Nike Lebron 9 Retro

just got my Big Bang retros in……..They look so damn cheap compared to the OG.

The inner toe box looks different as far as the texture.

The size of the weaved material and the brightness of the shoe are both worse than the OG. Even the back tab feels cheap.

Low key disappointed, but, I’m glad they’re bringing things back at least.

The size of the weaved material and the brightness of the shoe are both worse than the OG. Even the back tab feels cheap.

nostalgia is equally satisfying as it can be disappointing my guy

You got any pics? In the pics I’ve seen they seem pretty close.

May help me to feel better about striking out on a pair lol

Damn they went the cheap route? (Doesn't surprise me)

I peeped the tongue having no mesh, but its more? damn

They did the same with the SB8 but I don't wanna ruffle no feathers lol

Mine should be here tonight or tomorrow. I’ll do a comparison as well. Not sure I trust this review. The photos have looked good so far and this is the first I heard of complaints like this.

Mine should be here tonight or tomorrow. I’ll do a comparison as well. Not sure I trust this review. The photos have looked good so far and this is the first I heard of complaints like this.
There is a little bit truth in this. The sole isn't thick on the sides, but overall they did a good job. They also feel more comfortable than the OGs.

I worked retail and 11.5 had more production numbers/stock than 12 and up. I also don’t think 11.5 is considered a big footer. No offense lol.

And the reason why those bigger sizes are more expensive is because they make less of them than 10.5 and lower. 11.5…12.5 are mutant sizes lol. I don’t think there’s a 13.5, 14.5, 15.5

11.5 is not considered a “big” size or big footer at all. Also, 11.5 is probably one of the least produced sizes. As a former retailer worker, i vaguely remember only getting 1 11.5 per size run. A size run case usually consists of the following 12 shoes: 8 (1), 8.5 (1), 9 (1), 9.5 (1), 10 (2), 10.5 (2), 11 (1), 11.5 (1), 12 (2), 13 (1). There are then smaller 4 or 6 cases shipped which include 14 and possibly 15, and other popular sizes which does not include 11.5.

Some companies produce 13.5 & 14.5 but only in specific models or cws. I personally bought a yeezy 350 in 13.5 and ive personally seen 14.5 before in stores/online.

The oranges are considerably hella brighter than the OGs, And the weave feels different, almost cheaper lys. I’d like to say disappointed but then it’d sound like I’m complaining but I’m not (yet lol)

The mesh part protrudes out a little emote and feels weaved. The retro doesn’t feel weaved but more placed together , if that makes sense.

4697AE98-8479-4EB9-B23C-39DBF667D53F.jpeg
72B3A2A0-7439-4CA6-B05E-2F0F25B53751.jpeg
AB3D93AB-E815-4CE5-A052-9C3032926FD9.jpeg
095000E5-66AD-43E3-98D0-9B5119C8507D.jpeg

You’ll see what I mean when your pair comes in. Maybe it’s because I have the original next to it and others don’t know the difference. It’s acceptable I guess, but there are clear differences.

The mesh part protrudes out a little emote and feels weaved. The retro doesn’t feel weaved but more placed together , if that makes sense.

4697AE98-8479-4EB9-B23C-39DBF667D53F.jpeg
72B3A2A0-7439-4CA6-B05E-2F0F25B53751.jpeg
AB3D93AB-E815-4CE5-A052-9C3032926FD9.jpeg
095000E5-66AD-43E3-98D0-9B5119C8507D.jpeg
Assuming different factories but i wonder if is them getting better at producing them tech and uppers.

Wasn’t this all new(er) tech at the time?

I still want an OG pair

Could've fooled me. Most pics I've seen look amazing

The one thing I’ve noticed is the weave. it use to be plastic based or more like fishing wire and now it’s cloth or condura ish. And the tongue use to be open cell mesh and now it’s like nylon? Idk but like everyone else I’m just happy there back and hyped for the Palmer I’m gonna try to get as many multiples as possible.

Back
Top Bottom