Nike Atlantic Penny 2s

web.jpg

Originally Posted by AbstraKt

eciaccord wrote:

kickzrock wrote:

In Orlando here we are getting no love! I thought Penny used to play here?

Exactly! I have been to so many shoe retailers and nothing! Orlando should have been the first place to drop.

He grew up here and was a college standout @ the college I am currently attending. These bama's haven't even heard of the sneaker.

which is exactly why nike knows better than to release them there in anything other than limited quantities (if that).
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by CharmCityKid

Originally Posted by AbstraKt

eciaccord wrote:

kickzrock wrote:

In Orlando here we are getting no love! I thought Penny used to play here?

Exactly! I have been to so many shoe retailers and nothing! Orlando should have been the first place to drop.
He grew up here and was a college standout @ the college I am currently attending. These bama's haven't even heard of the sneaker.

which is exactly why nike knows better than to release them there in anything other than limited quantities (if that).
laugh.gif

I live in Orlando, they drop here at one shop(that I don't deal with anymore) the released very limited down here, so if you didn't cop from that oneshop, which sells everything way before release date you probably out of luck, I just ordered from the internet like I do for all limited releases, Orlandogets no love for sneakers, same thing with the 1/2 cents and foams happened earlier this year, guess thats what happens in this market.

But you know what, it's not about where any of these signature sneaker players have touched down... it's all about the market. Penny or Jordan oranyone could have played in Wyoming for all of their careers but the market would still be in the same places.

Originally Posted by asilva23

congrats to all who copped. finally found my sz. 13's for $200 including shipping, ouch! had to do it cuz we've been waitin on these for a while and it was the last colorway i needed.

still got the sz. 11's.

ouch for reals. wow.

I copped the whites and blue/blacks... but if retailers/resellers are going to rape me
with such prices... i'd pass like Leinart.

And to dude who said penny's for griffeys... i feel you on that one.

Bouta rock my volts to the gym later tonight.

Holla atcha boytoy.

u guys really cry about 200 shipped.
when u think about it... the shoes cost 145 + shipping + 4% paypal + sales tax.... so sellers arent even making a killing.

Originally Posted by bigj505

when u think about it... the shoes cost 145 + shipping + 4% paypal + sales tax.... so sellers arent even making a killing.

Then what's the point in even reselling? Might as well leave it in the stores for people who really want the shoe.

145 plus tax... comes to a little over 155 for me if i went the retail route.

I would have saved roughly 45 bucks if a freakin' sleazy, greedy reseller wasn't in the way.

But the logic doesn't sit well with a lot of people... damn internets.

Good thing i have a definite pair of the Trainer SCs coming in before the selfish little resellers
get their hands on 'em.

And if you're like me, early 80's babies, you were around when the penny's were in stores and you could easily
walk in to footlocker/athletes foot and cop a pair for weeks/months to come.

I recall buying the spacejams at the mall... zero hassle (mind you, they only allowed one pair, but still)

Now, i HIGHLY doubt i'll get the spacejams at all (without them bastid resellers gettin' to them first).

But i have a real job and don't need to spoil true shoeheads days by harnessing an entire stock of shoes, posting
them up on ebay so i can supplement my income.

SMH.

Originally Posted by BinYe

Then what's the point in even reselling? Might as well leave it in the stores for people who really want the shoe.
I would have saved roughly 45 bucks if a freakin' sleazy, greedy reseller wasn't in the way.
Good thing i have a definite pair of the Trainer SCs coming in before the selfish little resellers
get their hands on 'em.
And if you're like me, early 80's babies, you were around when the penny's were in stores and you could easily
I recall buying the spacejams at the mall... zero hassle (mind you, they only allowed one pair, but still)
Now, i HIGHLY doubt i'll get the spacejams at all (without them bastid resellers gettin' to them first).
But i have a real job and don't need to spoil true shoeheads days by harnessing an entire stock of shoes, posting
SMH.
reselling is just part of the game. we all dont like it when it doesnt benefit us but LOVE it when we making $$$$.... i just use inflation to payinflation.
perfect example: i copped the tan yeezys for like 260 and sold for 575... took my profits and paid a reseller 350 for the HoH pearls. it is what it is.

