Nike Basketball (any brand) Rotation/Performance Reviews

What a time.

Idk if this is an indictment on Nike or a sign of the times on reps being equal or better then especially on the tech and performance side.

What a time.

Idk if this is an indictment on Nike or a sign of the times on reps being equal or better then especially on the tech and performance side.
Yeah me neither, mostly resellers hoarding shoes and keeping them from people who just want to hoop in them.

You can pretty much buy any type of full length zoom insert as well for $10 or less to slide in the shoes and customize your cushion too.

I bought a pair of these reps just to try them out… Could’ve just been my pair but as far as the performance they weren’t as good as my retail pairs. The Zoom didn’t feel quite like real Zoom, and over time it eventually felt like crap. The fit was not quite the 1:1 of retail, like they were made on a wider base…The tongue was not rigid at all, and was noticeably larger than retail. I’m sure there’s other things but I can’t think of at the moment.

All in all they were better than a lot of shoes on the market but not quite up to the Kobe standard from my experience. I think I only paid $70-80ish plus shipping for mine, some site called GMK or something like that

I bought a pair of these reps just to try them out… Could’ve just been my pair but as far as the performance they weren’t as good as my retail pairs. The Zoom didn’t feel quite like real Zoom, and over time it eventually felt like crap. The fit was not quite the 1:1 of retail, like they were made on a wider base…The tongue was not rigid at all, and was noticeably larger than retail. I’m sure there’s other things but I can’t think of at the moment.

All in all they were better than a lot of shoes on the market but not quite up to the Kobe standard from my experience. I think I only paid $70-80ish plus shipping for mine, some site called GMK or something like that
I think you got the wkb version, the godkiller one is nearly identical. Same tongue and all. Wkb one has heel zoom like the originals, maybe not as firm as you expected.

I did get a pair from GMK and they were less quality than the INC pair. I just think it’s sad that a rep company kept the heel zoom while still giving the same forefoot unit and Nike couldn’t or wouldn’t. Again, I wouldn’t have even sniffed a rep if the real weren’t $800+ I’m any colorway for my size, but I’m not knocking anyone who does. I see it here HS players rocking grinches on court and I’m thinking no way in h ell would I pay that for a kid to play in.

I saw a pic floating around of the wider base model. Looks way more comfortable to me lol.
Wider base would be an improvement lol

Attachments

• 159264D6-F4BC-4FD0-82B0-822AA82E3405.png
    159264D6-F4BC-4FD0-82B0-822AA82E3405.png
    885.3 KB · Views: 499
You saying this test is flawed? Yeah. Not liking all of his new testing methods but still enjoy his reviews. The cutaway is worth is alone for a watch.
Most of these tests mean zilch to me 😂 but I appreciate the effort to at least provide some visual representation to his opinions.

All I really need to know is does the shoe have a good fit, cushion and traction. Don’t care about if anything else, and your skill level irrelevant to me as well…

Bruh. From the first video I seen of him, where he would do some stupid *** suicides and jumping tests and then say how he performed in those shoes, I knew he was a fraud. Like bro… it’s not the shoes, it’s how your body is feeling that day. I could put on a certain shoe and be athletic/fast/bouncy as hell and do it the next day and be sluggish… cmon

Most of these tests mean zilch to me 😂 but I appreciate the effort to at least provide some visual representation to his opinions.

All I really need to know is does the shoe have a good fit, cushion and traction. Don’t care about if anything else, and your skill level irrelevant to me as well…
Yeah I just need good traction and fit my feet well. Getting harder these days with wide feet!

A good fit for him or I may not be the same “good” fit for you

A good fit for him or I may not be the same “good” fit for you
Of course… I believe he has mentioned that he has a wider foot and mine is more on the narrower side. Most reviewers give their foot type when describing their experiences with a shoe’s fit.

But this review is just one person’s opinion, nothing more nothing less. It holds the same weight as just about every other ShoeTuber imo

Of course… I believe he has mentioned that he has a wider foot and mine is more on the narrower side. Most reviewers give their foot type when describing their experiences with a shoe’s fit.

But this review is just one person’s opinion, nothing more nothing less. It holds the same weight as just about every other ShoeTuber imo
One thing that I recently noticed is that my feet also have a high arch on the top of my foot, like where the laces will clamp down. That definitely makes some shoes more uncomfortable than others too. Like recent bron models have very flat toe boxes from the top, as well as being narrower.

You can see here I went true to size on Kobe 6 protro and while the length is fine, my foot is bulging out of the shoe, insane discomfort and that’s without even tying them. Couldn’t even lace them as the laces were too short

Attachments

• 309E43A4-5DE5-4D30-83C4-EC3342A12BC4.jpeg
    309E43A4-5DE5-4D30-83C4-EC3342A12BC4.jpeg
    448 KB · Views: 312
One thing that I recently noticed is that my feet also have a high arch on the top of my foot, like where the laces will clamp down. That definitely makes some shoes more uncomfortable than others too. Like recent bron models have very flat toe boxes from the top, as well as being narrower.

You can see here I went true to size on Kobe 6 protro and while the length is fine, my foot is bulging out of the shoe, insane discomfort and that’s without even tying them. Couldn’t even lace them as the laces were too short
Oh wow. Yeah. Need to find a last that matches your foot shape. Probably pretty difficult as it is rare

Hes better than “most” shoetubers. Quick, to the point. Technical and scientific reasoning.

Some shoe tubers are so repetitive it’s hard to get through. like the kid now doing performance reviews for wear testers/ nightwing.

Back
Top Bottom