Nike Employee's

Hopefully third times the charm, how flexible is Nike if you have another job?
I have a full time job 8-5 Monday through Friday and they are pretty understanding of that.. I still am able to get 25-30 hours a week at Nike if I want. Just kind of what availibility you provide them with.. The one stipulation is that you must be open all weekend, you must be available. 

As far as the attire for the initial interview I would go safe and go suit and tie but just mix in a cool Nike piece like a jacket to go over your suit and tie.

Suit? Eh. A little too much. I had a button down, chinos and my killshot 2's and was one out of 2 people in my group that got hired (out of 5)

We were all hired as part time under right away as well, not seasonal first which I thought was cool. 

Would family members who are not living at my address be able to use my employee discount/swoosh. I have fam in seattle but I live in New York, wondering if they'd still have access to the benefits

For the initial interview, how about a blazer, joggers and some casual shoes? I would wear my LeBrons but they're kinda scuff up

For the initial interview, how about a blazer, joggers and some casual shoes? I would wear my LeBrons but they're kinda scuff up
I think y'all are overdoing it. I literally wore a white tee, shorts and my flyknit maxes... I'm not sayingdo what I did but I think the suits and blazers are too much. Its low paying retail at an athletic company... they don't expect much.

Just go into it as any interview for a sales position, they're not lookin at what you wear as much as what kinda person you are. That said your best bet is a dress shirt and khakis/slacks. This ain't goldman sachs haha its nike

Would family members who are not living at my address be able to use my employee discount/swoosh. I have fam in seattle but I live in New York, wondering if they'd still have access to the benefits
Yes, but they must be on your list in order to use it. As far as swoosh goes, you can go on your account and invite them to create one, again as long as they are on your list.

Hey I know it's last minute but maybe somebody can help me out.

I have an All Store Meeting tomorrow at 7AM & they never told me the dress code for it, I'm still a new hire & I do paperwork on monday. They informed me that for paperwork I have to be business casual just like my interview, but now I'm confused as to how I should dress for tomorrow. Please help!

Hey I know it's last minute but maybe somebody can help me out.

I have an All Store Meeting tomorrow at 7AM & they never told me the dress code for it, I'm still a new hire & I do paperwork on monday. They informed me that for paperwork I have to be business casual just like my interview, but now I'm confused as to how I should dress for tomorrow. Please help!

Most of the meetings are non-staff dress, unless you work during like my last one my shift was 6-3 and the meeting was 6-10 so i came in staff dress. But this time it's 645-10 then i come back 245-730 so for this meeting its non staff dress and when I come in later its staff dress

It always doesn't hurt to come in basketball shorts and a tee or whatever your staff dress is

Last edited:
Most of the meetings are non-staff dress, unless you work during like my last one my shift was 6-3 and the meeting was 6-10 so i came in staff dress. But this time it's 645-10 then i come back 245-730 so for this meeting its non staff dress and when I come in later its staff dress

It always doesn't hurt to come in basketball shorts and a tee or whatever your staff dress is

Only thing is I don't have a staff dress yet right now. Thinking about just pulling some black nike shorts for it.

If your from the south side of Chicago, summer time violence shouldn't be anything new bro. Sad to say but keep your head on straight and work that outlet ya'll always have fire stuff. I work downtown at Michigan Ave store and still have to deal with the BS. Swoosh life is where it's at though man, don't quit and don't give up because of violence in our community. Good luck!
Was that you that mentioned Niketalk in the store while i was picking up my shattered backboards? I had on my NT hat, lol. seminolesjordan seminolesjordan

Just passed thru my phone interview (screener)  to the group interview .... and I'm curious for those working at an inline store (Niketown) or specifically NTNY how long is rookie camp? .... and how flexible is the scheduling for it? The position is for overnight athlete and since I have a day job with a very fixed schedule (9-5) I am trying to figure out if I would be able to do training if hired. Any insight is really appreciated.

There is no difference, factory stores are outlet stores. Nike was just getting away from the term "outlet" because of what people come to expect. There are clearance stores, factory stores and brand stores, 2 of which are Nike Towns while the rest are just Nike stores.
There is a difference........If you go to a factory store and an outlet store, you`ll see a different in the products they sell.

Like in the outlet thread, alot of folks post pictures from nike outlet locations. if i took pics of what the two nike factory stores here in Saint Louis had, you`d definitely be able to tell which was which.

one example, the factory store still has lowtop Lebron XI in that lime yellow or bright yellow colorway and they are $130. the ONLY size they have them in is sz 11......i mean a TON of them and no other sizes. there was some type of flaw with the sz 11s of that model and color (i was told) so thats why they still have them.

Shoe is over 2 years old, lol.

Factory category:
Factory store Global 1.0-- older fixtures, product not AS premium.
Factory Store Global 2.0--newer fixtures, better product, usually more launches. The difference between the two depends on sales and area.
Community store-- a factory store placed in lower income areas with a focus on stimulating the local economy by providing jobs and running community programs.
Clearance Store: bottom rung. All hash/clearance items with the Cheapest prices of the entire fleet. Gems can be found here because inline stores cannot merchandise a product when there are only a few left, so they send them to these stores. This includes NikeLab and NDC

Inline:
Old Niketowns. Now called Nike *insert city name*
NikeLab
Nike Running
Nike Women

Employee Store:
Only two of these. Inline product at factory prices. Employees and guest passes only

I think I got it all

Last edited:
Yeah thats basically it except NikeTowns are just multi storied stores, theres only 2 (LA and NY) the rest are just the city stores.

Back
Top Bottom