Nike KD 15

With all the shoetuber slander, what's your YouTube channel name? I can't wait to see what your performance review video since you're a real "hooper like that"

[Hear a song on the radio]
Damn, this song sucks
but can you create a better song

:lol:

Idk why you keep referring to highlight reel YT vids as if I mentioned any? :lol:

Im not asking for a free throw line dunk. All im asking if a review from someone who doesnt do this for a layup.

D35FBD67-97A1-4020-B09D-BB99BB787FC1.jpeg

Is this so much to ask? :sick:

Im not asking for a free throw line dunk. All im asking if a review from someone who doesnt do this for a layup.

D35FBD67-97A1-4020-B09D-BB99BB787FC1.jpeg

Is this so much to ask? :sick:

He’s testing the shoe and focusing on everything from the knee below, his skill level isn’t the focus.

He runs sprints, jumps and plays basketball in the shoes and gives us his evaluation.

I hear what you’re saying but I’m not sure if an elite level athlete will be able to give us a better breakdown of a shoe.

He’s testing the shoe and focusing on everything from the knee below, his skill level isn’t the focus.

He runs sprints, jumps and plays basketball in the shoes and gives us his evaluation.

I hear what you’re saying but I’m not sure if an elite level athlete will be able to give us a better breakdown of a shoe.

If a better hooper can articulate a video then yes it would be better. You can talk a good talk, make a good video but ultimately if you arent that great (relatively speaking) at the sport youre making a review about (shoes) then how credible is this review actually?

If I wanna see how good a video game is, am I gonna take the opinion of a casual gamer with the same weight as someone who plays video games for a living? It applies to so much other things than shoes.

This guy is a foot doctor, so objectively his review has merit to it, im being an *** saying its a trash video. But im also being a buck when I say that video has a limit to it since dude aint even a hooper like that.

23mj88 23mj88 looks like he hoops. With that alone im gonna weigh his opinion on said shoe review more than Dr. FloaterLayup and Yugioh guy.

Yall making it seem like im saying something crazy off the wall. :lol:

Last edited:
If a better hooper can articulate a video then yes it would be better. You can talk a good talk, make a good video but ultimately if you arent that great (relatively speaking) at the sport youre making a review about (shoes) then how credible is this review actually?

If I wanna see how good a video game is, am I gonna take the opinion of a casual gamer with the same weight as someone who plays video games for a living? It applies to so much other things than shoes.

This guy is a foot doctor, so objectively his review has merit to it, im being an *** saying its a trash video. But im also being a buck when I say that video has a limit to it since dude aint even a hooper like that.

23mj88 23mj88 looks like he hoops. With that alone im gonna weigh his opinion on said shoe review more than Dr. FloaterLayup and Yugioh guy.

Yall making it seem like im saying something crazy off the wall. :lol:

When a person is stubborn and has their mind made up, there’s usually nothing that can be said to change that person’s opinion.

Usually.

Regarding video games. I would value the opinion of a person who designs video games that isn’t that good at them just like I would the opinion of a person who plays video games good.

Just like I’d value the opinion of a tire designer informing me what tire is good for specific cars.

No matter how good of a driver they are.

1654532705250.gif

When a person is stubborn and has their mind made up, there’s usually nothing that can be said to change that person’s opinion.

Usually.

Regarding video games. I would value the opinion of a person who designs video games that isn’t that good at them just like I would the opinion of a person who plays video games good.

Just like I’d value the opinion of a tire designer informing me what tire is good for specific cars.

No matter how good of a driver they are.

1654532705250.gif

Talk about stubborn alright.

I guess every single player in the professional sports that gets told which shoes are good for them from their equipment manager should hit up the best at their respective sport?

anyone got KD's number? i gotta know what he thinks before i buy the 15's.

Funny how people are getting defensive :lol:

are you dudes projecting your own games?

Peoples feet are already different.

You're giving advice on kicks, when they aren't quick, can't jump over a phone book and have little game. It matters to some people.

Ja Morant and Chris Paul might prefer different things in kicks, because their games are different.

Funny how people are getting defensive :lol:

are you dudes projecting your own games?

Peoples feet are already different.

You're giving advice on kicks, when they aren't quick, can't jump over a phone book and have little game. It matters to some people.

Ja Morant and Chris Paul might prefer different things in kicks, because their games are different.

