Nike Basketball (any brand) Rotation/Performance Reviews

How does the performer of 2018 stack up to 2019 or 2017? I’m just saying that personally I love the shoe but if someone wants to say that there are better options out there I wouldn’t necessarily disagree. It’s personal preference that’s all.

TTS on the Protros, I prefer to choke the laces in all of my shoes...and my feet are slightly on the narrow side. Length wise they’re fine though
100% agree. Love that colorway too

Although I’m perfectly fine with my rotation at the moment, currently debating about adding a pair of KD 12’s since so many people are speaking very highly about them.

Saw this on Fastpass (standard FLZ on left, KD 12 on right) and I really like that the Zoom extends all the way underneath the toe box...not sure if that affects performance but I assume if the Kobe’s had this setup then it might eliminate some of the extra volume that exists in that area. Extra heel zoom couldn’t hurt either lol
839714CC-4B6A-4A75-A462-3391A78F57DB.jpeg

Although I’m perfectly fine with my rotation at the moment, currently debating about adding a pair of KD 12’s since so many people are speaking very highly about them.

Saw this on Fastpass (standard FLZ on left, KD 12 on right) and I really like that the Zoom extends all the way underneath the toe box...not sure if that affects performance but I assume if the Kobe’s had this setup then it might eliminate some of the extra volume that exists in that area. Extra heel zoom couldn’t hurt either lol

Just pull the trigger on the KD’s.

I ordered some ID’s last week.

Anxiously awaiting their arrival.

^ Speaking of socks, do you guys have a go to? I’m a huge fan of the stance basketball icon crew. Super simple but well cushioned.

JS”

^ Speaking of socks, do you guys have a go to? I’m a huge fan of the stance basketball icon crew. Super simple but well cushioned.

JS”

Was my favorite man, but I got a couple pair of the offical nba nike socks (not the store ones) and they are soooo good. I re-wash the same 3 pairs i got they are getting old now though smhh

I mostly use the white official NBA socks...have other colors as well but they feel a little cheaper/thinner than the whites. Kinda weird but whatever

Getting a little tired of my Nike NBA "Elite" .. they stiffen up after washing and shrink/don't stretch as good as when they're new.

Where do you get your white NBAs from? grittyman grittyman

Getting a little tired of my Nike NBA "Elite" .. they stiffen up after washing and shrink/don't stretch as good as when they're new.

Where do you get your white NBAs from? grittyman grittyman
I want to say a Nike clearance store, but I’m not 100% sure. They’re not as plush as the “Power” ones but are kinda close. Don’t remember what type they were but maybe I’ll take some quick comparison pics when I get home...and if I have any clean, laundry day is on the weekends lol

Makes it obvious why I can feel my foot on the edge of the zoom in the 12s. Minor inconvenience.

Was my favorite man, but I got a couple pair of the offical nba nike socks (not the store ones) and they are soooo good. I re-wash the same 3 pairs i got they are getting old now though smhh

Are the official different than the NBA QuckGrip/PowerGrip ($30/pair)...I think I know the answer lol.

JS”

JS”

I play predominately in the Nike Elite Lows - the best ankle/no show hoop sock I've found to date. Not many people like playing in lows/no shows anymore so I've been able to stock up at something like $5/pair. When I wear longer socks (which is hardly ever), then I play in the Stance NBA socks. I have a few pairs and like them better than all the higher cut Nike, adidas, and UA socks I've tried.

When you say not the store ones are you talking about the Nike Elite Quick? They say on the package official on court sock of the NBA. If you are what is the difference between the store pair and the official pair you are talking about.

When you say not the store ones are you talking about the Nike Elite Quick? They say on the package official on court sock of the NBA. If you are what is the difference between the store pair and the official pair you are talking about.
Maybe what the players get.

JS”

The Stance official NBA socks are my favorites.

I stocked up on them once they lost their deal with the league.

I was picking up pairs at Ross and Marshalls for $3-5 a pair compared to their regular prices which were like $22

I have one pair of the NBA nike socks and they aren't as good in my opinion.

JS”
Nike Versatility high quarter. All-time favorite and I tried to scoop up as many as I could from Ross. Really wish they didn't discontinue those.

Yeah, the ones the players aren't like the ones we got haha.

They feel like regular white tube socks but plush. The lining is even thicker a bit. But I wore my pairs so much and washed they are toast. Now I gotta settle for the ones in the store.

Here’s a D League pair I got from my playing days my favorite pair ever.

60E118A8-9983-4313-B4C9-A5D1C7E09D53.jpeg

They feel like regular white tube socks but plush. The lining is even thicker a bit. But I wore my pairs so much and washed they are toast. Now I gotta settle for the ones in the store.

Hahaha. Thanks man! Good to confirm what I figured would be the case lol.

JS”

You played in the D League?? Nice!! Where'd you go to college and whered you play?

nike-zoom-train-command-1510861-800x800.jpg

This is a strange one, but I just got the zoom train command for the gym, and tried them out for ball for some reason. They ended up being pretty damn good. If you like low to the ground, minimal shoes like the kobe mentality, but want a little more cushion, these work for that. Its a trainer, so the midsole is lower than any ball shoe youll ever try, but it has that big visible zoom unit in the heel and a little rectangular baby zoom unit in the forefoot, but you can actually feel it and it gives a little compression. Unlike a lot of trainers, the traction works pretty well with some wiping. The flex zones in the forefoot and the lowness of the midsole gives it better court feel than any ball shoe ive ever used, and it feels really quick. Its also lighter than any ball shoe ive tried. Lateral containment is alright with that rubber piece and fuse to keep you in, although I felt it pushing out a little bit on hard cuts.

Possible cons are the upper is pretty soft but still stable enough, the insole is flat af for lifting (and its glued down so I cant swap it), no ankle protection (although the bottom is wide and stable so it doesnt bother me), and if one of those flywire cables breaks its over. But for a few games it was surprisingly nice, minimal and low but with decent cushion and stability. Not bad for $55 on amazon. Ill play in it more for sure.

Last edited:
nike-zoom-train-command-1510861-800x800.jpg

This is a strange one, but I just got the zoom train command for the gym, and tried them out for ball for some reason. They ended up being pretty damn good. If you like low to the ground, minimal shoes like the kobe mentality, but want a little more cushion, these work for that. Its a trainer, so the midsole is lower than any ball shoe youll ever try, but it has that big visible zoom unit in the heel and a little rectangular baby zoom unit in the forefoot, but you can actually feel it and it gives a little compression. Unlike a lot of trainers, the traction works pretty well with some wiping. The flex zones in the forefoot and the lowness of the midsole gives it better court feel than any ball shoe ive ever used, and it feels really quick. Lateral containment is alright with that rubber piece and fuse to keep you in, although I feel it pushing out sometimes on hard cuts.

Cons are the flexible upper feels a bit loosy goosy at times, the insole is flat af for lifting (and its glued down so I cant swap it), zero ankle protection (although the bottom is wide and stable so it doesnt bother me), and if one of those flywire cables breaks its over. But for a few games it was surprisingly nice, quick-feeling, and the cushion was decent for such a low shoe. Not bad for $55 on amazon. Ill play in it more for sure.

It always scares me when a guy comes in to hoop on Saturday morning in runners or chuck Taylor’s (not saying cross trainers don’t work).

There’s this one guy who frequents my runs and always wears low top chuck Taylor’s like he’s Bill Russell or something.

6-7 games in I’ll be like “how the hell are you doing this?” And he just laughs and keeps going.

Back
Top Bottom