt out for receiving catalogs in our acct management thru Eastbay.com and offer me doubleboxing on all my shoe purchases instead. But I'm sure this won't happen...

I forgot which thread I was in but many have stated that you should order some cheap socks to go along with a shoe purchase. They will double box for that.. or two pairs of shoes.

It's kind of the opposite of other companies. I see nothing but flat envelopes for clothing. Yet eastbay finds socks to be box worthy.

I think its a problem with Nike boxes. I bought some brooks running shoes a couple years back that arrived in that cheap plastic packaging and they were fine. Maybe Eastbay needs to put in a policy to box all Nike products.

Boxes don't cost that much in bulk.  Stores -- i.e. UPS and Target for example -- really get over.

I got an industrial park in VA that makes me 100 boxes with a brand name on it for about .63 a box... And that's with a huge creep up in price (compared to last year or years before) due to costs worldwide going up.

Flipping the token (and anyone who has bought a shoe from me on this site can verify), I use the same bags Eastbay uses to ship.  Never had one complaint yet, so go figure.

Either way, they can really make a killing making a "double box" an option for a few bucks.  MOST people won't complain and will be glad the option is available, especially with these boxes Nike using now.

YO! ^ Boxes suck. I've been able to avoid them up to now. But all of these came in the "new" box.

Yo, will you have access to a sz. 12? I bought the last one down here & my homie want one on EA. DF!!!

Back
Top Bottom