Nike KD 12

I was lucky to of picked up the 90’s kid on original release day, My second wear of them just running shooting drills & getting shots up I strained my calf!!
Not saying it was the shoe. But it scared me off them and when I returned back to court I switched back to other shoes.
Wore them for the first time again for a hour on Tuesday, I’m hoping to break them back out but seeing him go down with a strain too has put the shiits up me.

When I got my pair guys on here asked me to review them after use but as I was hurt for a week to ten days I never did it.

To end with il just say I love this shoe, and I’m not throwing any shade or saying it was the shoe. I’m anxious to get them back on as I really wanna buy a ID I have in my cart.

Dudes will blame shoes before they blame themselves lol. There’s a reason why some athletes are tanks and others are injury prone. (This is of course discounting freak/contact injuries ie. Roberson putting a hole in Westbrook’s face)

This video is good for this topic

Dude will tell you that it is a funny coincidence, IMO Hex Zoom is maybe dangerous.
I wore them yesterday night, tried to choose the size 9 or 9.5 in my house for the umpteenth time and later in the evening, watching TV, i had fallen asleep on the couch i felt again something (without my shoes)(I know it is a fun story) I made a bad moovment with my right heel, and immediatly felt something coming in my calf. The same feeling as when i got my tear calf.
I played an entire game with the KD 12 2 weeks ago, and didn't feel any problem but i wore very thin socks. Yesterday i had thicker socks.
2 Solutions, the hex zoom is dangerous (33 has a hex zoom too) or the fact that the shoes is too much tight and make a big pressure on the arch of the foot, and It blocks the calf.
I'm not a scientist and i hate being right, just a few ideas but this time you can agree, there is a big link.
I do have biomechanics issue but if i had played with another shoes than my 33 this day, trust me, nothing would have happened to my calf.
Imagine Durant played with his 11.

Last edited:
No dude. No.

I made a bad movement with my right heel, and immediatly felt something coming in my calf. The same feeling as when i got my tear calf.

That’s why you got hurt boss. Not the shoes. If shoes could cause these kinds of injuries they’d come with and injury disclaimer/waiver so companies couldn’t be held liable lol. Come on man.

What a coincidence... KD injures his calf and suddenly NOW other people had calf injuries in the shoes too

This is like the Lebron 11’s where everyone said how comfortable they were, then when Lebron stopped wearing them people were saying they were uncomfortable

What a coincidence... KD injures his calf and suddenly NOW other people had calf injuries in the shoes too

This is like the Lebron 11’s where everyone said how comfortable they were, then when Lebron stopped wearing them people were saying they were uncomfortable

No man, it was with my 33, and 33 have a hex zoom. And g-time, it was 1 hour after wearing my KD's! I know it is biomechanics, but there is something man.
3 guys, me, lukeskywalker, and Durant.
I hope i'm wrong, and i hope you are right because i love so much the KD's, maybe Iggy and some other Warriors players don't have Biomechanics issues, but maybe Biomechanics + Hex zoom increase the phenomen tear calf!

No man, it was with my 33, and 33 have a hex zoom. And g-time, it was 1 hour after wearing my KD's! I know it is biomechanics, but there is something man.
3 guys, me, lukeskywalker, and Durant.
I hope i'm wrong, maybe Iggy and some other Warriors players don't have Biomechincs issue, but Biomechanics + Hex zoom = tear calf!

So you weren’t even wearing your shoes when it happened, yet it’s the shoes??? :sick::smh:. Stop. Just stop it.

So you weren’t even wearing your shoes when it happened, yet it’s the shoes??? :sick::smh:. Stop. Just stop it.
I understand it doesn't help me to endorse my position.
And Aldridge or Conley didn't have issues with the 33.
But imagine again, KD's with the 11.

Wore my Cement 3s today, and as I was walking to work, a basketball flew above the cage at one of the courts at a school I pass by everyday. Some kid asked me to throw the ball back. I decided to do something better. Put my bag down and took a running start. Next thing you know, I took off from the free throw line. Cocked the ball back. Boom. Easy dunk. Glad I wore my 3s to work instead of those KD 12s. Might have strained my calf on my way to work and would have needed to call an Uber.

kd12SU19_v1.png kd12SU19_v2.png kd12SU19_v3.png
Debating if I should make the outsoles black or just keep them white, what do you guys think?

Last edited:
Wore my Cement 3s today, and as I was walking to work, a basketball flew above the cage at one of the courts at a school I pass by everyday. Some kid asked me to throw the ball back. I decided to do something better. Put my bag down and took a running start. Next thing you know, I took off from the free throw line. Cocked the ball back. Boom. Easy dunk. Glad I wore my 3s to work instead of those KD 12s. Might have strained my calf on my way to work and would have needed to call an Uber.
:rofl:

Back
Top Bottom