I’m definitely not projecting because I’m better than all of you…

Combined

1654545723768.gif

I’ll say this and leave it at that and then let’s get back to the kicks themselves.

I take what he has to say about feet and shoes serious and how they work together because that’s his profession and I value his opinion. But the buck stops there for me with him.

If your not playing games of 3 on 3 or 5 on 5 and actually testing them out in that manner then what are you doing.

A jump height test, traction test and running and cutting in them is not sufficient.

Again, I love his videos for what he provides about the anatomy of the foot and how it works with that specific shoe, Oh and of course it’s cool to see them cut in half.

That’s it. What’s he testing them for? 3-5 hours. IMHO you need to ball in a shoe for 25-30 hours to see how it breaks down, if stuff starts failing etc. the rest is all smoke.

I hope it's obvious you should take anybody's opinion as just a consideration. Trust me as a big-footer/wide footer, I know how tough it is to acquire shoes and sometimes you need a good opinion to know what to spend your money on.

Every piece of data you get should inform your decisions, but only you know how your feet react to shoes, what kind of player you are, what injuries you have or are trying to avoid, where your conditioning is at, what surface courts you have access to at the moment, and who you're playing with or against.

No one reviewer can be good, because no one reviewer can tell you all those things and how they stack up for your own situation.

I watch some of them for views of the shoes, for info about the materials, for descriptions of how they performed for them, discussions of the shoes versus other shoes, and take what I know about each one and decide for myself. I also typically look at what NBA players are wearing, and not just the superstars. Even that is iffy because you don't know what kind of insoles or other modifications they made to their own setups. Like everyone and their mother knows by now that the Kyrie 4 Lows are terrible with no cushion, but those things are ubiquitous in the nba. Derrick White is in the finals playing in those, and there are 2 or 3 players on most teams who play in those. So how does that square with all of the rest of us trashing that shoe.

I'll give you 4 recent examples.
The 36, the KD 14, the MB.01s and the Kyrie 8s.

First started hearing about pinky issues from some of the reviewers. That's what got me with the 36s (mid & low both).

The KD 14s were pretty popular with bball heads generally and you could see a lot of different players in college wearing those, and of course some nba guys. That cushion was legend across the online spaces and got good reviews. I have wide feet and have yet to make a KD shoe work, despite having bought like 4 different models of em. the 14 is the latest casualty. Played 2 separate runs in em and they did well and I felt okay, but the 3rd time I went to shoot in them, had knee issues. That's what doomed the laying-in-my-closet-catching-dust KD13s. So you'd think I would have those same issues in something like the Kyrie 6, which was widely heralded as a YOU BETTER GO UP AT LEAST A HALF SIZE model. I did that and it didnt work, but TTS does. Wore those all last summer in multiple sports. Wore the tread off and now on a 3rd pair :lol:

The MB..01s got rave reviews from reviewers and users and are tough to find. I ended up with a couple colorways and have played in one, and they aren't terrible, but the ankle part has been restrictive for me, so I haven't been wearing those either, but next time I do I think I'm going to lace them one loop lower.

I've seen people on here say the Kyrie 8s are some of the best shoes they've played in. I grabbed a PF pair cause obviously, wide-foot-lyfe, but what has disappointed me most in these peter-pan joints, is the cushion. There isn't any. And folks were adamant that I must have a bad pair, but I just don't believe it.

Here's where reviewers come in. Multiple reviewers (I think one was marchkes or whatever, another was nightwing) noted that the Kyrie 5 Low cushion setup is technically more minimal than the 8s, but feels better than the 8s. That confirmed my real world wears of them, and to the back of the closet they went.
Just watch the reviewers and know their m.o. You don't even have to say the names. If you watch the reviewers, you know who they are.
  • One person says almost every shoe is "so comfortable!"
  • One person criticizes nearly every shoe, and almost never ever gives an actually positive review. Best you get is mixed.
  • One person does performance reviews but while you see their feet leave the ground and a bunch of on foot shots, you never actually see them shooting.
  • One person might be the best hooper of the active shoetubers and even dismissed the weight of some lebrons and said it's their fault they couldn't dunk with them on, but they haven't done reviews that I've seen recently.
  • One person applies power tools to treads and uppers to test durability without having to play in the shoes for months on end but still get a sense of performance.
  • One person can hoop and has shown it, but does almost exclusively just looks at the aesthetics of popular releases, throwing a shoe in the air with one hand and catching it.
Every bit of info you get, just take it for what piece of info you need to inform your decisions to purchase, and hope for the best. Everybody has their own mix of shoes and purchase decision points. Have fun yall.