all u gotta do is
1. pay attention to these threads on here cause dudes drop knowledge on where the shoes are or offer to pick up for other niketalkers for a small fee
2. make friends on here with dudes in ur size. then they can use their hookups to benefit u. i know a few dudes across the country because of niketalk and weall look out for each other when we can.
pimp.gif

Originally Posted by BinYe

get their hands on 'em.
SMH.
reselling is just part of the game. we all dont like it when it doesnt benefit us but LOVE it when we making $$$$.... i just use inflation to pay inflation.
perfect example: i copped the tan yeezys for like 260 and sold for 575... took my profits and paid a reseller 350 for the HoH pearls. it is what it is.

all u gotta do is
1. pay attention to these threads on here cause dudes drop knowledge on where the shoes are or offer to pick up for other niketalkers for a small fee
2. make friends on here with dudes in ur size. then they can use their hookups to benefit u. i know a few dudes across the country because of niketalk and we all look out for each other when we can.
pimp.gif

nobody cryn here willis, i paid $200 with a smile cuz i really wanted them. i said ouch cuz i paid $40 less a week before for the same shoe.

i'll break even or come close to it when i post the sz 11's in the buy/sell forum. and i'm gonna keep you in mind the next time i want a shoe soyou can get it for me at retail.

nobody cryn here willis, i paid $200 with a smile cuz i really wanted them. i said ouch cuz i paid $40 less a week before for the same shoe.
i'll break even or come close to it when i post the sz 11's in the buy/sell forum. and i'm gonna keep you in mind the next time i want a shoe so you can get it for me at retail.
chilllllllll
i wasnt saying u were crying. im talking about the other dudes that replied to u paying ur price. i respect that u went for what u wanted and i was defendingur price u paid.
wink.gif

reselling is just part of the game. we all dont like it when it doesnt benefit us but LOVE it when we making $$$$.... i just use inflation to pay inflation.

all u gotta do is
2. make friends on here with dudes in ur size. then they can use their hookups to benefit u. i know a few dudes across the country because of niketalk and we all look out for each other when we can.
pimp.gif
i agree. i look at it like this resellers are a gift and a curse. a gift in that say if an item only releases overseas, you'll probly endingup saving more by copping from the reseller than going through the hassle of going out the country and chasing the shoe. so the reseller allows you to cop ashoe you otherwise couldn't get. and they're a curse because most of them hurt your pockets. i guess it depends on how much you want a shoe.

also good advice about working with others on this site. yall are very helpful. since i've joined i've learned a lot.

Im not factoring in the overseas cats who get foreign exclusives or guys that buy a pair or two
while they were at HOH's and flippin it.

I'm referring to dudes who cop TRUNK full of shoes (pardon me if i failed to mention that, but to me...
a reseller constitutes mass redistribution of sought-after kicks and marking them up 20-50%).

As you can see, i'm slightly bitter, i really wanted the CDP 11/12 pack and waited since the summer
to get my hands on them. No where could i locate them for under 350 and that's severely frustrating
(i understand the concept of supply/demand, but resellers make it type difficult to even snatch a pack
without bending over backwards and leaping fenches to attain said item - when you have work and a
family to take care of... being online 24/7 just isn't a feasible option).

*sighs*

I'm tryna be good peeps with all the folks here; young, old, past collectors and new Stu's... it's all love.

But i think most of y'all can concur with me when i say...

"It was ****** up of nike to make the Atlantic Penny's quickstrike releases."

I love my penny's so much, i literally scrub them after each and every wear... even if it's just to the grocery store
or brief run to the post office.

I'd treat the atlantics no different...

Stay up y'all... enjoy your shoes.

i'll break even or come close to it when i post the sz 11's in the buy/sell forum. and i'm gonna keep you in mind the next time i want a shoe so you can get it for me at retail.
chilllllllll
i wasnt saying u were crying. im talking about the other dudes that replied to u paying ur price. i respect that u went for what u wanted and i was defending ur price u paid.
wink.gif

all good my man, no disrespect intended. too bad we're not the same sz.

Back
Top Bottom