NIKE KOBE VI PROTRO - 2021

Kobe’s were hitting outlets up until the end of January. I bought two pairs of Kobe 1 Protros for $50 each. I’ve probably said this before but it bears repeating lol.

I’m about to settle for some Kobe Icons.
I mean, God rest Kobe's soul...but there's a big difference between kobe 5 chaos, bLs, and grinch 6 and kobe 1s

I do think him not bring here anymore has caused an up tick in all things love being a little more hyped...but those 5s and this 6 would've sold like booty anyway. Imo

I could be totally wrong about this but one thing that might make these drop in price is that it’s a bright green basketball shoe, which doesn’t have widespread wearable appeal like the Bred 350s or Mocha 1s. People will surely drop retail for the Grinches but how many people are going to drop 500 on a bright green basketball shoe other than hardcore fans and people who have a lot of money? It isn’t 2010 anymore, most people aren’t wearing basketball shoes casually and a bright green basketball shoe at that. The Yeezy Quantum was sitting around 7-800 before release day, was very hard to get on release day and limited, and slowly but surely it dipped to just above retail. Will the Grinch go to just above retail? No, but I don’t think a dip to 320-350 is out of the question once pairs come in, I think A LOT of people bought these to flip.

Last edited:
I could be totally wrong about this but one thing that might make these drop in price is that it’s a bright green basketball shoe, which doesn’t have widespread wearable appeal like the Bred 350s or Mocha 1s. People will surely drop retail for the Grinches but how many people are going to drop 500 on a bright green basketball shoe other than hardcore fans and people who have a lot of money? It isn’t 2010 anymore, most people aren’t wearing basketball shoes casually and a bright green basketball shoe at that. The Yeezy Quantum was sitting around 7-800 before release day, was very hard to get on release day and limited, and slowly but surely it dipped to just above retail. Will the Grinch go to just above retail? No, but I don’t think a dip to 320-350 is out of the question once pairs come in.
Exactly my thoughts.

I could be totally wrong about this but one thing that might make these drop in price is that it’s a bright green basketball shoe, which doesn’t have widespread wearable appeal like the Bred 350s or Mocha 1s. People will surely drop retail for the Grinches but how many people are going to drop 500 on a bright green basketball shoe other than hardcore fans and people who have a lot of money? It isn’t 2010 anymore, most people aren’t wearing basketball shoes casually and a bright green basketball shoe at that. The Yeezy Quantum was sitting around 7-800 before release day, was very hard to get on release day and limited, and slowly but surely it dipped to just above retail. Will the Grinch go to just above retail? No, but I don’t think a dip to 320-350 is out of the question once pairs come in.

The thing is a lot of people are buying this to collect now, not wear. So wearability is not really that big of a factor for these.

The thing is a lot of people are buying this to collect now, not wear. So wearability is not really that big of a factor for these.
Coupled with the fact a lot of the cats now “hold” **** on purpose waiting for resale to go up

look at the blue fury dunk. Resellers were buying that dunk up for when resell shot up..... it never did and they were taking losses.

Ready for tmrw, merry Xmas and happy holiday NT fam
FC274C02-C2B6-4DBD-9BE9-259FA69A3BC0.jpeg

I remember Xmas 2011 when they retro'd the concord 11 again...the rumor was less than 100k pairs. At the time, that was considered a GR. There was so much ruckus and destruction after that release that eventually, for the holiday 11, production was speculated to be in the millions by the time the 72-10s came around.

I say this to show that Nike had the power to fix the issue. They chose not to.

I can understand off white and Travis Scott releases being limited.

However, for this release and others like OG air max 1s etc to not be readily available is just crazy.

I mean, Nike got it right with the am90 infra release Fwiw. No excuse to fumble this release as bad as they did.

Not sure where folks are getting these bogus release numbers from. Nike has NEVER ever ever given out release numbers...EVER.

Excluding numbered editions of course (1 of xxxxx)

Any numbers posts, theories etc etc is just pure opinion and speculation. <<<< fact not opinion
CHARLES MATHEWS STOCK NUMBERS ARE ALWAYS RIGHT , my discord homies vouch for him

I think you could say that for people that are long time Kobe fans but the younger crowd that grew up on Lebron, Curry and KD don’t have the same emotional, nostalgic connection to these. I think a lot of people bought these to flip, while a lot of long time Kobe fans were left empty handed.

I could be totally wrong about this but one thing that might make these drop in price is that it’s a bright green basketball shoe, which doesn’t have widespread wearable appeal like the Bred 350s or Mocha 1s. People will surely drop retail for the Grinches but how many people are going to drop 500 on a bright green basketball shoe other than hardcore fans and people who have a lot of money? It isn’t 2010 anymore, most people aren’t wearing basketball shoes casually and a bright green basketball shoe at that. The Yeezy Quantum was sitting around 7-800 before release day, was very hard to get on release day and limited, and slowly but surely it dipped to just above retail. Will the Grinch go to just above retail? No, but I don’t think a dip to 320-350 is out of the question once pairs come in, I think A LOT of people bought these to flip.
It will be back below 400 for sure. Not even for any of the reasons you said...although I did think you have valid points.

The resale market is basically the same for almost every coveted release...

1. Before release, there's an artificially high value placed on said sneaker.

2. As pairs are shock dropped, resell dips.

3. Release happens

4. People miss out and go straight to resell market elevating the price.

5. Price stays high until most of the pairs shipped are received.

6.Price dips.

7. As pairs dry up, prices slowly rise.

The key is, if you miss at retail, wait until #6.

Last edited:
^^^ where were you at??? i was at home that day
At the local mall trying to cop. Watching folks get deebow'd for there spot in line. Seeing the doors get ripped off the hinges. Watching patent cry because they could get either the release altogether or, the right size.

A few years before it happened even worse with the cool grey 11

This is in L.A./socal

It will be back below 400 for sure. Not even for any of the reasons you said...although I did think you have valid points.

The resale market is basically the same for almost every coveted release...

1. Before release, there's an artificially high value placed on said sneaker.

2. As pairs are shock dropped, resell dips.

3. Release happens

4. People miss out and go straight to resell market elevating the price.

5. Price stays high until most of the pairs shipped are received.

6.Price dips.

7. As pairs dry up, prices slowly rise.

The key is, if you miss, wait until #6.

Agreed. However there are always exceptions to this, some shoes will never be cheaper than they are before release and or just after it. Depending on stock level and wearability. Like another poster said, these are not a highly wearable shoe for most ppl. However, its more than a shoe and a colorway. It's a piece of NBA history of a player near and dear to a lot of people's hearts. Bred 350's, Mocha 1's, they're just colorways. No history to them and no nostalgia.

So while the price on these is set to come down to an extent, it will surely stay pretty high and pretty consistent.

Agreed. However there are always exceptions to this, some shoes will never be cheaper than they are before release and or just after it. Depending on stock level and wearability. Like another poster said, these are not a highly wearable shoe for most ppl. However, its more than a shoe and a colorway. It's a piece of NBA history of a player near and dear to a lot of people's hearts. Bred 350's, Mocha 1's, they're just colorways. No history to them and no nostalgia.

So while the price on these is set to come down to an extent, it will surely stay pretty high and pretty consistent.
100 on this right here....

Back
Top Bottom