Nike Lunar Hyperdunk 2013

When brand new, translucent rubber works wonders. But it attracts dust like crazy especially on dirty floors. Over time dust will stick to the rubber and traction won't be as good as solid rubber and much harder to clean. Plus for me personally clear translucent looks ugly when it starts to discolor and yellow. All good though

I have to disagree to a certain extent...my Carpe Diem KB IVs were trash out of the box but as I broke them in they had the best traction of all my IVs...USC, Rice, Choas, and IV rings..they would bite the floor so hard and I loved it...then they bottomed out so I had to retire them...as for the yellowing that doesn't bother me if I'm ballin in them...but the purple did bleed on my MLKs and I wasn't too happy about that since those were for casual use...

But again it could have been the type of rubber they used on the Carpe Diem...only time will tell with these Hyperdunks...all I know is they are performance beasts

Does anyone in this thread know where I can purchase a pair of the red Hyperdunk 2013 that were a part of the Shanghai Love Life package?? Really nice colorway.

Still tons of sizes left on NDC but sadly no 13s - looks like a hot kick and I've heard they're a performance beast. Loved the Hyperdunk 2012 for bball personally.

I was a big fan of the 2012 too, still playing in mine to this day... but my first impression of the 2013 was not good. Put it on on felt like they ripped out most of the cushion that made the 2012 great, and slapped it on the tongue.

I'm sure its still a great shoe I've heard good things just disappointed by this new cushion placement

Let's get it out of the way ppl gonna be making these first thing. Pretty good representation if you ask me. This gtid when not glowing has a green tint much better than the other gitd option.
these are actually nice

Haven't balled in them yet but first impressions are very comfy 
happy.gif

Last edited:
these team shoes the last few years have looked so :x

no thanks jeff

I agree. I was heavily into the shoe game in the glory days of the mid '90s to early 2000s. Maybe I'm just getting old, but It just doesn't seem the same anymore...it's mostly all the same cookie cutter crap every year.

Why are kyries colors what they are? Seem random, not Cavs or even duke... They're nice though
From nikeinc.com:

Irving's past and future is the main theme of Irving's 2013 Hyperdunk as told through color and material. Born in Melbourne, Australia, where his father, Drederick, played professional basketball, Irving is proud of his roots. The green-toned teal and volt colorway is a futuristic take on Australia's National basketball team colorway of green and yellow.  Featured on the tongue and lining is a "wave" graphic that depicts the story of his travels overseas from Melbourne to New Jersey.

Full Story

Ha green and yellow turned to a teal and gold. Crap story but the shoes look decent in person.

Finishline has some new hyperdunks. They have those red one I asked about earlier in this forum. I'm gonna go pick them up this week

Back
Top Bottom