Nike Free Trainer 5.0 TB (3/28/13)

Megawatts just came in from NDC. Snapped a few quick pics with my iPhone, I'll get some better ones after the Phillies game. The 3M is so sick, it travels all the way up the shoe onto the Swoosh. :pimp:

EDIT: See a few posts down for some better natural light pics of the 3M.

Last edited:
Here are some pics of the 3M in natural light (click to enlarge). I can't really catch it in the midfoot area, but its there. :smokin

View media item 442567View media item 442568View media item 442569
Your pics are better. I still dont know. Just looks like random bleach stains
I agree, it does look kinda random. Probably would've been better if the bolts started up around the Swoosh on the toebox, or right at the tip of the gum sole, and branched out from there. I still like it though, really nice imo.

Last edited:
Are you serious? The shoe is called the "MEGA WATT" lol... its got a lightning effect which is pretty cool in person.... :smh:

maybe in person...in photos it looks thrown on as an afterthought. to really make it pop they should have 3M'd the entire toecap and had the 3M lightning bolts extend the length of the shoe.

that lightning looks like paint splatter.. should have been like the blake griffin hyperdunk 5.0 3m

Ordered the n7 pair from an Arizona outlet. They have em for 79.99
480-639-1780

Give em a call if anyone is looking.

Wasn't trying to rustle any feathers, just seemed like you were coming at the guy so I was trying to back up his statements so no worries......just don't forget an instrument in my stomach or something if we ever meet on the operating table
wink.gif

Last edited:
Wasn't trying to rustle any feathers, just seemed like you were coming at the guy so I was trying to back up his statements so no worries......just don't forget an instrument in my stomach or something if we ever meet on the operating table :wink:

Lol true. It was uncalled for. I think I must just be stressed over these Kobes lol. But yeah to me it seemed like he was coming at dude about the lightning when we ALL know what the shoes are and what the 3m is. Anyways my bad man I was out of line

For any of you guys in Northern NJ, the Champs Nike Yardline store in the Willowbrook Mall in Wayne, NJ has the Megawatts in stock. Me and my boy who wasn't able to cop on Saturday took the 2 hour ride there today (and got seatbelt tickets in the process :smh:).They were pretty strict with a 1 pair per customer limit and told us that they have around 10 pairs left. They also had the Shady McCoy Huarache Free Shields in stock, which I was happy as hell about, being from Philly/an Eagles fan, since I missed out on them when they released a few weekends ago.

Champs also tweeted on Tuesday that the Megawatts are still available at their store in the Mall of America in Minnesota but I can't confirm that they still are.

Last edited:
Wish I had a champ sports near me - none even in my state and haven't found a store that will ship to my house.

Last edited:
^ As far as I know they didn't release in any other stores besides the two I listed. The one in NJ has that "Nike Yardline" in it.. Pretty much a FTL/House of Hoops but for NFL gear. The one at the Mall of America just opened and I think it's becoming their flagship store. Phone order is a good idea though you might wanna try calling either of those 2 I listed.

Just found some news about a three new NRG CWs coming July - volt/black/blue.

http://sneakernews.com/2013/06/06/nike-free-trainer-5-0-nrg-volt-current-blue-black/#more-422724

Also a bright orange citrus/volt/black CW -

http://sneakernews.com/2013/06/04/nike-free-trainer-5-0-nrg-bright-citrus-volt-black/#more-422689

And light bone/black/gamma

http://www.titolo.ch/nikefreetrainer50nrgpreorderexpecteddeliveryjuly2013-p-6467.html

For those of you waiting for some bright summer CWs these may be just what you're after.

Last edited:
^ As far as I know they didn't release in any other stores besides the two I listed. The one in NJ has that "Nike Yardline" in it.. Pretty much a FTL/House of Hoops but for NFL gear. The one at the Mall of America just opened and I think it's becoming their flagship store. Phone order is a good idea though you might wanna try calling either of those 2 I listed.
Thanks I tried both - both had my size but no go on the ship to my house.

^ Damn that sucks. Not sure why they aren't accepting phone orders. Maybe give it a week or 2 and try again. What size are you looking for?

Back
Top Bottom