Votes: 1 10.0%
  • .5 Size Down

Votes: 3 30.0%
  • 1 Size Up

Votes: 1 10.0%
  • 1 Size Down

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
So you mean to tell me Stephon Marbury wasn't playing in $15 Starburys forreal either?

That is kinda low if Nike is pushing the product as being one thing but giving the player another setup.
Uhhh... He was exaggerating? He's mad because He knows how much it costs to produce shoes because he too was at some point in his life, designing and selling them. The point is still clear, shoes don't sell for their production costs. You mega high on something if you think that those 225 Jordans really cost 225 to make.

And that kinda low thing about Nike selling something to the people and then players getting more? That's business. That's part of the deals they make. They have endorsers, right? I don't think anyone would wanna buy some shoes of some guy who got injured wearing those shoes. The best way you can keep a player healthy and visible to the buyers is by keeping them on the floor hence, hooking them up with the best tech.

You can look it up in Google about someone getting a hand of some player edition Kyrie Zoom Hyperdunks and finding out they had full-length Zoom and everyone else didn't.

Sorry for the OT post.
Kyrie uses full length zoom insoles on his Kyrie 2s aswell ..but pro athletes getting better tech in a certain item or items isnt anything new though. Just wish we could get the same for the retail versions..at least for people that do play a team sport.

Nike used to always put the best tech in their signature bball shoes but no longer does...which yes is business but disappointing to see as a long time consumer

The problem is that people nowadays will buy anything regardless of tech or lack of tech

Last edited:
Kyrie 1 and 2 is already a comfy sneaker. I can only imagine how plush they are with full ZM tech.

Kyrie's Kyrie 1's has/had a carbon fiber plate too.

Kyrie 1 and 2 is already a comfy sneaker. I can only imagine how plush they are with full ZM tech.

Kyrie's Kyrie 1's has/had a carbon fiber plate too.

Stop it man, the kd8 have full lenght zoom and theyre harder than a mug. Im tired of people saying zoom makes them comfy. It doesnt.

Stop it man, the kd8 have full lenght zoom and theyre harder than a mug. Im tired of people saying zoom makes them comfy. It doesnt.

Zoom in its purest form is an awesome cushioning experience. I can remember back in the day Nike outlets use to have a zoom cushioning pad at the front entrance of the store. You could take your shoe off and step directly on the zoom pad. Man it fell like ypur foot melting in a bed of comfort.

Its all in how Nike incorporates the zooom cushioning in there shoes. The KD8 has an articulated zoom cushioning setup. The problem is the little bumpers on the outer midsole prohibits the full functionality of zoom tech which makes it hard to compress under load. Depending on your weight, when playing ball, the zoom might not feel present either. Since KD is on the heavier side he might demand a more firm setup (which he might love). I remember trying on the 8's and felt no bounce or spring from the zoom. If im not mistaken, i heard the Olympic KD9 had a full length max unit because the zoom was too squishy. Im not sure how true it is.

Nevertheless, if the zoom setups were encapsulated they would feel much more like zoom cushioning should feel. The zoom bags are placed inside the shoes and the midsole is encapsulated around it.

Even with all this said all zoom bags are different. The thickness, the placement, and even the bags psi can effect how and zoom reacts. For an example the Lebron X (full length Zoom) bags differ from the Lebron X elites. They added more gas to the elites too make the firmer: Via Wear Testers review on youtube.

I will say this regarding the KD8, they need time to break in. Initially they do feel stiff as hell. But after a few wears (casual wears at that), you will most def get that forefoot and heel bounce. And its a noticeable bounce as well. It will change your thoughts on the shoe once that kicks in. I got the 4th of July pair last summer for half off and I wasn't feeling it at first. But once that bounce kicked it I definitely started wearing them more and looking at getting more pairs.

^
Never happened for me even after 6 months of having them and I only wear thin socks.
Impact protection is there but the whole sole felt hella stiff the whole time.
Probably the worst shoe I ever owned.

^
Never happened for me even after 6 months of having them and I only wear thin socks.
Impact protection is there but the whole sole felt hella stiff the whole time.
Probably the worst shoe I ever owned.

Problem with me and shoes is in 6 months depending on if i really like the shoe, I'll probably wear it four or five times. I just have so many pairs of shoes. All my shoes still feel snug and new when i wear them. The only shoe i never had to break in to feel that instant zoom cushioning was my Nike Zoom Flight 96s. I dont wear them much but when i do they are mad comfy. They came with a tensile zoom air unit.

Last edited:
The shoe looks heavy AF.
I doubt it is though based on how cheap and flimsy his past models have been(5 ^, never really F'ed with earlier models)

The 8's looked super sexy in pics, first time I had them in hand I was like 'I don't think they could make these cheaper than what they did'

You all ready know  
laugh.gif

Back
Top Bottom