Nike Basketball (any brand) Rotation/Performance Reviews

Is the Kobe 6 in the discussion for greatest low top performer of all time?

I took a basketball hiatus during the midpoint of his shoe line and missed out on these the first time around. But damn, these are amazing. Over the last 5 or so years it's probably these, the Harden 3, and the Jordan 29 low for my favorite low tops.

It's a serious shame that we're (public at large) getting deprived of these. Look at this amazing performance shoe we've made. Emphasis on the word look.

Saw a few reviews on the PG5's. Anyone hoop in them? I've hooped a few times outdoor and they are pretty good but the durability on the outsole may be an issue. XDR please!

Saw a few reviews on the PG5's. Anyone hoop in them? I've hooped a few times outdoor and they are pretty good but the durability on the outsole may be an issue. XDR please!
I didn't hoop in them but I tried them on, in store, several weeks ago. The height (court feel) wasn't what I like and the heel lockdown wasn't very good so I put them back. Nike did fix the sizing so TTS was definitely the way to go.

Whatever happened to the Elite Sock thread... just opened up a box I had from storage from like 2010 and found a bunch of OG elite socks and wanted to post them

My favorite outdoor ball shoes are the Kobe 1 Protro. Love that full-length Zoom and the traction can handle the beatings for quite a while. If you can find a pair for a decent price, get 'em!
In afraid to bust mine out lol. I got two pairs for the low on eBay. Got the protro 1 all star new without box for $110 and the black out for $125 worn once. Ughhh maybe I should cause I’m trying to cut back on spending money on sneakers. And If they don’t get hooped in, they won’t see much sunlight.

I was dealing with the same for a while... sucked waking up. Couldn’t walk at first. My league ended and rested it and got better. Update with your diagnosis
Took a couple months off completely. No treadmill nor basketball at all. Did ALOT of hot/cold treatment as well as elevated it while sleeping. The pain is 100% gone. Slowly getting back to working out and conditioning. Started back on low impact basketball training with my teenage daughters (very humbling). I can feel the flexibility returning slowly. Still have stiffness after being idle for long periods but I'm being very cautious with my progression. Haven't played since but I'm building back up to that. Sucks sitting on the sideline and watching my dudes put in work while I'm in street clothes. But gotta play it safe till my body tells me I'm ready to step back into the fire.

Took a couple months off completely. No treadmill nor basketball at all. Did ALOT of hot/cold treatment as well as elevated it while sleeping. The pain is 100% gone. Slowly getting back to working out and conditioning. Started back on low impact basketball training with my teenage daughters (very humbling). I can feel the flexibility returning slowly. Still have stiffness after being idle for long periods but I'm being very cautious with my progression. Haven't played since but I'm building back up to that. Sucks sitting on the sideline and watching my dudes put in work while I'm in street clothes. But gotta play it safe till my body tells me I'm ready to step back into the fire.
Congratulations on the progress. I know how hard it is to take it easy (and frustrating too).

Been hooping outdoors over the last year in the PG4 mainly and now the traction is almost bald in the forefoot. Copped Dame 6 and KD13s on the low so those will be my outdoor/indoor got to hoop shoes. Might bust out my D Rose 7s a time a two as well.

I tried the AJ XXXV Low today. Ran full-court for two hours and they felt great. Just like duke40 duke40 said, they're a beefier version of the XXXIVs. Heading out to ball for a few more hours tonight but it's going to be limited to half court 2v2. Probably bring some Rare Metal II and Kobes. Might bring the XXXIII SE too.

I’m debating going back to my weekly runs in the near future.

I saw a few games of maskless kids at my local gym taking place.

Do the regulars in this thread feel safe getting back on the courts yet?
Will you play with a mask on?

Personally I’m exited to get back on the court but I’m hesitant for Covid reasons and general fitness reasons.

Just in terms of getting my body back into playing shape I probably need 3 weeks minimum.

I’ve been on the exercis bike since January and have been stretching and doing some light weights at home throughout the pandemic.

But as far as people spreading Covid while playing… I dunno how I feel yet even though I’m fully vaccinated.

How are you guys feeling?

Personally I’m exited to get back on the court but I’m hesitant for Covid reasons and general fitness reasons.

Just in terms of getting my body back into playing shape I probably need 3 weeks minimum.

I’ve been on the exercis bike since January and have been stretching and doing some light weights at home throughout the pandemic.

But as far as people spreading Covid while playing… I dunno how I feel yet even though I’m fully vaccinated.

Go hoop bro

my runs never stopped

It is what it is

never stopped hooping. Found a gym we rented a couple nights a week and masks were optional since last April and then 24 opened back up at thanksgiving and it’s been open wide. Some wear masks, most dont, and it’s al good.

never stopped hooping. Found a gym we rented a couple nights a week and masks were optional since last April and then 24 opened back up at thanksgiving and it’s been open wide. Some wear masks, most dont, and it’s al good.

Wow… absolutely no fear of catching Covid in the early days of the pandemic??

Wow… absolutely no fear of catching Covid in the early days of the pandemic??

i got it in February 2020 and February 21. This last time I had to get an inhaler to help my lungs but I would rather do that than never play or go out or eat at a restaurant or watch a movie. Just my opinion.

i got it in February 2020 and February 21. This last time I had to get an inhaler to help my lungs but I would rather do that than never play or go out or eat at a restaurant or watch a movie. Just my opinion.

Jesus Christ! Twice???

Were you anti-mask everywhere the entire pandemic?

I’ve loved the game since I could walk but not that much.

Restaurants and movies were easy to sacrifice during the pandemic though.

Hoops I can almost understand. I got to the point where I was having dreams about playing pickup. It was terrible. But the pandemic hit a month after I hurt my knee so I guess the silver lining was I had a nice long extended recovery.

image.jpg
Finally have been able to find an indoor spot and break these in. Have to say, I forgot what it was like to have to break shoes in😂. Once these are though, they’re nice even without the tech upgrades.

Jesus Christ! Twice???

Were you anti-mask everywhere the entire pandemic?

I’ve loved the game since I could walk but not that much.

Restaurants and movies were easy to sacrifice during the pandemic though.

Hoops I can almost understand. I got to the point where I was having dreams about playing pickup. It was terrible. But the pandemic hit a month after I hurt my knee so I guess the silver lining was I had a nice long extended recovery.

Nah - my wife teaches 8th grade… dirty kids

Back
Top Bottom