Last edited:
I hope it's obvious you should take anybody's opinion as just a consideration. Trust me as a big-footer/wide footer, I know how tough it is to acquire shoes and sometimes you need a good opinion to know what to spend your money on.

Every piece of data you get should inform your decisions, but only you know how your feet react to shoes, what kind of player you are, what injuries you have or are trying to avoid, where your conditioning is at, what surface courts you have access to at the moment, and who you're playing with or against.

No one reviewer can be good, because no one reviewer can tell you all those things and how they stack up for your own situation.

I watch some of them for views of the shoes, for info about the materials, for descriptions of how they performed for them, discussions of the shoes versus other shoes, and take what I know about each one and decide for myself. I also typically look at what NBA players are wearing, and not just the superstars. Even that is iffy because you don't know what kind of insoles or other modifications they made to their own setups. Like everyone and their mother knows by now that the Kyrie 4 Lows are terrible with no cushion, but those things are ubiquitous in the nba. Derrick White is in the finals playing in those, and there are 2 or 3 players on most teams who play in those. So how does that square with all of the rest of us trashing that shoe.

I'll give you 4 recent examples.

The 36, the KD 14, the MB.01s and the Kyrie 8s.

First started hearing about pinky issues from some of the reviewers. That's what got me with the 36s (mid & low both).

The KD 14s were pretty popular with bball heads generally and you could see a lot of different players in college wearing those, and of course some nba guys. That cushion was legend across the online spaces and got good reviews. I have wide feet and have yet to make a KD shoe work, despite having bought like 4 different models of em. the 14 is the latest casualty. Played 2 separate runs in em and they did well and I felt okay, but the 3rd time I went to shoot in them, had knee issues. That's what doomed the laying-in-my-closet-catching-dust KD13s. So you'd think I would have those same issues in something like the Kyrie 6, which was widely heralded as a YOU BETTER GO UP AT LEAST A HALF SIZE model. I did that and it didnt work, but TTS does. Wore those all last summer in multiple sports. Wore the tread off and now on a 3rd pair :lol:

The MB..01s got rave reviews from reviewers and users and are tough to find. I ended up with a couple colorways and have played in one, and they aren't terrible, but the ankle part has been restrictive for me, so I haven't been wearing those either, but next time I do I think I'm going to lace them one loop lower.

I've seen people on here say the Kyrie 8s are some of the best shoes they've played in. I grabbed a PF pair cause obviously, wide-foot-lyfe, but what has disappointed me most in these peter-pan joints, is the cushion. There isn't any. And folks were adamant that I must have a bad pair, but I just don't believe it.

Here's where reviewers come in. Multiple reviewers (I think one was marchkes or whatever, another was nightwing) noted that the Kyrie 5 Low cushion setup is technically more minimal than the 8s, but feels better than the 8s. That confirmed my real world wears of them, and to the back of the closet they went.

Just watch the reviewers and know their m.o. You don't even have to say the names. If you watch the reviewers, you know who they are.
  • One person says almost every shoe is "so comfortable!"
  • One person criticizes nearly every shoe, and almost never ever gives an actually positive review. Best you get is mixed.
  • One person does performance reviews but while you see their feet leave the ground and a bunch of on foot shots, you never actually see them shooting.
  • One person might be the best hooper of the active shoetubers and even dismissed the weight of some lebrons and said it's their fault they couldn't dunk with them on, but they haven't done reviews that I've seen recently.
  • One person applies power tools to treads and uppers to test durability without having to play in the shoes for months on end but still get a sense of performance.
  • One person can hoop and has shown it, but does almost exclusively just looks at the aesthetics of popular releases, throwing a shoe in the air with one hand and catching it.

Every bit of info you get, just take it for what piece of info you need to inform your decisions to purchase, and hope for the best. Everybody has their own mix of shoes and purchase decision points. Have fun yall.

All those problems with all of those models of shoes?

I hate to be the one to tell you, but it’s your feet Bro

1654554212398.gif

All those problems with all of those models of shoes?

