Nike Greater Than Series (Cut/Run/Jump)

Here we go…
456A48BD-B10B-4F39-A341-034A3E9900B7.jpeg
I'd wear them casually.

Agree - I hate movement of ANY kind inside the shoe. No heel slip, not side to side, so I crank them as tight as I can without my feet going to sleep.
I feel like a lot of people don’t get their TRUE size either. That can make a world of difference in terms of lockdown

Just a quick look at the beginning of the video at Anthony Black showing a G.T. Cut P.E. (says they're Malik Monk's)

Waiting for discount szn before I try out the Jump 2.

I'm curious to see if/which NBA guys decide to wear them this year. It would probably be disappointing for the brand if it saw as little court time as the first iteration, especially given the stark shift in design. If Jokic hadn't wear the original GT Jump they would've gotten zero attention on social, and they barely got any even with him.

Waiting for discount szn before I try out the Jump 2.

I'm curious to see if/which NBA guys decide to wear them this year. It would probably be disappointing for the brand if it saw as little court time as the first iteration, especially given the stark shift in design. If Jokic hadn't wear the original GT Jump they would've gotten zero attention on social, and they barely got any even with him.

Yeah Jokic and Brittany Griner are the only players that I've seen wearing them.

Got the Jump 2s coming in on Thursday - excited to give them a try. 23mj88 23mj88 and duke40 duke40 seem to have high opinions on em so my interest has been peaked!
Welllll… they are the best cushioning I’ve ever tried. Years and years. My knees and back felt great last night after 4 games. But… they affect my jumper. It’s like I feel the different parts working and instead of rolling off my toes the zoom platform stops my feet. It’s weird and probably overthinking but it is. I feel the compression and then a slight delay on the bounce back, so my timing is off. I’m adjusting.

Stability and traction I had no issues with. I saw someone say they are an ankle sprained nightmare but the forefoot zoom and plate stick out way past the midsole on both sides and the plate running the length really makes lateral stability good. Lockdown is GREAT. Once I get my feel with them they will be nice.

One of the most fun shoes just for the experience though.

Yeah Jokic and Brittany Griner are the only players that I've seen wearing them.
And “big” shoes are famously impossible to market. Feels to me like they’re trying to pivot a bit to fit the slot that Runs did, and then taking the Run/Hustle line down a notch, still in between the Cut and the Jump, but slimmer and faster. Maybe I’m looking into it too far (especially without a full look at the Hustle 2), but that’s my two cents.

Besides, we all love and respect Jokic, but don’t we all dream of (personally) playing a sexier, more athletic style of basketball? That sells.

And “big” shoes are famously impossible to market. Feels to me like they’re trying to pivot a bit to fit the slot that Runs did, and then taking the Run/Hustle line down a notch, still in between the Cut and the Jump, but slimmer and faster. Maybe I’m looking into it too far (especially without a full look at the Hustle 2), but that’s my two cents.

Besides, we all love and respect Jokic, but don’t we all dream of (personally) playing a sexier, more athletic style of basketball? That sells.

You're right.

All the technology involved was wasted on a hightop that no one wears. So they made it a mid and hopefully it sells more.

I'm guessing that's how Nike feels so they made it a mid-cut

And you're right about the Runs, nobody bought those either.

And you're right about the Runs, nobody bought those either.
The difference with the Run is that I think Nike is closer to a sellable idea with them.

I don’t think they did great numbers, but I know there are a number of pros who swore by them last year. In my experience, it was a pretty strange shoe to play in, but maybe they were taking a shot at a maximalist running/basketball shoe hybrid?

The difference with the Run is that I think Nike is closer to a sellable idea with them.

I don’t think they did great numbers, but I know there are a number of pros who swore by them last year. In my experience, it was a pretty strange shoe to play in, but maybe they were taking a shot at a maximalist running/basketball shoe hybrid?

I never got to play in those but the only player that I can think of that wore them was Ben Simmons

1690922744408.gif

Back
Top Bottom