Nike KD 15

He’s a doctor, not a wanna be YouTube athlete for the theatrics.

His reviews give more insight to how a shoe is built than anyone else.

All jokes aside but I just cant take a basketball shoe review from someone who doesnt hoop like that. Its like taking advice from a fat person. Or since hesna doc another example, would I rather take fitness advice from a doctor or someone who actually works out.

All jokes aside but I just cant take a basketball shoe review from someone who doesnt hoop like that. Its like taking advice from a fat person. Or since hesna doc another example, would I rather take fitness advice from a doctor or someone who actually works out.

i get what you're saying but it's not like he's out of shape. his main sport is tennis and tennis has the same movements as basketball (side to side, running, quick stops, etc). he's a doctor first and foremost and not every shoe is built for every foot. he actually breaks down which shoes work for what foot type which is the most important thing rather than "oh those look cool" or "i like that cushioning setup" which we were all guilty at some point when we were young and wanted THAT shoe. but as time goes on and the more rec league mileage we get on our legs, our bodies don't work the same.

for me, i have high arches and he said the jordan 36 wouldn't work for me but the kyrie 8 would based on my anatomy. i got the kyrie 8 and with custom orthotics (something he also recommended, which i get for free so why not) has been a breath of fresh air for my 33 year old legs. i can play for 3-4hours straight with minimal rest and no pain, discomfort or anything whereas when i play in other shoes i'm done in less than an hour due to pain and i can't walk the next day. even at my age and wear and tear on my body (first responder working long hours, night shifts, etc) i'm still able to perform at a decent level and keep up with these young bucks in my area.

so yes, from my experience with his opinion and medical expertise, i'll take his word over everyone else on youtube at this time. i'm not saying his opinion is the end all, be all, of shoe reviewers. find what works for you. i've found what works for me and recommend his videos to people. it could be luck that i found a great combo that works for me (kyrie 8 and orthotics) or maybe it's the science behind his opinion. he said the kd15 works for all feet type, so we'll see what happens when i get a pair.

you do you though

i get what you're saying but it's not like he's out of shape. his main sport is tennis and tennis has the same movements as basketball (side to side, running, quick stops, etc). he's a doctor first and foremost and not every shoe is built for every foot. he actually breaks down which shoes work for what foot type which is the most important thing rather than "oh those look cool" or "i like that cushioning setup" which we were all guilty at some point when we were young and wanted THAT shoe. but as time goes on and the more rec league mileage we get on our legs, our bodies don't work the same.

for me, i have high arches and he said the jordan 36 wouldn't work for me but the kyrie 8 would based on my anatomy. i got the kyrie 8 and with custom orthotics (something he also recommended, which i get for free so why not) has been a breath of fresh air for my 33 year old legs. i can play for 3-4hours straight with minimal rest and no pain, discomfort or anything whereas when i play in other shoes i'm done in less than an hour due to pain and i can't walk the next day. even at my age and wear and tear on my body (first responder working long hours, night shifts, etc) i'm still able to perform at a decent level and keep up with these young bucks in my area.

so yes, from my experience with his opinion and medical expertise, i'll take his word over everyone else on youtube at this time. i'm not saying his opinion is the end all, be all, of shoe reviewers. find what works for you. i've found what works for me and recommend his videos to people. it could be luck that i found a great combo that works for me (kyrie 8 and orthotics) or maybe it's the science behind his opinion. he said the kd15 works for all feet type, so we'll see what happens when i get a pair.

you do you though

Sounds like too much science and analyzing the shoes construction rather than just playing in it and getting a real feel. I rather listen to someone who balls quite a bit and is decently good. You gonna take fitness advice from the average looking dude at the gym or the dude thats built like a tank?

you do you though

He’s a foot doctor who speaks about the science, construction and who the shoe’s good for.

I trust dude’s word because he knows what he’s talking about.

Basketball sneaker reviews in general is impossible to please everyone cause basketball has too many positions/playing styles.

On the other hand a running shoe reviewer can easily run in a sneaker for 50 miles and cover all running styles/purposes for the shoe.

With that said I enjoy every sneaker reviewer on YouTube and skim all their videos when it’s a shoe I have interest in. If I don’t have any interested in a shoe I won’t watch the video no matter how good the reviewer is.

Sounds like too much science and analyzing the shoes construction rather than just playing in it and getting a real feel. I rather listen to someone who balls quite a bit and is decently good. You gonna take fitness advice from the average looking dude at the gym or the dude thats built like a tank?

i think you're being a little narrow minded tbh. just because someone has an upgraded layup package for their cherry picked highlight reel for youtube doesn't make them a better reviewer.

if we're going by your logic then every single doctor's opinion that works for any professional club is immediately dismissed because they've (likely) never played professional sports in their life.

i think you're being a little narrow minded tbh. just because someone has an upgraded layup package for their cherry picked highlight reel for youtube doesn't make them a better reviewer.

if we're going by your logic then every single doctor's opinion that works for any professional club is immediately dismissed because they've (likely) never played professional sports in their life.

