NIKE KOBE VI PROTRO - 2021

38101ADD-38DC-4725-AC92-13641DD39BD4.jpeg

first pair came in! Super happy! Went true to size, I have narrow feat!

regarding the new today about Kobe leaving Nike etc. I really dislike how it seems to blow up now, that Shervin guy should have just kept it in the closet after Kobe's tragic death! I do not know him, but I can not understand it at all, it will not help him in any way, there is a reason why people say rest in peace, now there is no peace and just wide speculations!

I am a Nike guy first, started way back with my first infant shoes being Nike's, I still have them today by the way. Basketball for me was always Nike, since they made the best products, when Kobe moved to Nike and had his own line, I became a Kobe fan as well, I never cared for his Adidas shoes, I tried them on, but they did not do it for me.

Kobe will forever be linked to Nike, in my opinion his greatest memories were created while he was with Nike, 81 points, MVP, the 2 titles and Finals MVP's with him being the team's leader and not a side kick, inconic Sneaker nicknames (Grinches, Carpe Diem's you name it) and most of all his Black Mamba/ closer persona.

Jordan fans want to buy the shoes he wore while he was active and it is the same with Kobe. The Protro line is so Kobe and of course it was sad to see that releases become less after the XI's although I must say that I liked the AD theme, that was also something that would only work with Kobe. Same goes with apparel, it was only Mamba Day and 8/24 UNDFTD that saw apparel releases and only selected stuff and for example no shorts.

We will never know if Kobe really wanted to leave Nike or if they were working on a more extensive collaboration and a Kobe brand, but one thing is for sure Nike, Kobe and his achievements will forever be linked and nobody can take that away!

I honestly would have not cared for Mamba shoes, he simply did not play in these.

Although he always said that he would never unretire, for some reason I would have loved a comeback from him for just the 19-20 season and finish with ring number 6 and then call it a day, that sad day in January would have probably never happened. I think I wrote that already in an older post though.

RIP Kobe!

This pic of the 6s and 10s together from IG almost makes me not want the Protro 6s anymore.

9C9CBED6-CD3C-4951-91CC-67EA6873EDCD.jpeg

I’ll still probably get them though lol

This pic of the 6s and 10s together from IG almost makes me not want the Protro 6s anymore.

9C9CBED6-CD3C-4951-91CC-67EA6873EDCD.jpeg

I’ll still probably get them though lol

For real. The more pics I see the more significant the difference becomes. Still gonna get a pair too because I want grinches again and the og is stupidly over priced but cmon Nike how could you do this 😂

OGs will separate anyway. At this point they aren’t even worth it.

If they were same price as protro it would be a thought cause you can reglue them but im not spending 1k and then some to do that. Who’s buying these at that price? They don’t showcase well for a collector the sole is dehydrated piss colored at this long.

they were selling for $520 early yesterday on SX for sz 11.5

today selling for $430-$440

pairs have barely been shipped and price will continue togo down!
That’s a pretty big drop on that size. Size 9 ain’t letting off at 380-390 and everyone on offer wants nothing less than 400

These things are already dropping. Most SNKRS pairs aren't even in hand and now China just got their release. C'mon, these are clearly gonna come down. It's not a super wearable color and Christmas is over
This is a Xmas release, but a great summer shoe as well. Imo

For real. The more pics I see the more significant the difference becomes. Still gonna get a pair too because I want grinches again and the og is stupidly over priced but cmon Nike how could you do this 😂

I'm glad I pulled the trigger on the "Coal Hearted" iDs first instead. History aside, what Kobe actually wore, etc., the Xs look a lot more wearable and easier to my eyes at least.

lol, everytime I peep in here to see the next color to drop, I read something absolutely comical. This thread delivers.

I feel like nike actually showed kobe's line a lot of love. Plenty of packs and special colorways. If anything, it was just Nike basketball in general that was on a big decline and that goes for any of the signature athlete. Even limiting kobes and other player's line wasn't enough to revive nike basketball hype. Bringing back Protros before Kobe passed is another step towards showing his line some commitment. Unless Kobe specifically wanted the newest tech and innovation on his future nikes that most people weren't even going to buy any more because he wasn't playing in them.

Maybe that's why the Kobe 4 "protros" were not true protros. Nike sensed an end to the relationship.

Folks really think struggling people are going to drop their stimulus check on a pair of Kobe's huh? Ok
I know it’s a different amount but with the $1200 and unemployment early on SOME where out here balling sooo who knows a lot of these new resellers have stories of using that 1200 to start reselling

Now it’s not gonna be everyone but some are gonna use it what’s it for but if you are working rn and “don’t need” it’s extra cash to spend/save invest etc.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom