NIKE KOBE VI PROTRO - 2021

It’s important to note that the statement also mentions kids sizes, which tells me that Nike wasn’t willing to expand the line. A major part of Kobe’s legacy is that of, “girl dad” with Gigi, Natalia, Bianka, and Capri.

Not having his shoes available in sizes that most young girls wear, is a problem.
Despite what Nike has said, they’ve used his shoes to build hype. Increase the numbers, even if temporary.

They had the 8&9 coming up. You're telling me all of those would have sat?

Last edited:
The Kobe 4 protro sat besides the limited ones. Most of the Kobe 1 protro's sat, including the 81 point. They had to be a collab and limited to sell out.

Suddenly Kobe tragically dies and the Kobe 5, 6 and everything Kobe besides _stephen.p_ _stephen.p_ Fury become in demand.

How would Nike be able to determine this in a year? Increase production how many, they're a company a large one at that. There's not exactly a blueprint or past history they can go by.

I don't see how some of you are blaming Nike. Resellers are the ones buying up sneakers so you can't buy them decreasing the available pairs and then selling them back to you. That all star was being sold for what a $20 or $30 profit in a lot of sizes before yesterday? Resellers wouldn't have cared about them before this. Grinches would have probably been the only ones hard to get.

That's why I think this a marketing ploy by Vanessa to increase her leverage by getting public support on her side to get what she wants from Nike.
When did Nike release their statement. I dont think it is as much marketing.... I def feel they knew she was going to express her sentiments about the non renewal.

It’s important to note that the statement also mentions kids sizes, which tells me that Nike wasn’t willing to expand the line. A major part of Kobe’s legacy is that of, “girl dad” with Gigi, Natalia, Bianka, and Capri.

Not having his shoes available in sizes that most young girls wear, is a problem.
Despite what Nike has said, they’ve used his shoes to build hype. Increase the numbers, even if temporary.

They had the 8&9 coming up. You telling all of those would have sat?

Exactly has someone who came into NB around the heyday of the LBJ / KOBE / KD days. I was ecstatic looking forward to Protro 8 & 9s especially a potential release of Sulfur’s.

This is about leverage and Nike has all of it. The company is unbelievably profitable and consistently makes high-level correct decisions.

Exactly. Not gonna make an impact if they never make another Kobe again. Only ones who lose out are the fans.

This is about leverage and Nike has all of it. The company is unbelievably profitable and consistently makes high-level correct decisions.
Do you think that the right decision is to not profit from the death of a celebrity? The demand for his shoes only increased due to his death.

This feels like Mama want

Nike makes business decisions not personal ones. We as consumers hate it but the higher ups at Nike think with share holders in mind and not with emotions.

I can bet that this had all do with V, and Kobe before he passed wanting more control and expanding the Mamba brand like Nike has done with Lebron and before him MJ. IMO, it wasn't about the money it was more about the Bryant family wanting the Mamba line to be more than just retro releases.

It was untimely that Kobe died but I have a feeling that it would have ended the same way if he hadn't passed. You could really see it coming as initially all of his Mamba apparel he was selling was Swoosh branded but then later, right before he passed the apparel was without a Swoosh.

The Kobe 4 protro sat besides the limited ones. Most of the Kobe 1 protro's sat, including the 81 point. They had to be a collab and limited to sell out.

Suddenly Kobe tragically dies and the Kobe 5, 6 and everything Kobe besides _stephen.p_ _stephen.p_ Fury become in demand.

How would Nike be able to determine this in a year? Increase production how many, they're a company a large one at that. There's not exactly a blueprint or past history they can go by.

I don't see how some of you are blaming Nike. Resellers are the ones buying up sneakers so you can't buy them decreasing the available pairs and then selling them back to you. That all star was being sold for what a $20 or $30 profit in a lot of sizes before yesterday? Resellers wouldn't have cared about them before this. Grinches would have probably been the only ones hard to get.

That's why I think this a marketing ploy by Vanessa to increase her leverage by getting public support on her side to get what she wants from Nike.

People can certainly make the argument that things were not that limited before his death but the point is that within whatever was proposed, they were not happy with what Nike was going to give them in terms of production numbers. Within this new proposal, they could have said talked about increased production. But there are certainly more factors in what happened and we still don't know anything. I still think Nike is making a mistake by letting Kobe's legacy go.

Yall keep saying

Where does it say she wants a billion dollars bro
“Nike, sources said, had presented an extension offer that was not in line with expectations of an ongoing "lifetime" structure similar to the Nike Inc. contracts held by both Michael Jordan and LeBron James.”

“Nike, sources said, had presented an extension offer that was not in line with expectations of an ongoing "lifetime" structure similar to the Nike Inc. contracts held by both Michael Jordan and LeBron James.”

Lol again where does it say she said she wanted a billion?

I'm gonna keep it a buck. If I died I'll be damned if a company I'm at odds with makes more off my legacy than my family.

People are so entitled now and days. There were clearly reports that have surfaced that Kobe was on his way out the door at Nike. Maybe, just maybe they could've turned things around but it's unlikely.

So what if Vanessa can't start another Mamba line, she already incredibly rich. Her family and her kids are in a place where if they dont like the deal they can simply turn it down. I get that fans may not love that but why should she make pennies when Nike is making billions off of her dead partner.

Even if this is just a leverage tactic, give her what she wants or kick rocks Nike. Sorry not sorry.

Nike is a billion dollar company , that's had this thing figured out for decades.

I don't think they should mass produce Kobes. It just doesn't make sense from a long term standpoint.

We don't like to admit it, but we want what we can't have.

Name the last LeBron shoe you "had to have"
Name the last Kyrie, KD, PG you had to have

We don't want them cause they're too easy to get

Let Nike come out and say that they'll only release 2000 LeBrons over his next few releases!!! Hype train !!

I don't blame Nike. It's just wack
My statement wasn't made to debate the effectiveness of the "hype machine" nike created.

My statement was about being honorablele and doing the right thing.

But to answer your question I "had to have" the LeBron 8 hwc retro. To mention kD, kyrie, or pgs line in the same breath as the kobe and LeBron line is just silly.

Anyone know how I can restore these?

20210420_104520.jpg
20210420_104512.jpg
20210420_104502.jpg

🖕🏿 to the person who 4x the price of purple fade 8s after this announcement.
Greed is a terrible drug man.

It's kind of another reason I'd be cool if they end the line. I feel for fans who couldn't get products but people are in this thread heartbroken knowing that all Nike would've done is continue to drop limited products that will be scooped up by bots and resellers, then resold to real fans for a markup.

Even if it's a ploy at least Vanessa is publically saying up the production.

Back
Top Bottom