Nike Basketball and "AIR"

Can any of you show any studies that prove that Nike Air of any kind, is a better cushioning system than any other brand puts out?

Any scientific proof at all, or is it simply hype?

here we go again...what do you have against nike?

i like air and max air for their impact absorption and zoom air for its responsiveness. i like the styles adidas puts out, but their cushioning systems feeldead right out of the box. i have my gripes about nike, but their cushioning systems are not among the complaints.

Originally Posted by mt3130

i like air and max air for their impact absorption and zoom air for its responsiveness. i like the styles adidas puts out, but their cushioning systems feel dead right out of the box. i have my gripes about nike, but their cushioning systems are not among the complaints.
So what you are saying is that it has never been scientifically proven, to be any better than what anyone else is doing, right?

i dont know if its been scientifically proven, i have no affiliation with nike. all i know is that i have worn them and they have always satisfactorilycushioned me.

adidas shoes give me shin splints. then i read that formotion was "scientifically proven" to prevent shin splints, yet i still got them after onlytwo uses of the ts creator.

reeboks and converse just feel like junk, so i wont let myself leave the store with them.

Originally Posted by Dark Chocolate

i like air and max air for their impact absorption and zoom air for its responsiveness. i like the styles adidas puts out, but their cushioning systems feel dead right out of the box. i have my gripes about nike, but their cushioning systems are not among the complaints.
So what you are saying is that it has never been scientifically proven, to be any better than what anyone else is doing, right?
And scientifically speaking..no other cushioning systems are better then what nike is doing likewise. Soo..

What the hell is your point? You definitely have an agenda outside of having a conversation about nike air..so out with it.

i with you, i dont know if the tech as been scientifically proven but i know when it comes to me put on the shoe and being satisified with the productcushioning wise, it meets my wishes. For almost 2 decades i have been pleased, yes the quality isnt what is used to be like, but there are still some shoesthat they put out that meet my demands (coming with a person that has knee problems).

flubber.jpg

Really ? haha come on my dude what are you trying to prove here im no Nike expert Scientificly speaking but ill tell you this ive been asked to test alot ofsneakers and Adidas are absolutely terrible IMO not as bad as cons or reebok but preety bad , it just seems like they try to make new tech to one up Nike butit never works .

I always end up buying 2 or 3 pairs of adidas basketball sneakers every year and they end up sitting in my closet cause there so uncomfortable and performbadly on court . The only pair of adidas i ever thought felt good on feet and performed well was the Adidas 1 and thats only because it was made for it toadapt to players needs ...

HYPERDUNKS OVER ANY ADIDAS BASKETBALL SNEAKER ANY DAY !

an interesting fact.... adiprene plus was developed in response to zoom air. traditional eva/foam midsoles break down over time and lose their cushioning/shockabsorption. nike air bags/zoom etc don't break down over time unless popped, so your cushioning will always be there.

Is there any scientific proof that McDonald's tastes better then Burger King? No, because it's all personal preference. People have different opinionson what they like and dislike. Some people like Air, some people like Bricks "Bounce", it'spersonal preference.

i didnt say they were junk. i said they feel like junk. im actually quite fond of alot of reeboks offerings this year.

i like the answer 13s and the kamikaze 2k10s. im not a fan of the disgusting pump omni retros in those ridiculous kool-aid colors though. oh yea, that wasreebok too that actually made kool-aid shoes....and monopoly shoes.

i just think that if they spent as much time in developing all around good shoes as they did thinking of gimmicks they would be in good shape. i think hex ridehas some potential, but exposing the bladders on the outsole of the shoe is a terrible idea. if nike does that, people say what a great shoe ill buy another.if reebok does it, people think "no wonder nobody buys reeboks anymore".

reebok needs to build itself of as having reputable, performance-driven product again before doing something stupid to make people hate on them.

Originally Posted by SnkrbyNature

i dont know if its been scientifically proven, i have no affiliation with nike. all i know is that i have worn them and they have always satisfactorily cushioned me.

adidas shoes give me shin splints. then i read that formotion was "scientifically proven" to prevent shin splints, yet i still got them after only two uses of the ts creator.

reeboks and converse just feel like junk, so i wont let myself leave the store with them.

u callin reebok junk? i think they are pretty good, from the pump to iverson. specially the reebok question , those are like super duper comfy man, plus the Kamikaze??????!!! What!!!

cant believe u called reebok garbage,

Hey every dog has its day
roll.gif

But seriously Reebok like cons and adidas have a select few sneakers that are comfy and perform well .

Also If were gunna talk about Reebok you should mention how the brand pulled almost all of its sneakers from footlocker stores and other chain stores causesales were so low and they basicly had to reinvent the whole brand and are even changing the logo come late 2010 or 2011 we had a huge meeting about the Reebokfailure like 5 months back dont know any updates on the brand now but 5 months ago reebok forsure had a big scare and had no idea what to do with there brandto revive it and bring sales up .

