Votes: 11 2.9%
  • SLH V2

Votes: 1 0.3%
  • Any PS/V3 colorway

Votes: 1 0.3%
  • Lows

Votes: 20 5.3%

• Total voters
Yep! Experienced that today! It’s crazy annoying especially when I wear my SB’s and SJ’s and they don’t do it. Really has me looking at the Gym Red’s and thinking HARD about the Lakers…

I waited a long time to make this post 😂
Was BLESSED to cop locally and retail at that but, I remember 10 years back I couldn’t.

*Story Time*

I remember like it was yesterday it was release date of the South Beach LeBron 8.
I remember seeing pictures of them and asking myself what in the world am I going to wear with these shoes? Lol
I woke up maybe 6am but took my time getting ready even went back to sleep because the mall didn’t open until 10…..(HORRIBLE MISTAKE)
When I got to the mall champs/footlocker was all sold out but footaction had a run left. I take a small walk and seen them on the wall and was prepared to buy two pair. Biggest size they had was 10.5 which I knew was too snug.
One of the employees said we’re not supposed to do this but I’ll sell you my personal pair for $250 I looked at him like he was crazy and said I’ll cop elsewhere. At the time that just seemed wild. I wasn’t about to pay extra for “LeBrons” that were clearly on the wall.
🤦🏽‍♂️🤦🏽‍♂️🤦🏽‍♂️
A Little time goes by I remember checking Solecollector Marketplace and the resell was about $550 I’m like bruh whaaaat? Whhhhyyyyy

Wish I would’ve copped those 10.5s and flipped them to get my size.

About two years go by and I’m working at Amazon and one of my co-workers came in and I mean as we all know this shoe POPS with the pink laces. Hell even without them. I’m gazing in aw like man why are you wearing those to work?
He messed them up a bit slightly faded and a few creases. I’m like how much? He’s confused like huh?
I ask how much does he want to sell them for? I was prepared to spend roughly 300+ for them. He said he can’t come up with a fair price since they were worn. He clearly wasn’t into shoes was just able to get a pair. He said he’d be into trading pairs. I knew the Concord was our favorite shoe and I just so happen to have a pair from a recent trade that year.

So that was it….I traded him the Concords for South Beach LeBrons straight up. Got on Angelus to buy some paint. Made another terrible mistake buying south beach paint. The hues were off. The correct color was filament green which they made for a limited time.
The tricky thing about the south beach LeBrons is that the colorway was painted on. So once you got them dirty or scuffed they needed to be repainted.
While the pair was ehh on it way to semi beat I wore them with pride.

I made an IG post 6/8/20 that was the day the sole started to separate and said I hope it’s a good chance we’re able to get a retro soon.
Exactly 1 year and 2 days later…….was able to cop a fresh pair.
while I haven’t made my mind up if I will restore the OG or just cop multiple pairs of the retro since resell is dropping.
The Nike LeBron VIII South Beach is in my top 10 favorite shoes of all time.

D19DE4EC-8380-4086-9A63-171B0C82193A.jpeg
174484F6-AB78-49A0-9737-97E556271D4B.jpeg
2A8068C9-D3E7-4D4B-B89D-AE39627CD2C3.jpeg
8F4131E0-06B6-4E69-846A-33027DEC10C5.jpeg

I waited a long time to make this post 😂
Was BLESSED to cop locally and retail at that but, I remember 10 years back I couldn’t.

*Story Time*

I remember like it was yesterday it was release date of the South Beach LeBron 8.
I remember seeing pictures of them and asking myself what in the world am I going to wear with these shoes? Lol
I woke up maybe 6am but took my time getting ready even went back to sleep because the mall didn’t open until 10…..(HORRIBLE MISTAKE)
When I got to the mall champs/footlocker was all sold out but footaction had a run left. I take a small walk and seen them on the wall and was prepared to buy two pair. Biggest size they had was 10.5 which I knew was too snug.
One of the employees said we’re not supposed to do this but I’ll sell you my personal pair for $250 I looked at him like he was crazy and said I’ll cop elsewhere. At the time that just seemed wild. I wasn’t about to pay extra for “LeBrons” that were clearly on the wall.
🤦🏽‍♂️🤦🏽‍♂️🤦🏽‍♂️
A Little time goes by I remember checking Solecollector Marketplace and the resell was about $550 I’m like bruh whaaaat? Whhhhyyyyy

Wish I would’ve copped those 10.5s and flipped them to get my size.

About two years go by and I’m working at Amazon and one of my co-workers came in and I mean as we all know this shoe POPS with the pink laces. Hell even without them. I’m gazing in aw like man why are you wearing those to work?
He messed them up a bit slightly faded and a few creases. I’m like how much? He’s confused like huh?
I ask how much does he want to sell them for? I was prepared to spend roughly 300+ for them. He said he can’t come up with a fair price since they were worn. He clearly wasn’t into shoes was just able to get a pair. He said he’d be into trading pairs. I knew the Concord was our favorite shoe and I just so happen to have a pair from a recent trade that year.

So that was it….I traded him the Concords for South Beach LeBrons straight up. Got on Angelus to buy some paint. Made another terrible mistake buying south beach paint. The hues were off. The correct color was filament green which they made for a limited time.
The tricky thing about the south beach LeBrons is that the colorway was painted on. So once you got them dirty or scuffed they needed to be repainted.
While the pair was ehh on it way to semi beat I wore them with pride.

I made an IG post 6/8/20 that was the day the sole started to separate and said I hope it’s a good chance we’re able to get a retro soon.
Exactly 1 year and 2 days later…….was able to cop a fresh pair.
while I haven’t made my mind up if I will restore the OG or just cop multiple pairs of the retro since resell is dropping.
The Nike LeBron VIII South Beach is in my top 10 favorite shoes of all time.

D19DE4EC-8380-4086-9A63-171B0C82193A.jpeg
174484F6-AB78-49A0-9737-97E556271D4B.jpeg
2A8068C9-D3E7-4D4B-B89D-AE39627CD2C3.jpeg
8F4131E0-06B6-4E69-846A-33027DEC10C5.jpeg
Love the story bro. You live in Miami?

I don't think DHGate is a good place to cop reps to begin with. I follow the subreddits on rep sneakers and they all have like special sellers through WhatsApp and what not.

I don't think DHGate is a good place to cop reps to begin with. I follow the subreddits on rep sneakers and they all have like special sellers through WhatsApp and what not.
The quality on reps has changed since I was a young boy. You could see them coming from Jupiter! Now I look close at shoes in the store coming on a “lic” because they are SO CLOSE to retail.. But I’ve never pulled the trigger on any..

Back
Top Bottom