Idk why you keep referring to highlight reel YT vids as if I mentioned any? :lol:

Docs deal with medical stuff, you can have a podiatrist help you with foot problems, give insoles blah blah but they arent giving no damn SHOE PERFORMANCE reviews, cmon now.

Sheesh!! Crazy battle going on about who’s the best! It’s true there isn’t a ton of good content out there.

I like his videos for what they are. He’s a foot doctor and talks about the benefits about shoes for your foot, how it’s shaped etc. if you think he’s putting the shoes through it’s paces for 30-40 hours your punch drunk. He’s wearing them for a few hours and putting the review together.

I started doing performance reviews lately because there just isn’t a ton of great ones being put out and I have a passion for tech that dates back to the 90s and I love breaking a pair down. Mine may not be the best but I’m constantly trying to tweak things and it’s coming from someone that’s played the sport at almost every level over 25 years.

Again, I like his reviews for what they are but in a basketball sense I take it very lightly as the guy just can’t put them through their paces in real game like moves and scenarios because he’s literally running around hucking the basketball at the backboard.

Last edited:
Sheesh!! Crazy battle going on about who’s the best! It’s true there isn’t a ton of good content out there.

I like his videos for what they are. He’s a foot doctor and talks about the benefits about shoes for your foot, how it’s shaped etc. if you think he’s putting the shoes through it’s paces for 30-40 hours your punch drunk. He’s wearing them for a few hours and putting the review together.

I started doing performance reviews lately because there just isn’t a ton of great ones being put out and I have a passion for tech that dates back to the 90s and I love breaking a pair down. Mine may not be the best but I’m constantly trying to tweak things and it’s coming from someone that’s played the sport at almost every level over 25 years.

Again, I like his reviews for what they are but in a basketball sense I take it very lightly as the guy just can’t put them through their paces in real game like moves and scenarios because he’s literally running around hucking the basketball at the backboard.

Hes actually bringing useful info instead of the other million guys who just tap each section of the shoe and tell you what color it is.

Hes actually bringing useful info instead of the other million guys who just tap each section of the shoe and tell you what color it is.
I agree. Those reviews are pointless I get it. His info is great especially in regards to what it’s doing in conjunction with the foot.

If you’re not 7’5, 0.1 percent body fat, run a 1.9 second 40, bench 1700 pounds 1200 times, have a 160 inch vertical, shoot 98.7 percent from three, 101% from the free throw line and chose not to play in the NBA because you were too good and they paid you to stay away then I’m not watching your videos either.

1654378641546.gif

If you’re not 7’5, 0.1 percent body fat, run a 1.9 second 40, bench 1700 pounds 1200 times, have a 160 inch vertical, shoot 98.7 percent from three, 101% from the free throw line and chose not to play in the NBA because you were too good and they paid you to stay away then I’m not watching your videos either.

1654378641546.gif
Love it. 😂😂😂😂😂👌🏼🗑

Nightwing/Weartesters and the Foot Doc guy are the only sneaker channels I watch anymore.

If I want to see an on-foot or something I pull up whatever is there and mute it.

1654378641546.gif

NT extremes. :pimp:

picasso swerve picasso swerve is like those old baseball heads that thought Billie Bean was a dumb *** :lol:

Baseball. :sick:

I rather watch that docs KD review video over and over again than a baseball game. :lol:

All im saying is, id give more merit to a basketball shoe review from an actual hooper. Dont gotta be a pro or this and that but a HOOPER. Its actually not that crazy of an idea here. :lol:

Baseball. :sick:

I rather watch that docs KD review video over and over again than a baseball game. :lol:

All im saying is, id give more merit to a basketball shoe review from an actual hooper. Dont gotta be a pro or this and that but a HOOPER. Its actually not that crazy of an idea here. :lol:
I understand. It would be more ideal if he could actually hoop. He’s still the best imo which says a lot about what he brings to the table.

I feel the same way about baseball. Boring. Money Ball is actually a good movie though. You should check it out. These old scouts thought they knew better than nerds and at the end of the day the nerds were proven to be right.

Not a perfect metaphor here but it’s good to be open about things and not so closed minded…

I’m sure you’ll dismiss this too, do you.

I understand. It would be more ideal if he could actually hoop. He’s still the best imo which says a lot about what he brings to the table.

I feel the same way about baseball. Boring. Money Ball is actually a good movie though. You should check it out. These old scouts thought they knew better than nerds and at the end of the day the nerds were proven to be right.

Not a perfect metaphor here but it’s good to be open about things and not so closed minded…

I’m sure you’ll dismiss this too, do you.

Im being overly harsh on the video, its better than the Yugioh kid video with more info. But I just cant give it a full pass cause dudes not a hooper like that.

Its like would I take car advice from someone who watches a bunches of YT car reviews, reads Motortrend articles etc or take advice from someone who actually does car reviews. Same for the fitness idea, take advice from the casual gym goer who researches whats the best exercises, supplements, routines etc or take advice from the swole gym rat? Not perfct examples but along those lines.

Back
Top Bottom