NIKE Kobe VIII PROTRO - 2023

Yeah so not 2013 lol. If just going by model, yeah we could say every model hit discount technically since they each had at least 1 cw hit outlets. but if we‘re talking every single CW of all 11 models, it was not “the most part”

Lol sure man. It’s not that deep. There have been others who have said as much throughout the other Kobe threads. This isn’t new.

shoes sat back then because stockx didn't exist and there were hardly any resellers. the resellers that did exist couldn't move product as easily on ebay or craigslist so it wasn't lucrative to them.

now a days, everyone wants to be a reseller because tiktok showed them how "easy" it is, so you're not just fighting a few people with bots as you would 10 years ago, you're fighting thousands of people with bots who are putting in requests at the 10s of thousands the split second a drop is put in to get shoes. there are people who spend a lot of money or a lot of hours of coding on bots and don't get ANY product. however, it's still lucrative for them to try because they've made more money than any of us could imagine just on other releases.

social media is the cause of this. everyone wants quick cash, no one wants to be a productive member of society. this is why you see everyone trying to be a realestate agent, crypto guru, day trader, etc, however a lot of these people are failing at high rates and going back to their old jobs.

the next recession is going to be very painful but very important for the health of our society.. just be patient and don't give in to resellers.

Lol sure man. It’s not that deep. There have been others who have said as much throughout the other Kobe threads. This isn’t new.
All im saying is kobe 8s didnt sit bro. You agreed but then said most kobes sat in 2013. but the kobe 8s released in 2013 lol

when others say it, we’re talking about specific CWs like for the Vs the laker aways and the USAs sat hard on hash walls for 50 bucks. But that wasn’t the majority of Vs.

A lot of kobes sat but a ton more did not. Like if 10 CWs sat, the other 40 did not.

All im saying is kobe 8s didnt sit bro. You agreed but then said most kobes sat in 2013. but the kobe 8s released in 2013 lol
I was speaking of Kobe’s in general like most others in here have. You brought up the 8s. There were some 8s that didn’t sit long, but there were others that did hit disco. That’s what I was saying.

I was speaking of Kobe’s in general like most others in here have. You brought up the 8s. There were some 8s that didn’t sit long, but there were others that did hit disco. That’s what I was saying.
This is true. I got 2pr each of the Kobe 1 asg and 81pt for $39.97, and 3or carpe for $59.97! Then Kobe passed and prices and demand went up!

Well what else could i be talking about if i said 2013 and we’re in the 8 thread lol. some, but not the majority bro. Like if 10 cws sit but the other 40 do not, yes 10 is a lot but its not the majority and this applies to other models as well before the 8s

Now Protros were a different story, those i’d agree with you that most sat hard esp due to the price hike and lackluster colorways.

Last edited:
But we were also talking about Kobe’s in general. I got numerous 8s on disco in 2012-2013 when the 8 released. Did some move relatively quickly? Yes. There were numerous colorways that sat here and I’m in Houston, where stuff was flying here.

But we were also talking about Kobe’s in general. I got numerous 8s on disco in 2012-2013 when the 8 released. Did some move relatively quickly? Yes. There were numerous colorways that sat here and I’m in Houston, where stuff was flying here.

which ones bro. I’m being pedantic but i’m willing to bet it wasn’t “the majority” of the 8s.

The only ones I can remember never saw hit disco here in Houston were the All Stars (which flew here with the game being played here that year), the BHMs (which were the best shoe of that whole pack), Xmas, gradients, and maybe the pythons. Pythons did here but could never find my size.

We talking small disco or deep disco? How about blue glows, sulfurs, blitz blue, easter, YOTS, venice, milk snakes. I don’t remember any of those hitting disco either.

Last edited:
I don’t really remember 8s on discount. My memory was nike made a lot of them in limited GR quantities to where you could cop not too hard especially with Foot locker stock locates…. Then they’d dry up, but the colorways kept coming and coming

The only ones I can remember never saw hit disco here in Houston were the All Stars (which flew here with the game being played here that year), the BHMs (which were the best shoe of that whole pack), Xmas, gradients, and maybe the pythons. Pythons did here but could never find my size.
I’d agree except for the Pythons. I think the Venice Beaches also moved. WT. Mambacurial. Otherwise, you could buy them a few weeks or months later. I always bought them day one. I’d try to get the military discount. Easter’s we’re a weird one too. I remember only being able to cop an 11 on RD (half size down from my TTS).

I think they restocked on kb24 or rando Europe site.

Some raffle links for ya'll:

According to the social media account @DailySNKRSStock, only 47,249 pairs of the Nike Kobe 8 Protro 'Halo' have been produced. For context, that is only a slight increase from the approximately 40,024 pairs of Nike Kobe 4 Protro 'Mambacita' that were released in limited quantities in May 2023.

If the rumored numbers are accurate, that is a drop in the bucket compared to the over 500,000 pairs of the Air Jordan 1 High 'Lost & Found' sneakers produced in 2022 (and all those sneakers sold out within seconds online.)

As someone who loooved the 8s and had almost every CW, I gotta keep it 100 and just admit that I really don't care. It's a lazy protro and even lazier CW.

Nike knows exactly what they're doing. If all the people who truly wanted these got them, the rest would end up in outlets or in the hands of customizers.

Back
Top Bottom