I hate to be the one to tell you, but it’s your feet Bro

1654554212398.gif
Bruh you don't know the half. The kangaroo foot, bigfoot, yeti jokes have been going on since high school :lol:

The 34s worked well for me. Love the Freak 1s. Ball in the Why Not 0.3 ses and a bunch of the One Take I's & IIs. Balled in the original Jordan 4 military blues and Jordan 11 Concords. But I didn't get them thinking they were anything but dope shoes from MJ. Jordan is who inspired me to be able to dunk. So I have my own needs with shoes. Gotta have cushion for all the bounce, but can't be clunky like the Lebron line, or it'll weigh me down. Curry 2s were my go to for a long time and I went through 6 or 7 colorways of those outside. When I lived in Philly I balled in some Kobe 5s at a few outdoor parks downtown and some in the burbs.

So I definitely feel like each person has to watch with their own lens! I love shoes though. I have way too many pairs :emoji_laughing:

Still waiting to see how my Freak 3s do outside, as well as the Zoom Separates. I'm mad the Curry 8 and 9 and "flow" in general don't work for me because my feet are big enough but I'm quick enough that if I make a move, the shoes hit each other and its a mess.

I don't have high hopes for the 15 but Imma try it anyway. The Luka 1s hold the most promise for me because they look light and they're lows. Shoes are probably my vice. I'm not in the clubs or drinking or smoking and all my other hobbies are free on purpose. So I'm just in here all the time talmbout shoes :emoji_sweat_smile:

Bruh you don't know the half. The kangaroo foot, bigfoot, yeti jokes have been going on since high school :lol:

The 34s worked well for me. Love the Freak 1s. Ball in the Why Not 0.3 ses and a bunch of the One Take I's & IIs. Balled in the original Jordan 4 military blues and Jordan 11 Concords. But I didn't get them thinking they were anything but dope shoes from MJ. Jordan is who inspired me to be able to dunk. So I have my own needs with shoes. Gotta have cushion for all the bounce, but can't be clunky like the Lebron line, or it'll weigh me down. Curry 2s were my go to for a long time and I went through 6 or 7 colorways of those outside. When I lived in Philly I balled in some Kobe 5s at a few outdoor parks downtown and some in the burbs.

So I definitely feel like each person has to watch with their own lens! I love shoes though. I have way too many pairs :emoji_laughing:

Still waiting to see how my Freak 3s do outside, as well as the Zoom Separates. I'm mad the Curry 8 and 9 and "flow" in general don't work for me because my feet are big enough but I'm quick enough that if I make a move, the shoes hit each other and its a mess.

I don't have high hopes for the 15 but Imma try it anyway. The Luka 1s hold the most promise for me because they look light and they're lows. Shoes are probably my vice. I'm not in the clubs or drinking or smoking and all my other hobbies are free on purpose. So I'm just in here all the time talmbout shoes :emoji_sweat_smile:
Based on the info you provided your feet are truly 1 in a million. I wish you luck!!! Def not easy to find pairs that work

Respect and it sounds like you have good luck with other shoes, just not the ones that everyone else says are good! :rofl:

Hopefully the Luka 1’s work for you and let us know what else works for you!

I take what he has to say about feet and shoes serious and how they work together because that’s his profession and I value his opinion. But the buck stops there for me with him.

If your not playing games of 3 on 3 or 5 on 5 and actually testing them out in that manner then what are you doing.

Pretty much what ive been saying. Aint such a crazy idea now is it folks? :lol:

Have you looked into custom orthotics? I highly recommend them if you get them covered through some sort of insurance, but even if you don't, $400 to last you a few years might take some wear and tear off your feet and make you feel better. There's a reason why so many guys in the league use them.. and also the reason why PJ is able to ball in some absurd shoes that he has no business putting on the court in 2022.

Only issue with them is you can't use them with shoes that have a drop-in midsole.

Personally, I can’t take a shoe review serious if they don’t slice their shoe right through the middle 😆

That would be hilarious if shoetubers did that and returned the sliced pair to Nike 😂

^ agreed, the first couple colorways look really good to me.

Haven't been this excited about a basketball shoe in awhile!

I wonder when we are going to see the KD15 on NBY….it’s also weird that they are still dropping KD14 CWs close to the release date of the 15

Back
Top Bottom