Nike Kyrie 5

998C8C3B-C4EA-4AF3-A186-4AA60F1D63D8.png
THERES a shirt that goes with em too

Played 2 games in the 5's. The first game was good, the court was fairly clean.

I was a bit hesitant to really plant, cut etc. at full speed, just because I don't trust the shoe yet. Having said that, traction was excellent (even squeaked), lock-down laterally was great. I still had an issue with a bit of heel slip, well not really heel slip, but the upper ankle isn't as locked down as the Kyrie 3. I think it's due to the shoe still conforming to my foot. The top of the shoe also started to dig into the top of my ankle - again I think break-in problems. I

2nd game was better still, court was clean. Only issue is that heel/slip top of the shoe not being as locked down as the 3. I wish they had an extra eyelet. Hell if the problem doesn't go away, I may even drill a hole myself lol..

I'll keep updating as I go on.

So far though the shoe has been solid. I have been balling in the 360 NXT which is next to nothing (in a good way) so the 5's are quite bulky/stiff and will take some time to adjust.

For the folks that actually hoop in their basketball shoes... I know a lot of you read/watch the most well known reviewers. But have you guys seen this dude The Hoops Geek site?

He basically created a sight that aggregates all of the major reviews and creates average scores and summaries for each category (traction, cushion, fit etc) so that you don't have to sort through bad wordpress pages and mind numbingly long and crappy Youtube videos. But also if you want to he provides links to the reviewer's sites.

It's kind of the best thing ever and after recently stumbling across this I never have to watch or listen to some Youtuber's corny intro music or anybody's wife talking behind the camera again.

Definitely worth your time if you care about performance reviews and are trying to gauge things before buying. Oh and he also alerts you when shoes are eligible for discount codes which is pretty cool too.

https://www.thehoopsgeek.com/shoe-reviews/

For the folks that actually hoop in their basketball shoes... I know a lot of you read/watch the most well known reviewers. But have you guys seen this dude The Hoops Geek site?

He basically created a sight that aggregates all of the major reviews and creates average scores and summaries for each category (traction, cushion, fit etc) so that you don't have to sort through bad wordpress pages and mind numbingly long and crappy Youtube videos. But also if you want to he provides links to the reviewer's sites.

It's kind of the best thing ever and after recently stumbling across this I never have to watch or listen to some Youtuber's corny intro music or anybody's wife talking behind the camera again.

Definitely worth your time if you care about performance reviews and are trying to gauge things before buying. Oh and he also alerts you when shoes are eligible for discount codes which is pretty cool too.

https://www.thehoopsgeek.com/shoe-reviews/
Yeah it is pretty awesome. Been checking it over everything else lately.

My “Kentucky” IDs came in today. Love em... Quick shot from earlier, will try to post better pics/on feet soon.

F63805F3-C720-455F-B235-847038CB4D50.jpeg

Are XDR outsoles still an option for ID's? I'm going to be forced to hoop on an outdoor court for a couple of months and I'm not tryna destroy my ikhets.

Wearing Oregon 5s?

Attachments

• gettyimages-1130581760-1024x1024.jpg
    gettyimages-1130581760-1024x1024.jpg
    255.2 KB · Views: 20
  • gettyimages-1130581908-1024x1024.jpg
    gettyimages-1130581908-1024x1024.jpg
    293.3 KB · Views: 18
Back
Top Bottom