Nike AM90 and AM1 Vintage pack

Im satisfied with the quality of the AM90. They're very comfortable. The vintage midsole is not that bad, its more of a light off white color and flows extremely well with the colorway of the shoe. 

I saw those PS Infrareds in store and thought about copping them for my rear view mirror.

I was impressed with the mesh and mudguard leather on these, so I had to grab them. Best materials we've seen on infras in a while. I had to make a few adjustments to suit me though:

I painted the midsole a slightly-off-of-stark white to better match the mesh, and painted the air bubble surround lip.

2003 retro on the left, "OG" retro on the right:

It's a much narrower shoe overall (compared to the '03s and '05 HOAs at least). A lot less ankle padding especially, but they're still comfortable enough.

"OG" retro front, '03 retro rear

And painting the lip helps, but it's still no substitute for that '03 bubble :x We'll never see that again, unfortunately.

Overall, this was a very nice retro. I hope the Laser Blues end up coming out with the same materials (and the blue outsole pieces).

Which stores are getting theseI have not been able to find a store yet? All GS that I'm finding...Someone throw me a bone..Thkz

Finally was able to try on the OG 95, gotta say They are WAYYYYYYYYYY better than every air max 95 that has retro'd since 2005. They may even be better than the 2005 and even the 2004. If Nike could make all the am 95's like this for now on my wallet is going to be hurting. Still have to track down a size 12

Tre you were absolutely spot on! Just got my 95's in and they are way better than the 2010's, these are hella comfy. Thanks fam.

I was impressed with the mesh and mudguard leather on these, so I had to grab them. Best materials we've seen on infras in a while. I had to make a few adjustments to suit me though:

I painted the midsole a slightly-off-of-stark white to better match the mesh, and painted the air bubble surround lip.

2003 retro on the left, "OG" retro on the right:

It's a much narrower shoe overall (compared to the '03s and '05 HOAs at least). A lot less ankle padding especially, but they're still comfortable enough.

"OG" retro front, '03 retro rear

And painting the lip helps, but it's still no substitute for that '03 bubble
sick.gif
We'll never see that again, unfortunately.

Overall, this was a very nice retro. I hope the Laser Blues end up coming out with the same materials (and the blue outsole pieces).
looks real good...what kind of paint did you use?

i got the air max 95 neon OG in my size but its a little tight. should i go up .5 for the 90?

^The consensus is that the 90's run .5 size big. I went TTS and mine fit good but I've got long toes.

I'm selling my 9 which is my true size for an 8.5 in the 90's

These run very narrow and long and I just can't do the 9 my foot moves around too much

The shoe shape itself doesn't come close to the old models as far as fit. I had the 02/03 UK Infrareds and the 05 and 10's which all ran small length wise but had room swoosh to swoosh

^The consensus is that the 90's run .5 size big. I went TTS and mine fit good but I've got long toes.
I'm selling my 9 which is my true size for an 8.5 in the 90's

These run very narrow and long and I just can't do the 9 my foot moves around too much

The shoe shape itself doesn't come close to the old models as far as fit. I had the 02/03 UK Infrareds and the 05 and 10's which all ran small length wise but had room swoosh to swoosh
Same dilemma here.  I bought a size 11 and 11.5, although in every other Air Max 90 I've gone with the 11.5 and have been fine (true size is 11).  My rule for Air Max has always been 1/2 size up from my true 11.  

With these, the 11 is a bit too snug for my liking.  The 11.5 is too roomy, as the shoe slips off my heel when I walk--this NEVER happened with other 90's.  Width wise, the 11.5s fit perfect, but they're mad long.  The 11s fit perfectly length wise, but are too tight "swoosh to swoosh".  I need a size 11.25.      

So now I don't know what to do.  I could take the insole out of the 11 and they'd probably work fine, but I'd be sacrificing comfort.  Or I could try to find some thicker insoles for the 11.5s.  Honestly, I'm close to selling them both and copping another pair of HOAs and 2010s.     

^ I'm gonna take the insole out on my 8.5 if they are tight at first bc these will loosen with wear plus the insole on these does nothing it's like a piece of paper

Yeah, I was thinking that once the 11 was broken in that they'd fit fine.  I just hate having to hope that they fit okay down the road--I want my **** to fit proper right out the box like every other 90 has.  

Agreed not sure why Nike overhauled the design that much in 2 yr window

It's like comparing a 16 oz soda to a 2 liter

Back
Top Bottom