Nike debuts New Air Trainer 1- Set to release 7/1/2009 (aka the manny trainers)

Originally Posted by travman24

Is that Laker color way droppin?
I don't think that's a Laker CW. I think it's more of a Viking's CW (via AP).

I'd get 'em though and tell everyone they're Lakers CW
grin.gif

Just spotted this blog link.. some new angles on some of the shoes:
http://prequelmag.com/blog/?p=1202

t1nike0694.jpg

-back of Adrian Peterson's pair

t1nike0688.jpg

-whos logo is that on the all grey pair?? Nice to see the basic NIKE AIR swoosh is stitched onto one back

t1nike0681.jpg

-who's pair is that?

t1nike0736.jpg

-inside of brian clay's pair

t1nike0699.jpg

BAY area pack??? but obviously more geared towards the niners...

rumor has it, a pack of some sort, im guessing this set here, is in the immediate plans;
t1nike0713.jpg

the drama continues

another website with some photos that I missed originally:
http://www.vaporsmagazine.com/2009/05/training-day/2/

interesting pair in the white with blackoutlined swoosh.. seems to have a camo type midsole print
img_8528-540x360.jpg

livestrong pair to the left of the steelers troy pe?
img_8533-540x360.jpg

^^^^Thanks for all the pics. Some really nice colorways. Hope some of them release. The Livestrong's look awesome!!

no problem. I bet ill find more before the night is through.

if you look back at some of the links, one AP pair has NIKE stitched on the back, and the other this "ALL DAY" logo. AP wore the NIKE stitched shoethat day... sooooo many pairs out there with no true answer as to what the first General Release set will be... Just great Nike.

the first air trainer had just two first generation SIGNATURE colors, the "chlorophyll" and a "varsity red". those two became mainstays forgenerations.. here that concept just isnt what Nike is about now
grin.gif

Nike is ODing on these shoes. I'm ready to see some hit our store. I caught that about those AP shoes. I really like the 49er's c/w up there. I wonderwill there be a lot of regional stuff done with these.

Originally Posted by WallyHopp

t1nike0681.jpg

-who's pair is that?

pretty sure that's a jimmy rollins pe.

t1nike0699.jpg

pure speculation but maybe a jerry rice pe? the inside of the tongue looks like it could be a number 80.

^good assessments on those. Googling some stuff based on what you said netted this:

http://www.highsnobiety.com/feature_new/nike-air-trainer-1/2/
Each of the athletes mentioned above has their own signature model in the Trainer 1 line. Each of them helped design their signature models by adding their own personal style to the final products. There will also be additional models throughout the year targeting everything from the Canadian Olympic Hockey team (with input from Wayne Gretzky) to a shoe honoring the annual Army/Navy football game. Each model will have unique design touches Jimmy Rollins told the designers that his model "Gotta have the snakeskin!," the typeface on Polamalu's shoe is different than the rest of the line to match the Steelers signature look.

Obviously looking at the other photos out there, the pair that has J-RO11 on it has a shiney red snakeskin type material on it
laugh.gif

but what have we here? Canadian hockey team, army navy? what else?
eek.gif
Nikeis quickly prostituting this model out beyond neccessity.

Lastly, the select group of media in attendance were given a look at some future products that Nike is working on to extend the Trainer 1 line over the next year. Details were scarce, as this was just presented to give a peak, but look for Nike to leverage their history in the cross-training field by calling on heritage pieces from Bo Jackson and Ken Griffey, Jr. There's also chatter of bringing the digital side of athletes into the line with collaborations with Sony and EA Sports. And while the Trainer 1 is built around Nike technology such as Max Air and Nike Free, there may potentially be additional ways for people to customize a product to their needs via Nike ID.

The Nike Trainer 1 is launching in July, and will have additional models released throughout the year.
LET THE SHOES DO THE TALKING.. This is sickening
grin.gif
happy.gif
indifferent.gif

Been wearing the Pacquiao trainers lately. They are very light and comfortable. I look forward to getting more colorways!!!

Originally Posted by marburypointgod

Originally Posted by WallyHopp

t1nike0681.jpg

-who's pair is that?

pretty sure that's a jimmy rollins pe.

t1nike0699.jpg

pure speculation but maybe a jerry rice pe? the inside of the tongue looks like it could be a number 80.

yep, they are in fact jerry rice and jimmy rollins player exclusives. the livestrongs are nice. i almost got them, but they only had one of the shoes. my nextselection was the bo jacksons, but they had to go back to beaverton
frown.gif

GZA73 ~ how do your PacMan's fit, true-to-size? The samples have been said to run small... I wanna know if its the same for the retail version. thx

Hmmm... a trainer pack would be interesting because it might allow me to get another pair of Nike Air Trainer 1s. However, a trainer pack might only appealto a niche market. Anyway, these packs are getting out of hand. I just want to purchase one shoe at a time. Maybe I should start seeing these boxes asNike's unconsidered line for wasteful, bulky, and unnecessary packaging.

Originally Posted by Wasps and Asps

aint nothin in the forefoot?
I would tend to say NO by this one photo alone.
a4b25804ed666c21c48be0acdb6083a8b7170e3.jpg

which can be seen in one of the youtube videos posted a few pages back. the angle moves back and forth and in each frame, nothing in the forefoot.

. The free designers who are working on this shoe most likely wanted to stick with what their know, instead of the better solution, forefoot and heel zoom airlike the 04 zt1 had.

free phylon foam in the forefoot.. YIPPIE.

Wally,

I'm not sure if you're being sarcastic about the free phylon foam in the forefoot, but I'm a big fan of the free soles even though I prefer zoom inthe forefoot in most shoes.

I guess you can go either way about zoom vs. free when it comes to the forefoot area. Zoom is going to be more responsive and obviously more cushioned thanfree but if we understand the shoe as simply for "training" the free outsole is going to strengthen the foot and the leg whereas a trainer with zoomin the forefoot wouldn't strenghten as much.

When you are actually performing your sport or activity with your performance shoe (preferably with zoom) you are that much better off.

This is my thinking behind the decision.

peace

Jonas

Jonas, im being somewhat sarcastic as I'm not catching the right signals with Nike about what they are throwing towards this shoe.. I'm just confusedabout its function. It's stated as a rebirth model to the original trainer, which was a gym "cross training" shoe. With that simplistic mentalityentact and knowing full well Nike accomplished that "new birth gym shoe" a few years back, My mentality is still set on Nike doing that same sort ofthing here.

It's true free midsoles strengthen your feet and like you said, you would have stronger feet for when you put on your performance shoe for that specificsport.

I was just under the impression this was a "gym cross training" shoe since its being stated as a new age "air trainer", instead like thesparq line of the past few years, it's becoming clearly apparent cross training does not exist like it used to. Speed and agility drill training is that"new age" form of cross training.

My mind is too simple sometimes... I hear Rebirth of a Classic. I then look at what the classic did and its performance. An assumption is then made that thissame sort of shoe will be created.. The zoom trainer from 04 carried through with that promise to the letter. I was thinking that same sort of trend would beset for this model.

But I would have to agree with further thought into it, that this shoe is more of a new age "SPARQ" trainer, than a cross trainer in the classicalsense. I'm not training for any one sport so this shoe may not be for me, like most free and sparq shoes are not.

Back
Top Bottom