Nike AM90 and AM1 Vintage pack

how did they fall apart

The last pic is my 2010 infrared. The first pair I had was a 2003 or 2004 version not sure. Those are the ones that fell apart. The tip of the shoe was so worn out around the sole tip. But then eventually the stiching on the toe box panel and overlay panel came undone. I don't have them anymore.

like i said above, the darker grey really sets this shoe off!! its like PUh POw
lol at "PUh POw"

I may pick up another pair of these before they disappear completely from ebay. I feel like I'd wear them out as often as I did my 2010 pair if I had extras.
oh I wear mine out in just over a year. I wear my infrareds about twice a week. But in the summer time 3-4 times a week. Lol. I got enough to last me for two years until the next re release. Seems to be the current cycle.

I plan on only bring the infrareds to a trip in ny in may. One week in NY ill prolly kill them with all that walking and the stench of being in them 12-15 hours a day. Lol.

oh I wear mine out in just over a year. I wear my infrareds about twice a week. But in the summer time 3-4 times a week. Lol. I got enough to last me for two years until the next re release. Seems to be the current cycle.

I plan on only bring the infrareds to a trip in ny in may. One week in NY ill prolly kill them with all that walking and the stench of being in them 12-15 hours a day. Lol.

Yeah I beat the hell out of the first pair of my 2010s, I have another pair deadstock that I haven't broken out yet, since the sole is still ok on my 2010 aside from a few hairline marks on the white paint. A few passes through the washing machine helps keep the upper looking nice though. With a second pair waiting in the wings I don't worry how the weather might shift and throw them on for the whole day when I wear them, back in 2010 I wore them about 6 days a week for 4 months. Now it's a bit less than that, and with the new release I've only worn them out twice, but with warmer weather about 4 weeks away from me it's time for them to start making more appearances.

i wore my 2010s to the gym everyday 5 days a week 2 hrs a day, after i lifted for an hour i would run 2-3 miles.

Wai
Yeah I beat the hell out of the first pair of my 2010s, I have another pair deadstock that I haven't broken out yet, since the sole is still ok on my 2010 aside from a few hairline marks on the white paint. A few passes through the washing machine helps keep the upper looking nice though. With a second pair waiting in the wings I don't worry how the weather might shift and throw them on for the whole day when I wear them, back in 2010 I wore them about 6 days a week for 4 months. Now it's a bit less than that, and with the new release I've only worn them out twice, but with warmer weather about 4 weeks away from me it's time for them to start making more appearances.

Wait so you actually throw your infrareds in the washing machine. Doesn't it get all f#%^*€ up in there? I usually just tooth brush my pairs a bit. And I only usually do the dark marks on the shoe. Does the insole fall apart? I just wear mine no matter how dirty it gets at the end of the life cycle then bust out a new pair. Lol

Wai
Wait so you actually throw your infrareds in the washing machine. Doesn't it get all f#%^*€ up in there? I usually just tooth brush my pairs a bit. And I only usually do the dark marks on the shoe. Does the insole fall apart? I just wear mine no matter how dirty it gets at the end of the life cycle then bust out a new pair. Lol

I take the insoles out, put them in a pillow case I keep around just for when shoes need a dunk and put them on a gentle cycle. When they're done from the wash I take them out stuff them with dish rags to keep the shape and let them dry off then the laces and insoles go back in.

AM 1 Red OG and AM 90 Infrared OG available at Sole Heaven, almost FSR of both.
Coupon code OGHEAVEN takes 30% off their price.
The final price ends up being right around retail for the 90's shipped, about $10 over retail for the 1's shipped.

Imm
I take the insoles out, put them in a pillow case I keep around just for when shoes need a dunk and put them on a gentle cycle. When they're done from the wash I take them out stuff them with dish rags to keep the shape and let them dry off then the laces and insoles go back in.
I'm going home now and I'm gonna try that out. So just the shoes in a pillowcase. Hmmm. Maybe I'll paint the midsole white again and see if a splatter technique will work I was thing of doing black splatter paints on the mid soles. We will see if I get lazy or not. Lol thanks for the info.

I have some 90s that I'd love to have clean again, but throwing them in the wash seems like it would be awfully tough on them. I throw chuck's in the wash, I mean they are cheap and don't have as many differs components and they come out fine. Interested to hear how others come out after doing his before I try.

the thing is to never put the shoes in the dryer and to put in towels or tissue to keep the proper shape so things don't dry with odd creases, if you've got a really old pair with the midsole starting to go, don't do it though.

**** it. They're beaters at this point anyway. I'm going to try it right now. I need to paint the mid soles again anyway, that is if I can get the mesh clean again. I tried tide to go sticks and that didn't help. I'm not out much if they get beat more. Wish me luck.

**** it. They're beaters at this point anyway. I'm going to try it right now. I need to paint the mid soles again anyway, that is if I can get the mesh clean again. I tried tide to go sticks and that didn't help. I'm not out much if they get beat more. Wish me luck.
use jason markk

How'd it turn out? I hear a lot of diff opinions on washer machines. I have a few am1s I need to whiten the mesh on. Supposedly, RIT is where it's at.

How'd it turn out? I hear a lot of diff opinions on washer machines. I have a few am1s I need to whiten the mesh on. Supposedly, RIT is where it's at.
The mesh didnt look super clean when i took them out last night, but I figured that I needed to let them dry before judging. Forgot to check this morning. I used some regular tide and added some oxy clean to the wash, I figured that would be my best shot. The leather & midsole looked like they cleaned up well. I'll report back after work. 

The mesh didn't really get clean. I may try again, but this time spread a paste of tide and oxyclean right on the mesh and let it sit for a few minutes. The rest of the shoe is clean.

You guys all sold me damnit.  I had also seen the eBay link that others had posted above and saw they had a size 14 for retail w/ free shipping.  I mulled over it, since I wasn't sure about the yellowing either, but reading seeing all the pics, and reading all the reviews and feedback on the quality of these - I was sold.  This is why I love niketalk. Also why my wife and my wallet hate niketalk, but whatever.  This is my first pair of AM90's ever, and it looks like I'll be ecstatic with em.  Since i just returned one of the 2 pairs of the Fire Red V's back to FNL, I figure I can take some of those funds back and get these and hopefully the royal blue 1's on Saturday.

Anybody know of any place that has the AM90s for retail? I found them on Ebay but everyone is shipping from Taiwan. 

Forgot to say that I finally got my pair, I wasn't home when USPS originally delivered but I picked them up a few days after. Absolutely love them :smokin

Forgot to say that I finally got my pair, I wasn't home when USPS originally delivered but I picked them up a few days after. Absolutely love them :smokin

I love this release so much! I wanted to cop some new balance but I just keep thinking about getting more pairs of the infrared. Enjoy them as much as i do, Lmao

Last edited:
I ordered a pair of the AM90 Infrared OG's a week or so ago from a seemingly legit seller on eBay (5,000+ feedback, 20 negative feedback - all having to do with orders that could not be fulfilled due to lack of stock).  They arrived today and everything looked totally fine (shapes, materials, logos, cuts, premium leather, colors, yellowing, mesh density, production dates, etc...) EXCEPT the outsole - there was no oxidation treatment on it - just a straight AM90 outsole.  I apologize if this has been covered before, but has anyone come across a pair like this?  Could it just be a factory flaw?  I'm almost certain they aren't fakes - there are just too many things right on them.  What do you guys think?

Check it out:

But everything else is on point:

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom