Nike KD 12

I’m probably in for the black joints. I really wish the 90s Kid still had the green outline for the swoosh. The swoosh kinda gets lost without it.

Wasn't he suppose to debut them against OKC so should be today since he's playing. I wonder if there'll be an early drop on snkrs :nerd: Hopefully not because I won't have my phone from 5-6

EA49AD9A-C403-4B96-BA11-ECFF4361C677.png
How they should have been. Just a preference tho still excited for the mids. This really makes them look like the 360s

I would have preferred they just square off the top, and keep them at ~3/4 mid. The back collar riding up that high from the front end is kinda odd. These are still the best KD since the 7.

These are honestly getting me excited to hoop again. Haven’t been hooping as much lately but I can’t wait to get my hands on these and get to work

EA49AD9A-C403-4B96-BA11-ECFF4361C677.png
How they should have been. Just a preference tho still excited for the mids. This really makes them look like the 360s

Nahhhh.

You Hyperdunk'd them. The hyperdunk lows with the react in them.

I liked your Air Mag/Carolina iteration though. :nthat:

I'm on the fence about the launch colorway. I feel like these in some kind of nice dark grey on discount will be much more pleasing to my sensibilities :lol:.

Hopefully when people start to get their hands on these this release it doesn't end up being a traction calamity of Jordan 31 proportions.

I'm trying to be positive but we're lying to ourselves if you try to dispute that that traction looks tragic.

Hopefully when people start to get their hands on these this release it doesn't end up being a traction calamity of Jordan 31 proportions.

I'm trying to be positive but we're lying to ourselves if you try to dispute that that traction looks tragic.
If the rubber compound is good, shouldn’t be much of a problem.

I mainly play outddor so not to worry about traction pattern, but durability is important to me.

We shall see.

I wonder why they can't get traction right across all basketball sneakers. It just comes down to the material used isn't it??

I wonder why they can't get traction right across all basketball sneakers. It just comes down to the material used isn't it??

It's a little more complicated than that: rubber compound composition is important for sure, but there are also considerations of tread spacing, depth, and pattern to take into account. But yeah, in theory it's not the hardest part of the shoe to get right, and there are plenty of tried-and-true combinations that have been proven over time.

The problem is that designers all too often fall into the trap of letting function follow form. The result is that performance often suffers at the expense of aesthetics, storytelling, superfluousness masquerading as innovation, and all that jazz.

If the rubber compound is good, shouldn’t be much of a problem.

I mainly play outddor so not to worry about traction pattern, but durability is important to me.

We shall see.

Well yeah, that goes without saying as far as the rubber.

Indoor only for me though, so outsole durability isn't too much of a consideration.

Yeah... I honestly think they don't care that much.

The story telling traction patterns are targeted towards the people that buy for casual, which I understand but it sucks for the folks like some of us here who are more driven by performance.

Adidas translucent outsoles are flawless for the most part and lately they've abandoned story telling and just gone straight herringbone and it's been glorious.

Back
Top Bottom