Nike Basketball (any brand) Rotation/Performance Reviews

Just got my first pair in today.
Nice! Which ones did you get?

I really like the extra midsole support…especially on some of the shoes I own that don’t have a shank plate. Oh, and in the LBJ 20’s I think it helps to balance the feeling between the large heel Zoom unit and the smaller turbo forefoot one. But it does kinda mute the experience, I’m okay with the trade off though.

I like them, but I don’t really have anything else to compare them to either

Nice! Which ones did you get?

I really like the extra midsole support…especially on some of the shoes I own that don’t have a shank plate. Oh, and in the LBJ 20’s I think it helps to balance the feeling between the large heel Zoom unit and the smaller turbo forefoot one. But it does kinda mute the experience, I’m okay with the trade off though.

I like them, but I don’t really have anything else to compare them to either
I got the Game Day. I wanted a pair I could switch casually and performance and I heard the Pro was a little much for everyday.

Any disco codes floating around for move insoles? Want to try the game day as well

Been wanting to try the new balance 2 way v3, but can’t find any wide sizes available.

Been playing in my Godkiller EYBLs this week and I like them more than my lebron 20s

Attachments

• A8FC8DD8-7088-49E0-99F5-1141B86F810A.jpeg
    A8FC8DD8-7088-49E0-99F5-1141B86F810A.jpeg
    398.6 KB · Views: 215
Zion 2 definitely. Freak 3 no but 4 yes. 37 yes - very. Wow 10 maybe if you aren’t extremely wide. All my opinions - I had to go up half in kyrie 5-8 and the lebron 20 as well as the Jordan 35-36 for width.

Worth trying out the freak 4 for like $60? There’s some colorways on sale with an additional 25% ending today.

Just copped a pair of KD 14s for $54 bucks new. These will be my new outdoor ball kicks. Great shoe. Any other recommendations for outdoor ball? Traction and cushioning are my priority as I'm 40yrs old lol
All the shoes I’ve got in the past to hoop outside in, I’ve burnt through in just a few months :smh:

ordered a pair of new balance 2 way v3 last night, wide sizes finally came back in stock briefly. Excited to try them out when they arrive. I like this colorway a lot!

Attachments

• 31DE2FA2-8096-41B5-8745-FCCCB47B9854.png
    31DE2FA2-8096-41B5-8745-FCCCB47B9854.png
    354.6 KB · Views: 483
Just copped a pair of KD 14s for $54 bucks new. These will be my new outdoor ball kicks. Great shoe. Any other recommendations for outdoor ball? Traction and cushioning are my priority as I'm 40yrs old lol
Dammn where from?
All the shoes I’ve got in the past to hoop outside in, I’ve burnt through in just a few months :smh:
Few months is about right for outdoors especially if you’re playing 2-3x a week

I have a somewhat wide foot and I couldn’t wear the cut 2 at all. The drop in midsole has side walls and my foot was spilling over them. The cushion is very firm and bouncy but it’s fairly high off the ground. Don’t love how the laces interact with the tongue, doesn’t really hold it well in place and it tends to slide off to the side.

I’ve never owned retail cut 1 but I have a pair of replica ones and it’s definitely lower to the ground than the 2, and the traction is much better. Overall fit and lockdown seems better too since the foot doesn’t sit so high in the shoe. Replica cuts are like $100. I’ve been rotating them and my lebron 20s lately.
I’ve been researching reps lately. Do you know what batch this is? Doom, Star P and Star C are supposedly the best Cuts. From what I’ve read/ seen they are all nice performers just wondering because I have a pair of Star C BHMs on the way. Dooms are supposedly more mushy cushion wise but the cheaper option and peeps are saying they’re nice on court as well just not as responsive. How do they compare to the rest of your rotation?

I’ve been researching reps lately. Do you know what batch this is? Doom, Star P and Star C are supposedly the best Cuts. From what I’ve read/ seen they are all nice performers just wondering because I have a pair of Star C BHMs on the way. Dooms are supposedly more mushy cushion wise but the cheaper option and peeps are saying they’re nice on court as well just not as responsive. How do they compare to the rest of your rotation?
Mine is the worst batch, wbk haha. Still plays fine and get plenty of buckets, they are on the mushy side but it kinda feels nice on the knees and feet if that makes sense?

I got some dooms on the way to compare, but supposedly those are mushy too. Star P is the one to go with for more snappy retail feel.

Gk Kobe 6 is still my favorite to play in. But I Kobe 6 durability in general is not super high. They feel great right out of the box but the insole and foam compresses down rather quickly and then the shoe gets a little loose feeling.

I think well broken in lebron 20 is probably the best overall balance of cushion and traction definitely the most durable. They just aren’t the most comfortable for me due to my wider foot shape.

Got some new balance 2 way v3 in 2E wide coming next week, excited to try those out!

Mine is the worst batch, wbk haha. Still plays fine and get plenty of buckets, they are on the mushy side but it kinda feels nice on the knees and feet if that makes sense?

I got some dooms on the way to compare, but supposedly those are mushy too. Star P is the one to go with for more snappy retail feel.

