Nike AM90 and AM1 Vintage pack

I ordered a pair of the AM90 Infrared OG's a week or so ago from a seemingly legit seller on eBay (5,000+ feedback, 20 negative feedback - all having to do with orders that could not be fulfilled due to lack of stock).  They arrived today and everything looked totally fine (shapes, materials, logos, cuts, premium leather, colors, yellowing, mesh density, production dates, etc...) EXCEPT the outsole - there was no oxidation treatment on it - just a straight AM90 outsole.  I apologize if this has been covered before, but has anyone come across a pair like this?  Could it just be a factory flaw?  I'm almost certain they aren't fakes - there are just too many things right on them.  What do you guys think?

Check it out:

But everything else is on point:
lmfao id be happy if mine didnt come with oxidzation... maybe post your tag for people to see?

lmfao id be happy if mine didnt come with oxidzation... maybe post your tag for people to see?
what diffrence would it make if he posted his tag or not, the photos is up and people should feel free to comment. maybe the seller cleaned up before he shipped them out

I wouldn't care aesthetic wise about the oxidation, but it seems to indicate (to me at least) that something isn't quite right with the shoe.  Not that it's a fake necessarily, but maybe a B-Grade with a factory flaw?  Has anybody heard of someone getting a pair like this?  I'm really on the fence whether or not to return, but if they are in fact fakes, I want to at least post on his feedback and try to get my money back.

Were they shipped from Taiwan?  

If so, I'd guess that you got a grey market pair.  There's a reason that most Taiwan sellers have basically a FSR this long after they released, yet they're nowhere to be found from U.S. sellers/websites in such large quantities. 

Were they shipped from Taiwan?  

If so, I'd guess that you got a grey market pair.  There's a reason that most Taiwan sellers have basically a FSR this long after they released, yet they're nowhere to be found from U.S. sellers/websites in such large quantities. 
The eBay seller was super shady about that actually. I never buy Nike's from Taiwan/Hong Kong/China based sellers on eBay for the reason of legitimacy issues. This seller had his location listed as "USA Heartland," and had only 2 sizes available. When the shoes came though, the box had them showing they shipped from New Jersey from a company called "LSLS International Imports" and from a shipper with the name "Jin Sohn" the pictures were tagged, but there was actually no pic of the outsole - with everything looking legit on it I never even considered there could be an issue.
Thanks for your feedback - prolly just gonna keep these - they are fine except the sole. Just a little salty paying over retail for a grey market pair...

Final of year? Really? In March? You really shouldn't lie to yourself like that man, it's not good for your health. 

Final of year? Really? In March? You really shouldn't lie to yourself like that man, it's not good for your health. 
laugh.gif
nah for real tho as far as sneakers go, for several reasons, but I have many other things to purchase, such as suits, dress clothes, dress shoes, ties and my newest most expensive addiction buying watches/timepieces

End of march puts that release around my birthday. Perfect timing. Love that color way, and if they do these like the infrared a they'll be stupid comfortable.

For what its worth I did a chat on ndc with a rep this morning, I was looking of the OG infrared 90s. He said none were available at any niketowns, factory or clearance stores but the item is still "active" in the system so I should keep checking ndc for a restock.

^ Yep.  While I still think they look decent with the grey outsole, they shouldn't call them OG anything if they release like that.  I'd grab a pair if they were discounted some, but if not I'm good with the Lasers from awhile back.  Hell, you can find those for less than what these OGs will retail for if you look hard enough.  

anyone have a nike air hang tag i could have or i could buy for a few bucks?? i need a few of them for my pairs, min didnt come with it. pm me and thx!

kinda odd that yours didnt come with the hang tag. did you buy them from a retailer (ie finishline/nike/etc)?

So on the final release version, these fools at Nike included the black "Nike Air" on the heel, but kept the grey outsole.  OGs.  
laugh.gif
mean.gif

The grey outsole is only on the toe part, so it's not as bad. I'll still probably get it. Great looking shoe, especially if it's the same quality of the OG Infrared. 

I'd prefer the blue toe/sole but its still a dope cw that I need again. I wore my last lasers into the ground, so these are a must for me.

I'd prefer the blue toe/sole but its still a dope cw that I need again. I wore my last lasers into the ground, so these are a must for me.

Anyone know a place online to get the 90 infrareds for about retail? I slept on RD but they look real nice and need myself a pair for summer. I see some on ebay but not sure if the Taiwan ones are legit

Back
Top Bottom