Nike Air VaporMax

The Vapormax 3s are sturdier with the upper, IMO. The Vapormax 1s and 2s have a little more stretch, which I also like. So in terms of what kind of support I'd like, it's kind of hard for me to say. What I (along with the majority of us here) will say is that the original Vapormax 1 is still the best version of the Vapormax to date in terms of overall aesthetics. My favorite colorway is the Pure Platinum color; it goes with everything for me.

Leading into my specific staples, it was the Flyknit Trainer in the black/white colorway, but the comfort doesn't compare to the Vapormax in my opinion, so the time has come and those will be leaving the collection soon. The Vapormax 1 in the Pure Platinum color is currently at #1 of my all-time favorites list to the point that I have 3 pairs (including the one I'm wearing). Well... 4, but that one's gotten 300-350 miles of combined running mileage and walking mileage (70% to 30% ratio) and my socks are too thick for them since those are my true size. I have two black Vapormaxes that are still in boxes that I just have to get myself to break out. Other than those shoes, my current rotation that I feel will remain heavily in until they're ready to go are two of the Presto Reacts and the Air Max 270s.

It's hard to trim it down at the moment, but I'm looking to go from 30-something pairs to 20 and then even less at maybe 10-15 pairs: some "everyday" pairs, some "fancy" pairs, and the go-to workout shoes (indoor training, outdoor training, basketball, running, and outdoors/hiking).

I'm going through an extensive declutter process that'll take me some time, but ****... I just wanna be where I was back in the summer of 2017 in terms of having a calmer and peaceful mindset.

I appreciate your post man. We just got home from a weeks vacation from staying in a beach house on Lake Michigan. Living with the bare essentials. Coming home to boxes of shoes staring at me felt like a drag on my shoulders.

I legit got claustrophobic in my own office...the boxes were taking over. Even selling 12 pairs barely made a dent but it gave me some breathing room.

And don't forget these aren't dainty little size 9 boxes, they're gat dang size 14-15 boxes. It's like having hundreds of playstations stacked in my office.

I appreciate your post man. We just got home from a weeks vacation from staying in a beach house on Lake Michigan. Living with the bare essentials. Coming home to boxes of shoes staring at me felt like a drag on my shoulders.

I legit got claustrophobic in my own office...the boxes were taking over. Even selling 12 pairs barely made a dent but it gave me some breathing room.

And don't forget these aren't dainty little size 9 boxes, they're gat dang size 14-15 boxes. It's like having hundreds of playstations stacked in my office.

Yeah, it gets to you, because they become noise that you can't get away from unless you do something about it.

Anyone follow up? Looking to get the MC2 as well haven’t really seen any sales.
its been recommended TTS for a snug fit and half size up for wiggle room. I ordered half size up. I ordered the MC2 half size up based on recommendations from NT and Nike.

The Vapormax 3s are sturdier with the upper, IMO. The Vapormax 1s and 2s have a little more stretch, which I also like. So in terms of what kind of support I'd like, it's kind of hard for me to say. What I (along with the majority of us here) will say is that the original Vapormax 1 is still the best version of the Vapormax to date in terms of overall aesthetics. My favorite colorway is the Pure Platinum color; it goes with everything for me.

Leading into my specific staples, it was the Flyknit Trainer in the black/white colorway, but the comfort doesn't compare to the Vapormax in my opinion, so the time has come and those will be leaving the collection soon. The Vapormax 1 in the Pure Platinum color is currently at #1 of my all-time favorites list to the point that I have 3 pairs (including the one I'm wearing). Well... 4, but that one's gotten 300-350 miles of combined running mileage and walking mileage (70% to 30% ratio) and my socks are too thick for them since those are my true size. I have two black Vapormaxes that are still in boxes that I just have to get myself to break out. Other than those shoes, my current rotation that I feel will remain heavily in until they're ready to go are two of the Presto Reacts and the Air Max 270s.

It's hard to trim it down at the moment, but I'm looking to go from 30-something pairs to 20 and then even less at maybe 10-15 pairs: some "everyday" pairs, some "fancy" pairs, and the go-to workout shoes (indoor training, outdoor training, basketball, running, and outdoors/hiking).

I'm going through an extensive declutter process that'll take me some time, but ****... I just wanna be where I was back in the summer of 2017 in terms of having a calmer and peaceful mindset.

Thanks for your reply. I am also in your position and want to clean up the clutter...somewhat settle down lol.

Do you mind sharing a picture of the Vapormax used for running? Something about beat kicks appeal to me lol.

01702723-F757-4F29-A116-EE224077D504.png
BA3425F8-7F93-432D-948D-983D83C80936.jpeg
Not bad...

Thanks for your reply. I am also in your position and want to clean up the clutter...somewhat settle down lol.

Do you mind sharing a picture of the Vapormax used for running? Something about beat kicks appeal to me lol.

Ah it's definitely a good move! A lot of mental strength and researching to get yourself into it.

Here's a picture of them on my feet when I last ran in them:

40230591215_505739cb2f_b.jpg

36278456696_605d437b21_b.jpg

36278458336_7039d3f386_b.jpg

36186092161_edbb3982c0_b.jpg

A "new" color to me popped up on the Nike app last night. I was tempted to pick up a pair of Vapormax, love how comfortable they are.

Ah it's definitely a good move! A lot of mental strength and researching to get yourself into it.

Here's a picture of them on my feet when I last ran in them:

40230591215_505739cb2f_b.jpg

36278456696_605d437b21_b.jpg

36278458336_7039d3f386_b.jpg

36186092161_edbb3982c0_b.jpg

Those look awesome lol. Is the yellowing on the vapormax bubbles cleanable? Regardless, I think the use and wear on those look gnarly..somewhat comparable to a worn pair of raw denim.

In my experienced opinion, the yellowing on the soles of vapormaxes look turrible (Charles Barkley voice). I have the OG Nikelab Oreos and the soles are disgustingly yellowed from wear and the weather elements but they are my go-to pair of shoes. I also have the Triple White 1.0s that I do not wear as often due to this reason and I also have the Orca 2.0s that I wear sparingly.

To each their own

Houston clearance has a ton of the white with silver airbag 2019 version (nonflyknit) in a size 13 for $130 and an additional 30% off.

Houston clearance has a ton of the white with silver airbag 2019 version (nonflyknit) in a size 13 for $130 and an additional 30% off.

Nice. I’m drowning in shoes over here though. And I’m still dreaming about that white black 3.0. Heh. :wink::smh:

Loviing the 3.0
I think I'm liking it more than the previous 2 models.
That Knit is so nice on foot.
Think I might pup the All Blacks today. Hate Black shoes but for longevity and daily wear, the comfort is going to far exceed my dislike of TripleBlack sneakers.

Back
Top Bottom