Nike Basketball (any brand) Rotation/Performance Reviews

Got these in yesterday from the NDC flash sale $66 shipped. They’re nice on court! Didn’t hurt that I got really hot and we ran the court :tongue:

Support is amazing. Nice bounce, solid traction, really nice fit. Definitely going to stay in the rotation. I call them my Easter joints. If you prefer a minimalist feel these aren’t for you but I think these would be good for all body types/ playing styles. Really solid shoe. KD12 still top dog for me but these are up there and they should only get better with more they break in time.
96A443CC-BF8E-412A-A58F-0199F68EC966.jpeg
Looking forward to more post from everyone. Love this thread :nthat:
Copped on the same deal and ran in them over the weekend. You're right about those who prefer minimal setups - this was way too much shoe for me. Made me feel slow. Unlocked zoom up front does feel amazing though.

Thinking about picking up an official NBA ball, anyone have any break-in tips? Besides just playing with it of course lol

I'm not a fan of this guy's reviews, but he's literally the only one with a legit review on the Kawhi's, so it's appreciated.

Sloppy fitting upper looks like it will be a bit of a bummer but I'm still looking forward to these whenever they do finally drop.

What is Beal wearing here?
Kyrie 6 or something? With the strap and heel air?

2D3CE685-B3BE-4C60-A3E0-53E16F500E97.png

A02FBCDC-1592-4F21-B2F5-A68964A9A16B.png

9A842B74-DCA7-45E4-964C-377F2060DF83.png

Yup. Weird. Even Nike says they’re for bigger players. “Fast and versatile big men”

It’s garbage.

The bounce of that ball is inconsistent. Sometimes it just dies mid-dribble , it’s not as good at controlling moisture compared to the solution as well.

I don’t care what the ball looks like. It can be fluorescent pink but if it performs, I love it.

You are correct that people prefer the Evo. People also enjoy Corona and Natty Light beer. I can’t help those people. Lol!

That does not make it a better ball though. There’s a reason that the Evo is not the official NCAA ball and the solution is.

Hell, the Evo is slowly getting replaced at the official high school ball across the country.

And I will be purchasing the Evo NXT without a doubt.

I’ll take Schwollo’s word for it that it’s a great ball. He’s spot on almost all of the time in his reviews.

Any maintenance u guys do with Solution? E.g. leather moisturizer etc. Feels like the ball atttacts dust for me (even though it does not). The grip is kind of slippery at times.

The Evo sucks.....played with it over the weekend...collects moisture like a mf'er especially if it's humid.
Only time my runs has an issue w moisture w the Evo is usually during high humidity times. But we still use year round.

Any maintenance u guys do with Solution? E.g. leather moisturizer etc. Feels like the ball atttacts dust for me (even though it does not). The grip is kind of slippery at times.

I know exactly what you mean. It would feel like there was sand or debris on the ball even though there wasn't any and feel weird

No maintenance really on the Solution Ball. I’ve never had a grip issue with it.

I gave my Evo to a high school kid whose parents wouldn’t buy him a ball. I felt good about it then thought again and was like “ugh I gave that kid a piece of trash!”

Probably better performing shoes on the market
C9BE495C-7577-455A-B7EA-0A768D16D34C.jpeg
These were touted as one of the performers of the year 2018. (Nightwing).. so I dunno. One of the best all around packages.
Looks like you got the laces tied super tight. You size up half up or something? These usually feel pretty contained

Wow, first time seeing this thread. Love seeing everyone’s rotation and go-to’s.

This season, i’ve worn Kyrie 4, PG2.5, CE17, Harden Vol 3, Kobe 4, Kobe 6...but my absolute faves and go-to’s the past six games or so have been these:

5E8A740C-C373-47F9-8477-B6BF009D1D5E.jpeg

I’ve rotated between these two and the blue glow kobe 8s as well. These two are damn near perfect shoes for me in terms of the kind of cushion, court feel, traction and fit that i personally like. Can’t go wrong with either imo.

Wow, first time seeing this thread. Love seeing everyone’s rotation and go-to’s.

This season, i’ve worn Kyrie 4, PG2.5, CE17, Harden Vol 3, Kobe 4, Kobe 6...but my absolute faves and go-to’s the past six games or so have been these:

5E8A740C-C373-47F9-8477-B6BF009D1D5E.jpeg

I’ve rotated between these two and the blue glow kobe 8s as well. These two are damn near perfect shoes for me in terms of the kind of cushion, court feel, traction and fit that i personally like. Can’t go wrong with either imo.

I LOVE that this is generally everyone’s reaction upon first discovering this thread!

And those Beethoven’s!!!

I was never able to get my hands on a pair. Still vividly remember the morning I took an L on those lol...

Cushion (lunar foam) on those Kobe 8 and 9 isn’t bottomed out and “hardened” up at this point?

I LOVE that this is generally everyone’s reaction upon first discovering this thread!

And those Beethoven’s!!!

I was never able to get my hands on a pair. Still vividly remember the morning I took an L on those lol...

Got really lucky with the Beethoven’s had a homie hook me up for retail a couple weeks after release. Used to just use it very sparingly casually but decided this season that i’d ball in them coz they aint getting used much.

Cushion (lunar foam) on those Kobe 8 and 9 isn’t bottomed out and “hardened” up at this point?

I have 3 pairs of 8s which i’ve rotated the insoles of to extend their shelf life. So far only one insole has almost completely bottomed out.

With the 9s, i have an EM pair and i’m using that insole to ball in these. So the insoles for my beethovens are almost close to DS still (just light casual use).

Tbh, i have way too many shoes (as do most of us lol) and rotate all of them quite regularly so even if i ball quite a bit, they take a lot of time to wear out. I mean i still have OG pairs of Kobe 4s and 5s that i havent even balled in yet.

These were touted as one of the performers of the year 2018. (Nightwing).. so I dunno. One of the best all around packages.
Looks like you got the laces tied super tight. You size up half up or something? These usually feel pretty contained
How does the performer of 2018 stack up to 2019 or 2017? I’m just saying that personally I love the shoe but if someone wants to say that there are better options out there I wouldn’t necessarily disagree. It’s personal preference that’s all.

TTS on the Protros, I prefer to choke the laces in all of my shoes...and my feet are slightly on the narrow side. Length wise they’re fine though

Back
Top Bottom