Nike AM90 and AM1 Vintage pack

Certain shoes will bring the old heads like myself out of retirement. This vintage look did it. Everything is not for everyone. If you don't like the vintage look got grab some 2010's or paint them. The leather is so soft on these OG's though.

Same dilemma here.  I bought a size 11 and 11.5, although in every other Air Max 90 I've gone with the 11.5 and have been fine (true size is 11).  My rule for Air Max has always been 1/2 size up from my true 11.  

With these, the 11 is a bit too snug for my liking.  The 11.5 is too roomy, as the shoe slips off my heel when I walk--this NEVER happened with other 90's.  Width wise, the 11.5s fit perfect, but they're mad long.  The 11s fit perfectly length wise, but are too tight "swoosh to swoosh".  I need a size 11.25.      

So now I don't know what to do.  I could take the insole out of the 11 and they'd probably work fine, but I'd be sacrificing comfort.  Or I could try to find some thicker insoles for the 11.5s.  Honestly, I'm close to selling them both and copping another pair of HOAs and 2010s.     

THIS IS MY EXACT PROBLEM ASWELL ! lol
i think im gonna buy the 11.5 and put in an addition in sole

May have to either sell my 2010s or beat them into the ground if this is true.

I'm agreeing with this. I have the 2003. HOA. 2010 and now 3 pairs of "OG". The OG on foot is definitely better than the hoa and 2010. I found the front of the shoe a little wider as well on the OG. I got a wider feet than normal.

Createx acrylic. Thanks.
Angelus leather paint also works really well. I've painted a few pairs of shoes and it holds on the midsole very well. I reprinted my Nash AirMax 90 and it been holding for years now. No cracking and I'm 230 pounds.

If I may ask did you strip the current yellowish colour before painting them or did you just paint right over?

Did y
Createx acrylic. Thanks.
did youstrip the yellow colour before painting them. Or did you just paint right over? I've used angelus leather paint and always stripped the colour first then reprinted. I'm curious to know maybe I don't have to strip the colour off and save me lots of time. How do they hold up?

Last edited:
Have the midsoles always been yellow or are they supposed to look old?
They made it yellow for this release to make them look vintage/OG, because the OG 1990 ones would have yellowed by now. The real OG ones from 1990 and previous retros have white midsoles originally.

Angelus leather paint also works really well. I've painted a few pairs of shoes and it holds on the midsole very well. I reprinted my Nash AirMax 90 and it been holding for years now. No cracking and I'm 230 pounds.

If I may ask did you strip the current yellowish colour before painting them or did you just paint right over?
Yes, Angelus works well but it has a very glossy finish. That looks fine on AM87s, but most other midsoles need a more matte finish to look original. You can add a bunch of duller and help some, but I just prefer Createx because it can be used as-is (save for color mixing, etc.). But yes, Angelus holds up fine for midsole use if you want to use it.

The yellow doesn't strip off of these 90s. As far as I can tell, the midsole polyurethane is actually that color (which makes sense, as the raw foam is close to this color when the white paint is stripped off of lots of AMs). I did give them a wipe with acetone to remove any slick finish layer on top, and to make sure the paint adhered as well as it could.

Kinda paranoid about getting these now, lol.  Got some eBay bucks to use so hopefully this auction I'm hawking the hell out of ends at a good price.

Anyone with the 95OG Neons how are they comfort wise? Because I wore my 08 pair today and to say they felt like **** would be an understatement, total cardboard feeling. Nike should be ashamed.:smh:

Never mind just saw in the 95 thread that they were comft.

Last edited:
Just got my infrareds in today and damn they are buttery. I dont mind the yellowing that much, but the quality imo is quite nice on the rest of the shoe.

Sorry for going OT, but this seems to be the main thread for all the "OG"s. Anybody picked up the 97's? Quality, comfort, sizing?

Last edited:
Yes, Angelus works well but it has a very glossy finish. That looks fine on AM87s, but most other midsoles need a more matte finish to look original. You can add a bunch of duller and help some, but I just prefer Createx because it can be used as-is (save for color mixing, etc.). But yes, Angelus holds up fine for midsole use if you want to use it.

The yellow doesn't strip off of these 90s. As far as I can tell, the midsole polyurethane is actually that color (which makes sense, as the raw foam is close to this color when the white paint is stripped off of lots of AMs). I did give them a wipe with acetone to remove any slick finish layer on top, and to make sure the paint adhered as well as it could.
I've painted a few pairs but never even dawned on me that the midsole finish with angelus is shiny but you are correct. I've got to look into that createx stuff and try it out.

I've painted a few pairs of 90"s including a pair of Nash 90s (beaters) and the midsole hasn't cracked since release day. I painted them right away. Worn them over 600 times! Hopefully createx stuff hold the same way. Thanks for the info.

100 shipped? I tried to check out and it said 110
correct 110.00 shipped my apologies..have a few sizes left and shipping all orders out today. Definitely make sure to use the code so I can track all nt members and include those purchasers for future discounts

correct 110.00 shipped my apologies..have a few sizes left and shipping all orders out today. Definitely make sure to use the code so I can track all nt members and include those purchasers for future discounts

Picked these up as a second pair.

I got your email. Look forward to it...

Thanks

Back
Top Bottom