Nike Greater Than Series (Cut/Run/Jump)

1690314143559.png
He’s been a sneaker FA right?

If another Cut releasing, the new "hustle" shoe, Kobes coming back, Nike wanting the Sabrinas to be seen as a unisex shoe, and all the other sig models, it will be interesting to see what shoes non-sig Nike athletes choose to wear.

Last edited:
For anyone hooping in the Jump2s, I'd be interested to know if you're getting any irritation or blistering from the second last double eyelet?

I'm wearing quarter to mid high socks, but there's no padding on those double eyelets and it's cutting into my ankle. Nothing some tape/band-aids won't stop, but just wondering if others are experiencing the same?

Well he can start by tying his shoes.

I have the Cut 2's and nothing like that has ever happened to me. And that would happen an any shoe that's not tied correctly.

I like em. I like em alot. I’m big enough that the cushioning compressed well and bounced right back. Traction was killer. Court feel is non-existent but at my age I don’t want to feel court some days - I want to feel cushion, and these are amazing. Laterally I was able to drive and play D as good as always and open floor transition is smooth.
D874A94D-6CFE-432C-AEE4-ABDC047188EF.jpeg

Cut 2s

Ooooof. Like I get it, players have preferences of how they wear their bball shoes, but man, I would’ve probably broken my ankle/foot in this setup.

Also, now I understand what everyone has stated in here about these in terms of the lack of ankle support.

039847E4-CFE2-43AD-9F5E-B7BF7A86256A.jpeg

A47DEDB1-16DA-4C35-B921-60AA8F6ADE03.jpeg
It’s not the ankle support. There are several issues here:

1: the Tongue on the cut 2 isn’t attached at all and I found when I played with them they twisted and turned all over the place.

2: That dude didn’t tie his shoes tight at ALL, I see it all the time at my local gym and high level college play, some dudes lace em up so loose you can slip out of em at half time and back on before second half starts. I personally crank the crap out of my laces in the cut 2 and never had this issue, the tongue would just turn a bit .

1: the Tongue on the cut 2 isn’t attached at all and I found when I played with them they twisted and turned all over the place.

2: That dude didn’t tie his shoes tight at ALL, I see it all the time at my local gym and high level college play, some dudes lace em up so loose you can slip out of em at half time and back on before second half starts. I personally crank the crap out of my laces in the cut 2 and never had this issue, the tongue would just turn a bit .
Agree - I hate movement of ANY kind inside the shoe. No heel slip, not side to side, so I crank them as tight as I can without my feet going to sleep.

Not piling on the cut 2 but rolled my ankle badly in them two months ago. I came down on someone’s foot but I didn’t feel like I was totally secure in them which would have helped (in my estimation). Liked the cushioning and the looks but I ended up having to return them…just wasn’t confident in them after that. Good for shoot arounds but I have my own personal reservations on playing legit games in them. I know many like the performance of them nonetheless. High hopes for the 3’s!

JS”

I like em. I like em alot. I’m big enough that the cushioning compressed well and bounced right back. Traction was killer. Court feel is non-existent but at my age I don’t want to feel court some days - I want to feel cushion, and these are amazing. Laterally I was able to drive and play D as good as always and open floor transition is smooth.
How was break in, if at all? (Upper doesn’t look like it needs it) and weight?

How was break in, if at all? (Upper doesn’t look like it needs it) and weight?
None in the foot or midsole but the ankle was a little stuff. Wore them all day around the house before I played and they are good. The jump plate is flat in these - no midfoot pain like in the 1.

How about stability?

I'd say that the young guys do this more often than us washed ones since they still have that flexible joints that are more resilient to sprains. I remember not lacing up my shoes that tight and rolling my ankles and would just be fine the next game. if that thing happens to me nowadays, I would be out of commission longer.

Back
Top Bottom