Nike debuts New Air Trainer 1- Set to release 7/1/2009 (aka the manny trainers)

^ Lol, I never quite understood your 'accordion' description. I know now.

At least I know its not just me...

Originally Posted by maxtempo96

it's so worth it in my eyes.too bad i don't have a shot at getting these.suntok sa buwan
Really? $250 for $95 Trainers, a tee, sports tape, muscle bands, belt, eye black tape and a box that's going to serve no other purpose thantake up space in your home? I'm all for cool designs and products but that is no where close to worth it.

Oh and "a punch at the moon"? what the hell???
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by T21D

For those who have purchased ANY of the Trainer 1's, have you all had any fit issues. It's a comfortable shoe for light training, short sprints, light workouts, etc... BUT, beyond that, it's a piece of crap worthy of it's $90 price tag. I went up a 1/2 size up as recommended which was fine, but as I laced up I noticed puckering on the sides and didn't offer a glove like feel that I'm used to. Ventilation is poor as well. I'm just ranting, sorry.
As much as I like the TR1 I would recommend the Edge Trainer. Better in all aspects (in your rant) and currently cheaper. Grab the F&Fcoupon for the outlets and go score a pair. I was able to grab a blk/gry/volt pair on hash for a final price of $10.64. Not bad for a $110 shoe. Full LengthAir is
pimp.gif

vqsm4y.jpg

$250 is so damn laughable ..... the kicks are worth $95 and the rest is worth CRAP. #@$. Seriously .... for damn tape, stupid eye stickers, and some damn tinysweatbands. Not to mention I have to go to NYC on BLACK FRIDAY. Can I just pay Nike to have a rep come to my house and smack me in the nuts with a baseballbat???

It would be less painful.

My Zoom Victory's ARE better a better trainer than the 1's. I've digressed, many have bought this sneaker for looks or team affiliations. Meincluded. Go STEEELERS:stoneface: corwinator3407- even for a 1 million dollars? Somebody from NY hit me so we can split $500,000. I kid, Cor.

BID INCREMENTS ON EBAY F-T-M-F-L.

I set my sniper to 189 and the bid before was 187.50
mad.gif

this was for the Manny trainers btw.

Originally Posted by BigLefty23

Where is the PSU love? I'm sorry I'm a homer for the Nittany Lions, but c'mon. We have the biggest amount of alumni's in the nation!
Who cares about that? Nike chose certain schools to promote the Combat uniforms and those that declined (USC and others) didn't get a shoe.

People complaining about the price tag but if you go to the school and/or an alumni of that institution you would be willing to spend a little more to havesomething special that reminds you of the school.

Originally Posted by Rap Sizzle

Originally Posted by maxtempo96

it's so worth it in my eyes.too bad i don't have a shot at getting these.suntok sa buwan
Really? $250 for $95 Trainers, a tee, sports tape, muscle bands, belt, eye black tape and a box that's going to serve no other purpose than take up space in your home? I'm all for cool designs and products but that is no where close to worth it.

Oh and "a punch at the moon"? what the hell???
laugh.gif
there's a reason why i said in MY eyes browsky.i wouldn't minddropping $250 on the pack as a nice collection piece.

if you translate it word for word it's really not gonna make sense.you have much to learn young grasshopper,it's a saying in filipino which roughlymeans "i gots no shot" you have to be from there to understand
tongue.gif

Originally Posted by mjpit23

$250 is so damn laughable ..... the kicks are worth $95 and the rest is worth CRAP. #@$. Seriously .... for damn tape, stupid eye stickers, and some damn tiny sweatbands. Not to mention I have to go to NYC on BLACK FRIDAY. Can I just pay Nike to have a rep come to my house and smack me in the nuts with a baseball bat???

roll.gif
I swear I LOVE NT.....

Originally Posted by RockDeep

Originally Posted by mjpit23

$250 is so damn laughable ..... the kicks are worth $95 and the rest is worth CRAP. #@$. Seriously .... for damn tape, stupid eye stickers, and some damn tiny sweatbands. Not to mention I have to go to NYC on BLACK FRIDAY. Can I just pay Nike to have a rep come to my house and smack me in the nuts with a baseball bat???

roll.gif
I swear I LOVE NT.....
*#!???
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by heelntoe wit my nyks

Originally Posted by T21D

For those who have purchased ANY of the Trainer 1's, have you all had any fit issues. It's a comfortable shoe for light training, short sprints, light workouts, etc... BUT, beyond that, it's a piece of crap worthy of it's $90 price tag. I went up a 1/2 size up as recommended which was fine, but as I laced up I noticed puckering on the sides and didn't offer a glove like feel that I'm used to. Ventilation is poor as well. I'm just ranting, sorry.
As much as I like the TR1 I would recommend the Edge Trainer. Better in all aspects (in your rant) and currently cheaper. Grab the F&F coupon for the outlets and go score a pair. I was able to grab a blk/gry/volt pair on hash for a final price of $10.64. Not bad for a $110 shoe. Full Length Air is
pimp.gif

vqsm4y.jpg

agreed the EdgeTrainer and Air Edge TR 09 feel way more comfortable to me...

AB the Combat pack (O State in my case) Its a really cool idea but without a "hookup" or living in NYC 250 will turn into 2500 on ebay so I'mjust gonna give up. BTW are these the same as the ones on eastbay for like Florida?
Just got my BO's btw the look really nice but not the comfiest yet hopefully they will soften up.

Fedex dropped of my NY trainers today, at first i thought the size 10 would be to big since I'm normally a 9.5 but after wearing them for a while they fitfine.

Originally Posted by joeysole

^Combat Trainer 1 pack TCU edition sold out before the doors even opened at Mercer this morning..
People walked out with TCU pairs. I wouldn't be surprised if they paid for them before hand and just picked them up today.

Back
Top Bottom