Nike Greater Than Series (Cut/Run/Jump)

Debating grabbing the cut 2 for cheap

Wore kd 15 but my achilles was killing me after a bit. unrelated to the shoes, it was a little sore going in.

My Jump 2's arrived today. Loved the Cut 1s. Cut 2s were disappointing. Jump 1s sat too high on me and I couldn't break them in. I had the Zoom BB NXTs, which were too high off the ground, and was a little worried the Jump 2s would be the same. But they definitely feel lower. Will give them a road test tomorrow night!

The most welcome surprise on these is the the inner red-loop on the plastic eyelets, Looks like it wraps around the heel providing some nice ankle lockdown - something I really found missing in the Lebron XXs I've been playing in recently.

Also really love the tongue on this colourway. Nice 90s feel to em.

GT Cut2-01.jpg

GT Cut2-05.jpg

GT Cut2-15.jpg

GT Cut2-18.jpg
Any feedback and review after playing?

Cut 3 I believe is also releasing late summer early fall.

I just want to see what they look like. Cut 1s were fire, even with the hyper grippy insole issues. Cut 2s I could just never get over how floppy they looked, and the traction looked subpar. Hope the Cut 3s look good at first glance and are performers.

I just want to see what they look like. Cut 1s were fire, even with the hyper grippy insole issues. Cut 2s I could just never get over how floppy they looked, and the traction looked subpar. Hope the Cut 3s look good at first glance and are performers.

I just want to see those GT Hustle's 😩

Hyper grip is an issue? Well that's a first.

I found it to be robust and almost flawless but some courts may cause them problems too maybe

in what ways
I like the cushion better in the 2’s… also the heel isn’t as clunky and that grippy midsole of the 1’s were pretty annoying. Everything else…traction, fit, materials are all mostly a toss up.

Overall I feel the same way about the 1’s that I do the 2’s… fun shoe, but def not worth paying retail for. Sold my 1’s, haven’t looked back since.

The insole gripping your socks and making it an issue to get them on, and causing discomfort, yeah that's a first for me and I've been balling since forever :lol:
thought you were referring to the traction. should have been clear about that.

I like the cushion better in the 2’s… also the heel isn’t as clunky and that grippy midsole of the 1’s were pretty annoying. Everything else…traction, fit, materials are all mostly a toss up.

Overall I feel the same way about the 1’s that I do the 2’s… fun shoe, but def not worth paying retail for. Sold my 1’s, haven’t looked back since.
everything on point. while the cushion is something not preferable, I believe it has more to do with performance preference which I hate and love at the same time with the 1s. the clunky heel though is certainly worth the criticism imo, same as the sticky insert. design and materials wise though is definitely the 1s undeniable appeal.

Any feedback and review after playing?
Had my first run in them last night for a couple hours. I'm 38 years old, so well past any sort of "prime". I definitely enjoyed the ankle lock down more than what I've had in the Lebron XXs and KD 15s. Weight wasn't an issue. Hard to ignore the higher ride, and you naturally give up court feel. That said, I loved the extra cushioning and it did feel bouncy, and I'm sure it will break in more over time. Having played in the Nike Zoom BB NXT, I'd say these don't sit as high and feel a lot more natural (less of a distraction) on the court.

Also, the lower mid cut of these compared to the 1s were really nice. No Achilles cutting/pressure issues at all.

I'm a 12US and went TTS and had no issues with the fit. I'm a wide footer too.

I wouldn't have always picked a shoe with this high profile, but for my circumstances right now, it felt like a winner. Interested to see how it goes over the next month.

Off topic: Does anyone know when your posts stop being moderated? I don't post much, but have been a member since 2017.

Had my first run in them last night for a couple hours. I'm 38 years old, so well past any sort of "prime". I definitely enjoyed the ankle lock down more than what I've had in the Lebron XXs and KD 15s. Weight wasn't an issue. Hard to ignore the higher ride, and you naturally give up court feel. That said, I loved the extra cushioning and it did feel bouncy, and I'm sure it will break in more over time. Having played in the Nike Zoom BB NXT, I'd say these don't sit as high and feel a lot more natural (less of a distraction) on the court.

Also, the lower mid cut of these compared to the 1s were really nice. No Achilles cutting/pressure issues at all.

I'm a 12US and went TTS and had no issues with the fit. I'm a wide footer too.

I wouldn't have always picked a shoe with this high profile, but for my circumstances right now, it felt like a winner. Interested to see how it goes over the next month.

Off topic: Does anyone know when your posts stop being moderated? I don't post much, but have been a member since 2017.
Good stuff. Thanks for the insight. Seems like a similar position with age and play style, but I am not a wide footer. My Achilles has been acting up again and now looking at my rotation. Play at a ****ty court so maybe I do need more cushion than just a full length stroebel. Funny enough wore kd15 and Tatum 1 last night and bright felt good. Bron NXXT before that

Suddenly curious about trying gt cut 2 or these

maybe I do need more
Good stuff. Thanks for the insight. Seems like a similar position with age and play style, but I am not a wide footer. My Achilles has been acting up again and now looking at my rotation. Play at a ****ty court so maybe I do need more cushion than just a full length stroebel. Funny enough wore kd15 and Tatum 1 last night and bright felt good. Bron NXXT before that

Suddenly curious about trying gt cut 2 or these

I'm currently working through some plantar facilities/heel fat pad pain. So the extra cushioning is welcomed for me.

My issue with the Cut 1 and 2 was just the drop-in midsole stability. One time I tried to stop on a dime and I felt the whole midsole slip and my heel smashed into the court, causing the above issues I believe. Part of that is user error, I could have had them laced up tighter, but that slip just made me anxious about them!

I usually like orange shoes. However, I'm not a fan of the various shades of orange and the mosaic print used on those Jump 1s and the Sabrina 1s.

I'm currently working through some plantar facilities/heel fat pad pain. So the extra cushioning is welcomed for me.

My issue with the Cut 1 and 2 was just the drop-in midsole stability. One time I tried to stop on a dime and I felt the whole midsole slip and my heel smashed into the court, causing the above issues I believe. Part of that is user error, I could have had them laced up tighter, but that slip just made me anxious about them!
never happened to me. speaking of, I'll wear my Cut 1s today. wore my 36 and J1 lows yesterday and the Jumps the other day.

Last edited:

The whole midsole slipped? That’s crazy. In the cut 1 or 2?

Hard to imagine that happening in the 1, but I’ve never played in the 2

Back
Top Bottom