Gk Kobe 6 is still my favorite to play in. But I Kobe 6 durability in general is not super high. They feel great right out of the box but the insole and foam compresses down rather quickly and then the shoe gets a little loose feeling.

I think well broken in lebron 20 is probably the best overall balance of cushion and traction definitely the most durable. They just aren’t the most comfortable for me due to my wider foot shape.

Got some new balance 2 way v3 in 2E wide coming next week, excited to try those out!
That’s cool. From what I’ve read wkb has been the best and only got passed up recently.

I’ve been playing in some Li Nings lately, wow 10 and All City 10v2, both are really nice on court. The WoW 10s are in my top 3 all time right now, just amazing blend of court feel, cushion, traction *chefs kiss* the AC are actually really nice too. No foot soreness the next day with either and I’m old 😂

I’ve been putting off playing in my 20s because I’ve heard there’s a long break in and stability could be an issue? 34 and 36 are up in my top 3 too but I’m not out there like you. I play 2 maybe 3x a week 2-2.5hrs max. I sprinkle in some Kobe’s and KDs just too many kicks to choose from (1st world problems)

Looking forward to that NB review, them wide joints could be a game changer for the fat foot community 🤣 j/p

That’s cool. From what I’ve read wkb has been the best and only got passed up recently.

I’ve been playing in some Li Nings lately, wow 10 and All City 10v2, both are really nice on court. The WoW 10s are in my top 3 all time right now, just amazing blend of court feel, cushion, traction *chefs kiss* the AC are actually really nice too. No foot soreness the next day with either and I’m old 😂

I’ve been putting off playing in my 20s because I’ve heard there’s a long break in and stability could be an issue? 34 and 36 are up in my top 3 too but I’m not out there like you. I play 2 maybe 3x a week 2-2.5hrs max. I sprinkle in some Kobe’s and KDs just too many kicks to choose from (1st world problems)

Looking forward to that NB review, them wide joints could be a game changer for the fat foot community 🤣 j/p

Wade 10 seem really great from reviews, did you go with your normal Nike size or go up half?

The lebron 20s are just a bit high off the ground despite being a low cut, so you have to break in the foam and once it sinks down a bit, the stability and heel slip issues go away. Wear em around indoors or at the gym for a bit and let it mold a bit to your feet and you should be good.

I’m 6 foot 190 and more of a power than finesse player so I’m pretty hard on my shoes and my feet haha. I’m hoping the new balance wide joints will be game changers too 🤣

Wade 10 seem really great from reviews, did you go with your normal Nike size or go up half?

The lebron 20s are just a bit high off the ground despite being a low cut, so you have to break in the foam and once it sinks down a bit, the stability and heel slip issues go away. Wear em around indoors or at the gym for a bit and let it mold a bit to your feet and you should be good.

I’m 6 foot 190 and more of a power than finesse player so I’m pretty hard on my shoes and my feet haha. I’m hoping the new balance wide joints will be game changers too 🤣

Haha I hope they work for you! I’ve heard good things.

I’m a tweener at 10-10.5 so I’m probably not the best to ask but I wear 10.5 in most Nikes and it’s mostly because of length. I prefer the WoW 10s in a 10, they’re a 1:1 fit for me (which I prefer for hooping) 10.5 is nice too I just double sock. I got the 10.5 as a gift and caught a deal on a barely used 10 on eBay.

I think you should be good in your Nike size (as a wide footer). I noticed they come laced the wrong way (over instead of under) so I had to fix that before they felt right.

Trying to get back into playing ball again. My current pair is the PG3s. That will tell you how long it’s been. 😂😂😂

I picked these up and they are pretty comfortable. I’ll try them out this week but just walking around with them, I’m getting some heel slippage. Hopefully wearing thicker basketball socks and lacing them up tighter will fix it.
72E39C08-8B76-4B1B-A0C5-D6838C181089.jpeg

Trying to get back into playing ball again. My current pair is the PG3s. That will tell you how long it’s been. 😂😂😂

I picked these up and they are pretty comfortable. I’ll try them out this week but just walking around with them, I’m getting some heel slippage. Hopefully wearing thicker basketball socks and lacing them up tighter will fix it.
72E39C08-8B76-4B1B-A0C5-D6838C181089.jpeg

Welcome back! Ease into it, make sure to stretch out the feet, calves, Achilles, hips, groin and hamstrings after you play.

New balance 2 way v3 came today in 2E wide. Funny thing is it feels just normal even in wide size. The regular version runs narrow lol.

Pretty comfortable, but it doesn’t curve from heel to toe like a lot of Nike shoes.

Will play in them this afternoon and update with some thoughts.

Attachments

• 916E68AE-0FB2-46CB-8EE9-558200495246.jpeg
    916E68AE-0FB2-46CB-8EE9-558200495246.jpeg
    462.6 KB · Views: 78
  • 64CC1DCC-340B-4987-9040-EC8DCA89B2C9.jpeg
    64CC1DCC-340B-4987-9040-EC8DCA89B2C9.jpeg
    462.4 KB · Views: 256
Back
Top Bottom