Can any of you show any studies that prove that Nike Air of any kind, is a better cushioning system than any other brand puts out?

Shut up

Originally Posted by cardk5790

Shut up

hahahah

Originally Posted by BP the owner

Is there any scientific proof that McDonald's tastes better then Burger King? No, because it's all personal preference. People have different opinions on what they like and dislike. Some people like Air, some people like Bricks "Bounce", it's personal preference.
Very on-point. It boils down to personal preferences. Most people like Shox, i for one hate it. Some people like Adidas, i like Nike.

If you want to be all scientific about it, use Google, most of us aren't that knowledgeable to the extent of details where we can provide numbers and etc.
I like it, it satisfies my needs...all i got to say.

Originally Posted by Rick2345

Originally Posted by SnkrbyNature

i dont know if its been scientifically proven, i have no affiliation with nike. all i know is that i have worn them and they have always satisfactorily cushioned me.

adidas shoes give me shin splints. then i read that formotion was "scientifically proven" to prevent shin splints, yet i still got them after only two uses of the ts creator.

u callin reebok junk? i think they are pretty good, from the pump to iverson. specially the reebok question , those are like super duper comfy man, plus the Kamikaze??????!!! What!!!

cant believe u called reebok garbage,

Hey every dog has its day
roll.gif

But seriously Reebok like cons and adidas have a select few sneakers that are comfy and perform well .

Also If were gunna talk about Reebok you should mention how the brand pulled almost all of its sneakers from footlocker stores and other chain stores cause sales were so low and they basicly had to reinvent the whole brand and are even changing the logo come late 2010 or 2011 we had a huge meeting about the Reebok failure like 5 months back dont know any updates on the brand now but 5 months ago reebok forsure had a big scare and had no idea what to do with there brand to revive it and bring sales up .

really....thats interesting.
Rbk re-inventing the brand and CHANGING THE LOGO!? i believe that's probably the worse thing they could do as a last resort as it would only alienate themmore than they have already....and then what...burden Iverson some more to push the "new-look" (providing that he's still playin, the way thingsare going)...but again, understandable why they're thinking of that route, but I dont think that would work one bit...

To answer the question posed...well I don't know about any scientific proof, and I think for argument sake, u're targeting the wrong crowd to give youdirect info on such a topic that many people may have subjective inclinations about....and trying to provoke debate (which may be rather interesting if handledcorrectly sans dissing and personal attacks), especially following up on ur previous topic on Nike players wearing Adi stuff and the way that went, u'llhave to understand why some people will lash out at you and ur style of commentary rather than at the topic.

To echo BP its all a personal choice/preference thing. Nike enjoys something in business called "first mover status/advantage" in the technologicalrealm...from patenting the Air cushioning system and developing them and other systems throughout the years....with that they won a number customers, sportingevents and sales and built a simple thing called LOYALTY. Yes its true the brand's quality has come under fire recently (and that is expected when any topcompany, athlete etc becomes complacent) but performance has never (lunar and shox critics welcomed), will never and should never be an issue. Adidas, Asics,Reebok, with their, adiprene's, gels and hexalite's all went forward with their cushioning (with varying rates of success) in response to Nike whichalready carved out "ownership" of that domain with a majority of very many satisfied customers. So anything these other brands would come with Ibelieve just watered down the market but still there remained a ruler of that domain...where sales, customer choice and marketing validated that in comparisonto the competitors

Scientific or not, and whether it is ur right on Nike not being any scientifically better than ur beloved Adi or others, Nike enjoys a certain level ofsuccess, customer loyalty, innovation muscle and design superiority (which I'll agree are all being challenegd by Adi now), but they'll (i.e Adi) stillalways be seen as 2nd to 1, and we all know who #1 is....and that to me justifies the notion of "hype" which you also point out

Originally Posted by cardk5790

Shut up

laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

This guy.

Now we are going the Science route when he couldn't even prove his point in REAL stats??? lol He has turned from Exrtremist to Comedian.

How many more posts will we see.

Nike vs Adi
Adi vs Nike
Zoom vs Adiprene
Salt vs Pepper
DC vs Coach Hubie vs Jack Johnson

The Lunacy that is inmate 420175 moves forward at a snails pace.

Oh yeah. Let me do you like 5 Mile (I got fired from Nike, I love Nike, how could I be loyal...My moms Black and my Dads white....I do Sports Radio....I havefour kids with more sense than you ...and what did I miss.. .....oh.. I love Zoom)

Now whats the comeback... lololol

Don't forget his other screen name......... Jackstill45.

Apparently I got under his skin in the ZK3 Kobe thread. I should report him for what he said in the PM....

Back
Top Bottom