Nike Greater Than Series (Cut/Run/Jump)

To separate from the post above, I'd like to ask you all your opinions of the GT Jump 1 vs 2. Especially you guards out there. I'm a PG, so I'm concerned about losing court feel and quickness but that impact protection could save me from days of recovery after a league game.
Jump 1 is a NAH ! go for the Cuts.

1000002668.jpg

Academy NBY available on nike Australia

Finally got a pair…. Found a refurbished pair this morning at my local outlet. Grabbed them and went straight to the court today
IMG_1130.jpeg

IMG_1129.jpeg

Only got to shoot around in them and play some 21 but so far they seem decent. Best thing I can say about them is that I didn’t find anything wrong with them… but I also didn’t find anything to be that great about them either. Gonna try to use them exclusively for about a week or so and see how they perform after a little bit more of a break in period.

Finally got a pair…. Found a refurbished pair this morning at my local outlet. Grabbed them and went straight to the court today
IMG_1130.jpeg

IMG_1129.jpeg

Only got to shoot around in them and play some 21 but so far they seem decent. Best thing I can say about them is that I didn’t find anything wrong with them… but I also didn’t find anything to be that great about them either. Gonna try to use them exclusively for about a week or so and see how they perform after a little bit more of a break in period.
Wow great price and right through nike. Interested to see how you like

Wow great price and right through nike. Interested to see how you like
Gonna bring them to my Sunday run tomorrow....full court, 2 hour session so I'll post some thoughts when I get done.

One thing I forgot to mention earlier is that nothing about this shoe screams $190... the upper feels kinda cheap, couple of loose strings from stitching or whatnot already and the material is mad thin.

I see what duke40 duke40 meant about this shoe being $120-130 tops.

Been playing in the Jump 2's lately and I am starting to understand why people love this shoe so much, especially ones who are older/have joint issues. And people like me, who's both.

I play mostly as a 2 or a 3, and it has helped me tremendously to keep my knee and ankle pains away. I was kinda concerned at first about them being so high off the and whether or not I would be able stay with my man on defense, but I was concerned for nothing. Of course they take more energy out of you to move around when you compare them to Kobe 4's or something like that but I don't skip leg days so I don't mind :D

Sure they take some time to break in and they are very heavy but comparing these to something like Kobe 1 Protro (which are basically the same weight) there is no comparison which shoe less clunky.

Got these from Nike for a great deal, they were 160€ on sale, had my own 25% birthday coupon and my partner also had an 10% coupon which I also applied to these, ended up paying little under 110€ for these which I consider a steal :smile: if I can get another pair for that price I'm in!

Another run in the GT Cut 3's today, this time I played full court for about 90 minutes... also switched out the stock insoles for Game Day Pros

So a couple of things stood out...
  • Played on a much cleaner court today, and the traction was super tacky and VERY squeaky
  • If I could sum up the Zoom X experience in one word it would be - "smooth"
  • It almost feels like a running shoe that has a high enough cut to make it suitable for bball
  • Shoe is super light
  • Had to retie my laces a few times, they feel pretty cheap honestly... like Nike put it's best cushioning tech in this model and cut corners everywhere else
Overall though, so far so good! Still have more testing to do but if you can find these on sale and don't mind mediocre quality materials then I would recommend giving them a chance

Been playing in the Jump 2's lately and I am starting to understand why people love this shoe so much, especially ones who are older/have joint issues. And people like me, who's both.

I play mostly as a 2 or a 3, and it has helped me tremendously to keep my knee and ankle pains away. I was kinda concerned at first about them being so high off the and whether or not I would be able stay with my man on defense, but I was concerned for nothing. Of course they take more energy out of you to move around when you compare them to Kobe 4's or something like that but I don't skip leg days so I don't mind :D

Sure they take some time to break in and they are very heavy but comparing these to something like Kobe 1 Protro (which are basically the same weight) there is no comparison which shoe less clunky.

Got these from Nike for a great deal, they were 160€ on sale, had my own 25% birthday coupon and my partner also had an 10% coupon which I also applied to these, ended up paying little under 110€ for these which I consider a steal :smile: if I can get another pair for that price I'm in!
My favorite shoe of 2023.

I need another shoe like the jump 2s, cushion wise. I don't want to get another pair due to mine ripping. These lebron 21s just aren't cutting it for a bigger guy like me.

has anyone bought the gt cut 3 in GS sizes? can't tell if they are standard laces or slip on sneakers based on pics/description.

Back
Top Bottom